Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Recieved my Authentic Hartge splitter today!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

I ordered my authentic Hartge splitter from bavarianx.com sometime in May.. It was supposed to take 4-6 weeks.. 11 weeks later I get it.. First off customs was a joke and made me go to 3 different places to get papers signed and work everything out.. I was excited for my splitter so I dealt with it..

I finally get the box, and bring it back to work.. I'm super excited.. it's been a long day of running back and fourth, I open the box and unwrap the splitter AND..... wrong splitter, made for the E60 M5.. I'm sooooooo frustrated! Bavx lost all my future business.. I'll figure this out tomorrow and get it sent back.. I think I'm gonna get a refund, theres no way I'm waiting another 2 and a half months..
Old 08-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

You should have gone with the cracked, poorly packaged replica's some members were selling on the forum. Hahahahaha!

Actually, you should have just gone with the Hamann Splitter. Kidding bud. That sucks Balboa. Call and start screaming!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Sorry to hear Rocky...hope you get things resolved.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

yeah.. damn.. sucks.. I was waiting to hear your feedback and see pics of the auth Hartge installed... hope it all works out!!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by too solid' post='645960' date='Aug 13 2008, 03:20 PM
I ordered my authentic Hartge splitter from bavarianx.com sometime in May.. They told me it would take 4-6 weeks.. 11 weeks later I get it.. First off customs was a joke and made me go to 3 different places to get papers signed and work everything out.. I was excited for my splitter so I dealt with it..

I finally get the box, and bring it back to work.. I'm super excited.. it's been a long day of running back and fourth, I open the box and unwrap the splitter AND..... wrong splitter, made for M5's only.. I'm sooooooo mad right now, I can't even believe it! I'll post pictures when I get home to make sure it's the wrong splitter.. but I can tell from looking at it it's for the M5, dosn't even come close to fitting, and I've researched them a ton when I was first in the market.. 100% its for the M5! THIS SUCKS.. bavx lost all my future business.. I'll figure this out tomorrow and get it sent back.. I think I'm gonna get a refund, theres no way I'm waiting another 2 and a half months.. also the splitter didn't say Hartge anywhere, it had a serial number but no way to even tell it's authentic!

Also I phoned Bobby from bavx (owner I think) and he was telling me how he saw on the invoice it was for M-tech blah blah blah.. I told him I'll email the pics to show him.. MAAAAAAANN, this blows goats!

Easy... It's pretty simple --- just go out and buy an M5 to fit your new splitter

Good luck Rocky!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats the worst thing to hear that it was made for the M5 not the M-tech GL hope things turns around.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, A/T & Paddle Shifters, AW, NB Leather, Sport, Premium, Nav, 6FL

hey if you don't get a refund i might be able to get those off your hands if price is right. let me know.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Senior Members

Red face

i was gna say finish work, then relised that you in USA, anyhow will await pics,

best to double check!!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

I checked the splitter's serial number, it starts off "E60 M5" followed by 6-8 numbers.. The installation manual also says "E60 M5". I understand Hartge may have shipped the wrong splitter, but why couldn't bavarianx catch this mistake and send it back for the right one? Instead they ended up painting and shipping it out! I don't get it! Pretty careless if you ask me..

This is the same place that I bought my wheels.. they sent them out and forgot to install the TPM sensors.. They ended up sending them, I had to get the wheels rebalanced and put back on which took 2 and a half hours of my time.

What do you guys think I should do?

a. refund!
b. BIG discount!
c. throw in some freebies!

I'll hafta wait and see what he offers I guess..

So far with the TPM incident and now this, It's waisted about 6 hours of my time at least! This is so frustrating! Even if he offers $100-$200 off plus the duty fee's and shipping fee's it's still not worth it to me..
Old 08-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Contributors

Keep in mind the splitter has already cost me $1200 shipped and painted, another $125 for duty.. plus whatever else I hafta deal with now....

I don't wanna wait another 2 and a half months to get the right one!

Quick Reply: Recieved my Authentic Hartge splitter today!