Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Priority 1 options on 5-series

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 06:27 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked into getting ventilated seats on my recent order and decided to skip them (I was worried about how the holes would look in beige leather and if they would get too dirty over time).

Also, I drove a Cadillac rental car with ventilation the week before I orderd my 550, and certain pieces and parts of my body got a bit too cool, if you know what I mean. So that turned my off to it.

But you can ventilated seats. You need to order Comfort Seats and the Priority 1 Nasca leather, then add front ventilated seats (which are heated). I don't know how much these 2 options are.

The other question I did not find an answer to is if you can also get the heated steering wheel and rear seat heating with the Comfort/Nasca/Vent combination. I seems likely, but I never pushed for a firm answer.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Cyclist' date='Aug 11 2005, 02:08 PM
[quote name='Boxsterfeet' date='Aug 11 2005, 07:50 AM']Not really looked into it, but when I drove a 535d recently I could have done with them, so will be specifying thm when I place my order. Would rather have that than AS
[snapback]158241[/snapback]

Agreed, I'm going to skip active steering

I'm looking at

550I
comfort access
NAV/HUD
Sport Pkg
Prem Sound
Cold Weather

considering anthracite maple if I get black interior
[snapback]158245[/snapback]
[/quote]

It would be nice to kwow where you are from .

The ventilated seats are for really long rides, the AC takes care of most the weather problems, I mean hot temperatures and high humidity.

I would absolutely go for the Active Steering. I do not have it myself, but I have been test driving it, and everybody who has it is in with it.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Members

My Ride: On Order for European Delivery 550i SilverGrey Sports, Winter, Prem Pkg, Prem sound, NAV, HUD, comfort seats

I'm in the northeast.

Dealer called, Nasca leather, comfort seat, ventilated seat $1650/1200/1025

You have to get them all. uggghh

He did say the comfort seat is now 20-way and he didnt originally suggest it but now he likes it since it has adjustable side bolsters and adjustable thigh bolsters in addition to the headrest
Old 08-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Members

This is for US spec MY2006:

Comfort seats are no longer required for Ventilation. The current requirement is:

1) Nasca Leather
2) Premium Pkg
3) Ventilation

The reason why is because I ordered mine and just took delivery. I would have Much rather have had Comfort seats over Premium pkg, but now you have to have premium pkg. You can still get comfort seats but its not required.

I thought at the time that my dealer wasn't telling me the truth, but then I contacted 2 other dealers and both confirmed the new requirements, but everyone here on the forum was saying that comfort was required so I called BMWNA & the confirmed what all 3 dealers said and that was that Premium pkg was now required and comfort is no longer required.

First of all to those who say ventilation is not worth it, they are seriously mistaken. I love it so much, no more back sweat EVER! I wouldn't order the car without it. It is kind of pricey though, $1850(Nasca) + $2000(premium) + $1025(Ventilation) total of $4875 just to get ventilation.

I also argued another issue with BMW, they charged the full $2000 for the premium pkg but the prem pkg includes Dakota leather which costs $1400 by itself, on top of that I had to pay for Nasca, so basically I had to pay for 2 leathers. I argued they should give me $1400 credit towards the Nasca, but the obviously didn't. I am still pursuing this with BMWNA.

Peace