Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Should i reject?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi!

I am a Lexus owner from Jag owner to a new BMW owner. I have a new 530xi 2006, Black with NAV and Cold weather package. After one week the SES light came on and upon taking it in they said that the gas over flow sensor may be bad and they reset it. A week later the light came back on. On the second bring in, they confirmed that it was the Gas overflow sensor and they would need to replace it. The loaner cars that they give are Buick?s I am not driving one of those, I wont even walk by one. They told me they will pick me up and drop me off. I just feel uncomfortable having them tear apart a new car to repair things. The first two times I dropped of the car they returned it to me with the hood unlatched and the car smelled funny. Can I take my leased car to another BMW dealership that I feel more comfortable with, or should I just take it to my local one and if they mess up the car further, just reject it all together? Not to sound like a baby, but I refuse to drive a new car with a service engine light that keeps coming on. Or have to drive a buick for two weeks while waiting for my bmw to be repaired.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by akmpres' post='251848' date='Mar 9 2006, 12:25 AM
Hi!

I am a Lexus owner from Jag owner to a new BMW owner. I have a new 530xi 2006, Black with NAV and Cold weather package. After one week the SES light came on and upon taking it in they said that the gas over flow sensor may be bad and they reset it. A week later the light came back on. On the second bring in, they confirmed that it was the Gas overflow sensor and they would need to replace it. The loaner cars that they give are Buick?s I am not driving one of those, I wont even walk by one. They told me they will pick me up and drop me off. I just feel uncomfortable having them tear apart a new car to repair things. The first two times I dropped of the car they returned it to me with the hood unlatched and the car smelled funny. Can I take my leased car to another BMW dealership that I feel more comfortable with, or should I just take it to my local one and if they mess up the car further, just reject it all together? Not to sound like a baby, but I refuse to drive a new car with a service engine light that keeps coming on. Or have to drive a buick for two weeks while waiting for my bmw to be repaired.
I don't blame you. You are paying for a 2006 530xi - that is what you should have the use of ALL the time.

The problem you are experiencing is the DEALERS fault and they should be bending over backwards to sort it out without any inconveniece to yourself.

I'm in the UK and can't advise legally, but my suggestion would be to keep an eye on the dates. To stand a chance of rejecting the vehicle here you would need to do so within 28 days.

At the moment though I wouldn't be thinking about rejecting it, but I would find another dealer. Can't imagine this should be an issue as it is clearly a warranty problem.

The guys you are dealing with now clearly don't understand customer service. I had the - we'll pick you up and drop you off nonsense as well - and it just isn't convenient - what If you want to use the car in the middle of the day?

Good luck - I'm sure another dealer will sort it out.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

agree with needforspeed!