Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Steering column noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everytime I turned my wheels I would get a noise that sounded like if I was pulling on my seltbelt. Took it to the dealer and they said that the noise is infact coming from the steering column.

Normally that would be covered by CPO so they sent out a request for a new one. However they said that the CPO doesnt cover against "noises" as long as the structure is still working.

If it is denied they said another option would be a steering fluid flush. Which costs $300!.

Can anyone give me any help if there is a SIB or something that I can show them?

Or perhaps a DIY so I can do it myself

Yes I did do a search but nothing so far came up except what kind of fluid to buy.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M package

that sucks... I dont understand, firs they told you it was from steering column, I don't knwo if cpo covers that, but wtf.. why they tell you that because it is a noise can't be replaced, sound is because something is wrong, maybe is working now but who knows in one year.. and why they want to charge you so much money.. the flush would get rid of the noise ?

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='778158' date='Jan 27 2009, 02:04 AM
Everytime I turned my wheels I would get a noise that sounded like if I was pulling on my seltbelt. Took it to the dealer and they said that the noise is infact coming from the steering column.

Normally that would be covered by CPO so they sent out a request for a new one. However they said that the CPO doesnt cover against "noises" as long as the structure is still working.

If it is denied they said another option would be a steering fluid flush. Which costs $300!.

Can anyone give me any help if there is a SIB or something that I can show them?

Or perhaps a DIY so I can do it myself

Yes I did do a search but nothing so far came up except what kind of fluid to buy.