Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Pretty frustrated with the dealership!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 07:34 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Anthracite Maple | 6 Speed Manual | Sport Package | Logic 7 | Sirius Satellite Radio
Model Year: 2005

I am sorry to hear about your frustrations.
You said you live in Lincoln but your dealer is in Omaha. Is there a reason you didn't bring it to the dealer in Lincoln? Is your car under warranty? If your car is under warranty any BMW dealer can do the warranty work regardless of where you bought it.
Good Luck with the repairs.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BrianTx5' post='825898' date='Mar 24 2009, 10:34 PM
You said you live in Lincoln but your dealer is in Omaha. Is there a reason you didn't bring it to the dealer in Lincoln? Is your car under warranty? If your car is under warranty any BMW dealer can do the warranty work regardless of where you bought it.
Sometimes I am amazed at the reports I see on the forums. In order to avoid situations like the above, I do a little homework prior to making an appointment:

1. Days prior to coming in, I talk with service mgr once or twice, even if by phone--if dealership is a distance away. I ask him who his best mechanic is for electr, brakes, or engine, or whatever.

2. I also talk to sales people and switchboard operator to find out who the best service writer is.

3. Most important question is to ask which service writer to stay away from.

4. Also ask who the best mechanics are, especially for certain types of work.

5. When I arrive at the dealership, I say hi to service mgr prior to driving care into service lane. I tell him/her why I am there, and ask similar questions. I ask for certain mechanics to work on the car, and also seek his input on these mechanics.

6. Right now, I am preparing for a 2,000 mile trip--to begin next week. Tomorrow, I will talk with service mgrs at BMW dealerships along the route so that if I have a problem on the trip, I have a feel for the quality of work and the interaction that I will encounter if I need to visit a dealership.

7. What does this do? Try it, and you will find out.

Very simple.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BrianTx5' post='825898' date='Mar 24 2009, 10:34 PM
When i was test driving cars at the lincoln dealership they were complete assholes who tried to strong arm me into buying a car THAT moment. Not to mention they tried to sell me a 2006 530i with 47,000 miles on it for $36,000. I laughed in their face and said i would NEVER be back and was going to omaha. They hate me there and i do not trust them. When i bought my car in omaha they were the nicest people who let me take the car and didnt pressure me into anything. They gave me multiple things out of the bmw store there and we just generally more down to earth people! The president of markel is a an italian guy who after talking to for 5 mins you think you've known him for years! He's an awesome guy. This is the only bad expierence i've had with them. My last service they drove a car down to me as the loaner and took mine to get worked on and brought it back for me!

Markel > Husker BMW

I will NEVER EVER go back to husker for ANYTHING. Unless new management is there...
Old 03-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Anthracite Maple | 6 Speed Manual | Sport Package | Logic 7 | Sirius Satellite Radio
Model Year: 2005

Okay, that explains it.

Many people would have probably crossed BMW off their list and went to another manufacturer. I hope you find BMW ownership satisfying and rewarding.

Once again, good luck.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='825831' date='Mar 24 2009, 10:13 PM
i should of had them bring down the car so they could see it in the morning. but hey my baby is spending the night with them and they can deal with it in the morning because i called and reminded them to check it AGAIN in the morning.

As you should know im new to bmw ownership and am still kind of in awe when i walk around the dealership. My eyes are fixed on that 6er
Im getting broken into this whole thing. But on the other hand they should have stepped their game up as well. We both fumbled and im the only one upset

On the other hand i did get my rear reflectors and alpine white touch up paint

I apologize. I didn't realize that you were a chick.

That just makes the situation even worse for these
assholes to take advantage of a female.

And I totally feel ya on the 6....I saw a CPO M6 for sale
for 65k (20k on the clock) and I could have had that car
had I waited a few more months to save up to buy it.

This 535i just aint cutting it when it comes to needing more power.

That makes me so angry.
/Marvin the Martian.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mikeg3tsguap' post='825867' date='Mar 24 2009, 08:03 PM
welcome to the bmw world were something as simple as a button missing takes them 2-3 hrs to get replaced my word of advice next time no matter what the say drop the car off and go home because it will never never be done in the time they tell you and second they almost never get all the work done they will fix 2 out of 3 and forget the 3rd lol typical bmw
+1

wassup AWGril, i hope all is goes well tomorrow.
only other thing to add, make sure the qualified technician is working the day u drop off the car.
if its an electrician is needed, call ahead of time and make sure they have one working that day.
no point leaving ur ride there if no one is qualified to work on it,
then you'll just get every excuse under the sun why ur car wasnt done
Old 03-25-2009, 03:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Reference your question on 11mm brake pad remaining: That is good. BMW maintenance plan calls for replacement when between 4-7 mm. Depending on your rate of wear that could be a long time. I am at 9mm at 80k miles, but I am very easy on brakes.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:25 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='825831' date='Mar 24 2009, 10:13 PM
On the other hand i did get my rear reflectors and alpine white touch up paint

they better give that to you for free
Old 03-25-2009, 05:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

File a complaint with BMWNA?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by neoe60' post='826174' date='Mar 25 2009, 08:30 AM
File a complaint with BMWNA?
i am not going to file a complaint YET. im going to give them a chance to make the situation right for me. I really do like these people at the dealership (president and my sales guy mostly) and am going to give them a chance to correct everything!

Quick Reply: Pretty frustrated with the dealership!