Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Split folding rear seats?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 04:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Talking

Yay for the folding rear seats, clearbra and 4.8 V8.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

They are a must-have for me. Wouldn't be driving one if it wasn't an option.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Senior Members

I got the fold downs too and never never never had a noise of any kind. They are comfortable and extremely flexible. And by the way, the arm rest on the fold downs is totally different than the standard arm rest, and much nicer.

If you do any kind of DIY stuff on your home, or buying big things or really anything from a store that is more than groceries, you'll want this.

And yes, it should be included as standard.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='198887
This should be std. Not an option. What a rip-off! :thumbsdown:
I am with you 100%. It should come standard.
[/quote]

Yeah so is the comfort access, but than againg they can charge it into the base price.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by stream' post='198773
Sorry I got the fold down rear seat.
There is an annoying vibration noise coming from the head rest which contains the fold down switch every time I go over the smallest bump. :thumbsdown:
I have the fold down rear seats, have used them several times, and have had no noise issues.

There are 2 switches in the trunk to fold down the seats--one for each side of the seat. The "head rest which contains the fold down switch" you refer to--is it the center headrest? If so, that's a switch to lower the center arm rest--standard on the E60--nothing to do with the folding seats.
[/quote]

Yes. You are right. The rear armrest was making the rattling noise in the up position.
When I put it down (bulky little fellow, isn't it?) I hardly hear any rattling anymore.
So I will leave the rear armrest down.
Now I have to get up real early tomorrow and cancel my scheduled early morning service appt. since there no longer is a problem.
Thank you very much for your insight!!
Old 11-17-2005, 01:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 530D SE Arrived 24 Sept 2003 Olivin Metallic, Dakota Black Leather, Active Steering, Automatic Gearbox, Adaptive Headlights, Alloy Wheels 122, Auto-Dim Int + Folding Ext, Dynamic Drive, Through Load System, Lumbar Support - fr seats, Xenon Headlamps, Space Saver With Jack, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Maple Wood

I got this option but have never used it for two years since i bought the car. I depends on your life-style whether you need it or not. I clearly do not need it.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Originally Posted by hmc' post='198743' date='Nov 16 2005, 12:39 AM
This is actually the only "must have" option for me.
I would concur...didnnt have it in my 330 (granted the boot is a lot smaller) but I vowed to get iy in my 535...
Old 11-17-2005, 03:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by hpowders' post='198756' date='Nov 16 2005, 03:35 AM
There is an annoying vibration noise coming from the head rest which contains the fold down switch every time I go over the smallest bump. :thumbsdown:
Yeah, I hear the vibrating noice whilest driving in the city on stone roads, yes you read correct, in Helsinki we have quite a few stone roads.

They are good for testing any disturbance noises and especially with my 245/40 18" RF's there are some coming from various places; dash, doors, rear seats...

But the folding rear seats are a must!
Old 11-17-2005, 08:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='199421
Yeah, I hear the vibrating noice whilest driving in the city on stone roads, yes you read correct, in Helsinki we have quite a few stone roads.

They are good for testing any disturbance noises and especially with my 245/40 18" RF's there are some coming from various places; dash, doors, rear seats...

But the folding rear seats are a must!
[/quote]

They must have heard my complaining in my community in Florida because they just smoothed over all the local roads with tar!
Unfortunately, I still have to drive outside my community!
But I found much of the noise was coming from the rear armrest in the upward position.
So I keep it lowered and most of the rattling is gone!
Old 11-17-2005, 08:53 AM
twh
Members
Senior Members

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi 6MT
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

In my opinion, fold down rear seats are essential.

I also have rear heated seats and that also works fine.

I use them at least once a month. When I ordered my car my wife asked me what I need them for. She said "you're not going to Home Depot with your car, are you?". Well, that occasionaly trip to Home Depot, Lowes or anyplace that you have an oversize item and these seats are great. Otherwise, I'd have to drive her mini-van

Tom

Quick Reply: Split folding rear seats?