Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Positive Experience with Pacific BMW.. so far.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last Wednesday, without any warning, my battery died overnight and I had to jump start the car in the morning. All types of warnings on my HUD including transmission malfunction, active steering disabled, left and right tail light malfunction etc. Even my idrive screen wouldn't turn on. Instead of driving the car to work and possibly having to jump start, I drove my other car to work.

I called Assael (Monrovia) BMW to schedule an appointment for an oil change and inspection since my office is about 2 blocks away. They quoted me a 4 week waiting period for a BMW loaner, and since I didn't buy my car there, I get the pleasure of paying for my own loaner, an Enterprise at that.

Next I called Pacific BMW and they said I could get a BMW loaner on Saturday, in 3 days. They mentioned that since I didn't buy the car there I don't get a loaner for free, but still honored it and gave me one at no cost to me. Currently driving an AW 328, though they have 2 1er's which I was hoping to get but they were out already.

Update today: Car needs new alternator, which I suspected and had asked them to check out. Covered under CPO warranty though I do pay a $50 deductible. Thank god for my CPO warranty!

I always liked the AW E90's and now its nice to know firsthand how they drive. Can't compare to the V8 but still fun to drive in the meanwhile.

Oh do I miss my E60 though..

p.s. my sister had her E60 530's alternator changed about a month ago too at Pacific BMW. Covered by warranty and free loaner though she bought the car from a different dealership. So far so good with this dealership.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

That's good to hear man, I actually DID buy my car at Monrovia, but I would NEVER take my car there for service. They take forever!!!! And I didn't like the way they drove cars that were left there for service. Saw the techs doing damn near burnouts in the service area. Good thing I stuck around when I did my little post sale services. Now I take my car to McKenna (since it's like 4 blocks from my house)
Old 12-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Contributors

My sister bought her car from Monrovia and didn't like their service as well. Mind you my sister doesn't know much about cars, but she knew enough to know the SA's didn't really know what they were talking about, plus they do take their time.

Based on my sister's experience, plus my visit to their service department, that made me decide to go elsewhere.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi' post='1074117' date='Dec 15 2009, 12:22 PM
My sister bought her car from Monrovia and didn't like their service as well. Mind you my sister doesn't know much about cars, but she knew enough to know the SA's didn't really know what they were talking about, plus they do take their time.

Based on my sister's experience, plus my visit to their service department, that made me decide to go elsewhere.

Yeah, McKenna has been decent to me, but they still refuse to fix the squeaky brakes issue. And the last time I went (because of a couple of small issues) they duly noted that I have added a sub and amp to my car when diagnosing the iDrive screen going black. So I am getting more leery of McKenna too. I may try Crevier since they're like 3 mins from my work.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Good to hear about your positive experience with your dealer.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

You guys should take your cars here. We have an excellent service department and are a BMW Center of Excellence. After all, what's 3000 miles when you want quality work??
Old 12-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi' post='1074096' date='Dec 15 2009, 11:53 AM
Last Wednesday, without any warning, my battery died overnight and I had to jump start the car in the morning. All types of warnings on my HUD including transmission malfunction, active steering disabled, left and right tail light malfunction etc. Even my idrive screen wouldn't turn on. Instead of driving the car to work and possibly having to jump start, I drove my other car to work.

I called Assael (Monrovia) BMW to schedule an appointment for an oil change and inspection since my office is about 2 blocks away. They quoted me a 4 week waiting period for a BMW loaner, and since I didn't buy my car there, I get the pleasure of paying for my own loaner, an Enterprise at that.

Next I called Pacific BMW and they said I could get a BMW loaner on Saturday, in 3 days. They mentioned that since I didn't buy the car there I don't get a loaner for free, but still honored it and gave me one at no cost to me. Currently driving an AW 328, though they have 2 1er's which I was hoping to get but they were out already.

Update today: Car needs new alternator, which I suspected and had asked them to check out. Covered under CPO warranty though I do pay a $50 deductible. Thank god for my CPO warranty!

I always liked the AW E90's and now its nice to know firsthand how they drive. Can't compare to the V8 but still fun to drive in the meanwhile.

Oh do I miss my E60 though..

p.s. my sister had her E60 530's alternator changed about a month ago too at Pacific BMW. Covered by warranty and free loaner though she bought the car from a different dealership. So far so good with this dealership.
good to hear! Pacific BMW has been great ppl to work with, no doubt!

when you're in there, go and visit Arnold in the Parts Dept. Tell him i sent you. They've got nice stuff in there.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Contributors

Will do John. Can I tell Arnold to put a few things on your tab too? They have some BBS LM's on display in the parts department. jk

So I just spoke with my SA today and got a few updates:

- Alternator has been changed, but he says something is still drawing power even when the car is off. Their indicators say its from the lighting module. He thinks its the LED interior lights.. Can this be true??

- Everything else seems to check out well, but they do suggest 2 additional services.
- Power steering flush ($250ish)
- Clean fuel injectors ($200ish)

Total for the 2 services come out to about $450.

Is the quoted price fair for this type of work? Both seem necessary if I have 51k miles right?

Any advise and input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi' post='1074843' date='Dec 16 2009, 02:03 PM
Will do John. Can I tell Arnold to put a few things on your tab too? They have some BBS LM's on display in the parts department. jk
sure!

yeah, there's only 2 wheels....i have the other two, i have 'em on layaway.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MacFly?' post='1074846' date='Dec 16 2009, 02:08 PM
sure!

yeah, there's only 2 wheels....i have the other two, i have 'em on layaway.

If you sell the 5D you can get your 3rd wheel finally!! haha

Quick Reply: Positive Experience with Pacific BMW.. so far.