Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Spec Check...about to pull the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 01:37 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Discount is not dissimilar to that, don't need bumwarmers as it will live in a heated garage and I had them on other cars and never used them.

I'm thinking that the voice control debarcle is a bit mean....does this mean that currently, the pro-nav means the car responds to NO voice commands whatsoever or is it just the extended (climate and phone) stuff that is missing.

ps, borrowing a demonstrater with reasonable spec for the weekend to try out prior to firming up the order.....my dealer is pretty good that way.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:04 AM
Senior Members

load-thru rear seats

anti-dazzle rear & side view (comes with folding mirrors : required imo here in the UK given the size of the mirrors and the size of park places)

sliding centre arm-rest & lumbar support: if you do any amount of driving it will prove well worth it

sports suspension & dechroming are good choices as well

and, for my money, i LOVE my sunroof... but it is a luxury i chose when taking busNav rather than Pro... but all of the above i would highly recommend!
Old 04-21-2004, 09:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Doctor Diesel' date='Apr 21 2004, 09:37 AM
I'm thinking that the voice control debarcle is a bit mean....does this mean that currently, the pro-nav means the car responds to NO voice commands whatsoever or is it just the extended (climate and phone) stuff that is missing.
You get NOWT
Old 04-23-2004, 12:37 AM
DrT
Members

Do you like biege leather - beige contrasts with poplar wood on black or orient blue and looks fantastic. Beige leather also shows up less footprints from the pesky kids and is easy to clean, based on my experience with a 325 Touring.

Don't hang around ordering though - the lead times are increasing by about 1-2 weeks in the UK at the moment especially if you load up on the options !

Oh, and don't forget to negotiate ! Most dealers are keen to see much higher figures. I got a 7% discount on price and ?100 per month cheaper lease by getting them to match an online offer.

Good luck !
Old 04-23-2004, 01:20 AM
Contributors

Not that keen on beige, I had it on a 735i and with my 3 boys (ages 8,5 and 2) it will look manky in minutes !

I'm borrowing the 530 diesel for the weekend this afternoon to make sure I want the diesel (over the petrol) and it has black/poplar/silver grey combo so we'll see what Its like in the flesh!

I'll post my impressions after my extended test drive and hope to finalise the order monday afternoon.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:23 AM
Senior Members

If you can wait to order I'd strongly suggest that you hold off for the launch of the 5353d sport in September. That is going to be the model to have IMHO.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:35 AM
Contributors

Yes, I agree the 535d will be the new benchmark in sporting diesels but my dealer tells me there will be a big price premium and I cannot have 7% discount on it either. the 530d is stretching my budget a bit so the 535 is definately out!

however, if the governments promise of improved salaries for doctors comes true.....I'll get my M5 order in quickly (aye..dream on!)
Old 04-23-2004, 01:47 AM
Members

On my US E60 I have the following:

Titanium Silver with light grey interior (kids grown)

Premium Package
----------------------
leather upholstry
high gloss anthracite maple wood trim
integrated garage door opener
auto-dimming rear-view mirror
power lumbar support

Premium Sound
--------------------
Logic 7
6 CD changer

Sport Package
-------------------------------------
Star Spoke Alloy Wheels (123, I think?)
18" Bridgestone Potenza 245/40 run flat tires all around
power front sport seats with adjustable thigh support
sport suspension
active steering
active roll stabilization
shadowline trim

Automatic Transmission-6 speed Steptronic with Sport mode

Glass moonroof

Parking Distance Control

Fold down rear seats w/ski bag

Xenon Headlights

Active Cruise Control

Satelite Radio Preparation

Extended mechanical warranty

Extended tire warranty (run flats are not repairable and cost $460 each (including installation). I just had a flat at 2k miles.

Paint/interior protection

Lojack antitheft device

I also added a clear bra (3m and Xpel material)

What I didn't order:
Cold weather package (no need in So. California)
Front Comfort Seats (I had to draw the line somewhere. The sport seats are fine for me. People with the comfort seats rave about them)
Rear Seat Heating (see above)
Power Rear Sun shade
Navigation & Head-up Display (not available when ordered)
Seq. Manual Gear Box (not available when I ordered)

All the options on my ride are exceptional. I could have had a more basic 540 but the 530 has excellent power and I wanted all the goodies, especially the sport package for very impressive handling. As you can see, most of my options are related to driving.

The car has had a couple of warranty repair problems:
1) a mechanical belt guide was replace with a hydraulic one to stop clicking noise.
2) driver's cup holder was replaced because the original one wouldn't open.
3) the Flat Tire Monitor icon came on even though the tires aren't flat.
I have to take it soon to have this problem checked.
4) The hood was misaligned.

BTW, the FTM does not monitor the air pressure of the tires. It works with the ABS system and measures the rotational speed of each tire. A flat tire spins more slowly .

Hope this helps.

Good driving to you and yours.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:12 AM
Senior Members

I hate being picky.. hehe, but..
Wouldn't an underinflated or flat tyre spin faster as it circumference decreases?

-paasan
Old 04-23-2004, 04:15 AM
Members

If your test driving the diesel have a play with the manual mode on the auto box, just put in third or forth gear at low revs and put your foot down, the accelerator birngs a grin to my face every time I do it.

I also found that the 3.0 petrol was a lot slower in getting power down coming out of corners, the diesel seems a more satisfying drive for the auto box imho.

Quick Reply: Spec Check...about to pull the trigger