Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Service Bulletins & DRL's "blinking"

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '11 535i Space Grey Met. w/ Blk Dakota Leather, Executive Package, M-Sport Package, Dynamic Handling Package, 35% tint '06 525i Titanium Silver (retired) Premium pkg, PDC, Logic 7, adaptive headlights std. items - xenons, cold weather pkg mods so far - red euro reflectors, UGDO & compass rearview mirror, 35% tint, H&R Sport Springs, 18" style 124 OEM rims

Hi

I recently noticed that my daytime running lights were flickering (ie. getting brighter and dimmer). I'm wondering if anyone has had happen and what the problem is?

My car ('06 525) is currently at the dealer getting this checked out. When I brought it in, the advisor indicated that there was 2 recalls/service advisories. One stated that the rear shocks were being enhanced/replaced and the other indicated to check the TCU and replace if required. I'm just wondering if anyone knows about these 2 recalls/service advisories and what the problems were to get BMW to replace the rear shocks and check/replace the TCU?

I don't mind getting new shocks but am a bit concerned about such a big repair when the car is only 8 months old.

Any info on any of the above would be great.

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

If you will raise you eyes just a little tiny bit higher on the Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum page you will see a sticky - Labled - [u]Service Bulletins[/u]. Poke around in there and you will find under "rear axle" (33) one of the Recalls and under Phone, Nav (84) some SIBs on TCUs. Lots of recent action on Service Bulletins so I will be updating soon.

Originally Posted by jlgjwu' post='369825' date='Dec 21 2006, 02:30 AM
Hi

I recently noticed that my daytime running lights were flickering (ie. getting brighter and dimmer). I'm wondering if anyone has had happen and what the problem is?

My car ('06 525) is currently at the dealer getting this checked out. When I brought it in, the advisor indicated that there was 2 recalls/service advisories. One stated that the rear shocks were being enhanced/replaced and the other indicated to check the TCU and replace if required. I'm just wondering if anyone knows about these 2 recalls/service advisories and what the problems were to get BMW to replace the rear shocks and check/replace the TCU?

I don't mind getting new shocks but am a bit concerned about such a big repair when the car is only 8 months old.

Any info on any of the above would be great.

Thanks!