Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.
View Poll Results: Ownership of my BMW
Very satisfied
69.62%
Satisfied
29.11%
Dissatisfied
0%
Very Dissatisfied
1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Satisfaction

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 03:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Ok .. this isn't a scientific study but let's put it out there ... No dealer-named specific raves or flames please; there is another forum for that.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 07 E61 530d M-Sport.

Im in the UK and have had to use two different dealers so far for warranty claims. Both times i had to keep ringing them up to see if they had ordered parts for my car(several times for each) and then when they have had the car they dont seem very efficient and I have to ring them to find out if its ready. The last time I left it in for two night so they could change the window and the window would have time to cure without driving it. When I phoned on the third day they had fault found an electrical fault and said "theres something about a window, whats that?". I left Audi because of poor CS and so far BMW dealers seem little better.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:20 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

The guys at my dealership are great, definitely treat me better then any other dealership around that I have dealt with. Talking to the people I work with I get the best treatment from a dealership. If the car wasn't so finicky at times with minor issues I would be more satisfied, don't get me wrong I don't think I will ever buy anything not bmw now but there are issues.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Id have to say, I was an Audi guy before this and my Audi dealer in Houston (Momentum) was top notch and helpful, but when I got here to CO they Audi Dealer sucked and since I moved over to BMW my Bimmer dealer here is Ralph Schomp and they are excellent (big shout to my SA Chris Adams)! OMG they blow the Audi dealer here away..... Friendly, Timely, and Honest!

I often wonder maybe its not just only the brand, it the actually dealer themselves that stand out.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:45 AM
Members

My dealer is shockingly bad - in the UK - and that was just the purchase and what they did with my tax discs and V5 etc after my cherished transfer. I'd never go back there again, no matter how nice the showroom looks...

They seem to only care about fleecing you for the last penny, getting another notch towrds the monthly targets, and then moving onto the next unsuspecting punter!!!

On a more pleasant note, the car is fab!
Old 10-31-2008, 07:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, BMW Stainless Steel Pedals, #166 Rims

Originally Posted by IceyTys' post='708548' date='Oct 31 2008, 08:22 AM
Id have to say, I was an Audi guy before this and my Audi dealer in Houston (Momentum) was top notch and helpful, but when I got here to CO they Audi Dealer sucked and since I moved over to BMW my Bimmer dealer here is Ralph Schomp and they are excellent (big shout to my SA Chris Adams)! OMG they blow the Audi dealer here away..... Friendly, Timely, and Honest!

I often wonder maybe its not just only the brand, it the actually dealer themselves that stand out.

I'd second that for Ralph Schomp, great dealership with a great selection of cars to look at while waiting. I drive about an hour to take my car there from the springs.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

I've been getting my BMWs serviced at Autohaus in the St. Louis area for several years. They have never been anything less than fair, honest, and competent. The SA's are the best, as are the parts guys and counter people. There are several other area dealers, but I will not take my car(s) anywhere else.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:26 AM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Good response rate so far ... let's get some additional input before drawing conclusions
Old 11-01-2008, 05:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530 XD TOURING Luxe, 231HP

Used to be an Audi. But found service very poor (6 gear speed box died after less than 5k and I had to fight hard to get Audi to agree it was a default on their car). And this at three locations: Singapore, France and UK. None were even close to good (and even got UK dealer claiming they did oil change ...and they had not).

I switched to BMW last year as 530xd was more entertaining than Audi A6 3.0TDI quattro and cheaper with better warranty. I had few trouble with the car (mainly oil sensor going crazy) and it took long for the french dealer to get to the bottom of it, but they finally resolved it and were always nice, although I had to start to raise my voice for them to escalate to Germany.
But since then they felt bad and gave me a lot of 'rebate' like one free oil change, 35% on new tires, a miniature of E61 for my son...can't complain. And the car run great.

So overall good car good service. Specially considering my car is a used one (but under 2 years 100k warranty).
Old 11-01-2008, 06:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mystic Blue, Beige Leather, Sport, Premium, Prem Sound, Xenon, Nav, Steptronic, Power Shade

The dealers in Los Angeles were always to busy to provide the best service. Now that I am back in Oklahoma, both dealers (Tulsa/OKC) are good to work with.

Quick Reply: Satisfaction