Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Picking Up my new car... Dealer Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 535i Titanium Silver Metallic, xDrive, premium pkg, cold weather pkg, sat radio, rear split/heated seats, euro reflectors

Ok so what features should I have the dealer set (DRL's, alarm, locking) and what should I make sure they review with me (iDrive)? Unfortunately they are an hour away from me so I don't want to have to drive back anytime soon.

Thanks in advance for the help.

uny530xi
Old 12-05-2005, 11:29 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Here was my list:

- Please do not install front license plate holder
- Remove model badge from trunklid
- Disable Daytime Running Lights (if enabled)
- Install red reflectors in rear bumper (63 14 6 915 039 and 64 14 6 915 040)
- Add Auxiliary Audio Input in glovebox (62 12 0 153 502)
- Add Auxiliary Power Adapter in glovebox (82 11 0 004 073)
- Add All Weather Rubber Floor Mats (82 55 0 302 997 and 82 55 0 305 179)
- Ensure SIRIUS is activated with its 1 year of free service
- Please have the shop print out the current CIP version installed on the vehicle

You can control all of the central locking and alarm settings (whether or not there is visual or audible confirmation, etc.) via iDrive, so they don't need to do anything with that.

As for iDrive, I'd just have them show you the basics, but ultimately you'll have to spend a half hour with it yourself just playing with it. It's easy to see every menu and doesn't take long to go through everything; the user manual will answer any specific questions about how things in iDrive work. Your dealer knows the main things to go over with you in general about the vehicle.

See also: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=2117
Old 12-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i Titanium Silver Metallic, xDrive, premium pkg, cold weather pkg, sat radio, rear split/heated seats, euro reflectors

Originally Posted by das' post='207514' date='Dec 5 2005, 03:29 PM
Here was my list:

- Remove model badge from trunklid (JUST CURIOUS) WHY DEBADGE THE HIGHEST END MODEL? I ALWAYS THOUGHT DEBADGING WAS FOR GUYS DRIVING 525 POSING AS 550'S
- Disable Daytime Running Lights (if enabled) WILL THIS GIVE ME THE ANGEL EYE EFFECT?
- Install red reflectors in rear bumper (63 14 6 915 039 and 64 14 6 915 040) GOT IT
- Add Auxiliary Audio Input in glovebox (62 12 0 153 502) [b][i] GOT IT
- Add Auxiliary Power Adapter in glovebox (82 11 0 004 073) HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE INCLUDED WITH AUX AUDIO IN
- Add All Weather Rubber Floor Mats (82 55 0 302 997 and 82 55 0 305 179) GOT IT
- Ensure SIRIUS is activated with its 1 year of free service WILL DO
- Please have the shop print out the current CIP version installed on the vehicle GOOD IDEA

You can control all of the central locking and alarm settings (whether or not there is visual or audible confirmation, etc.) via iDrive, so they don't need to do anything with that.

As for iDrive, I'd just have them show you the basics, but ultimately you'll have to spend a half hour with it yourself just playing with it. It's easy to see every menu and doesn't take long to go through everything; the user manual will answer any specific questions about how things in iDrive work. Your dealer knows the main things to go over with you in general about the vehicle.

btw, you're the man thank for all the help!

uny530xi
Old 12-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by das' post='207514' date='Dec 5 2005, 03:29 PM
Here was my list:

- Remove model badge from trunklid
- Disable Daytime Running Lights (if enabled)
- Install red reflectors in rear bumper (63 14 6 915 039 and 64 14 6 915 040)
- Add Auxiliary Audio Input in glovebox (62 12 0 153 502)
- Add Auxiliary Power Adapter in glovebox (82 11 0 004 073)
- Add All Weather Rubber Floor Mats (82 55 0 302 997 and 82 55 0 305 179)
- Ensure SIRIUS is activated with its 1 year of free service
- Please have the shop print out the current CIP version installed on the vehicle

am in the same boat. btw, do they charge for these items esp the audio input in glovebox assuming that can be used for an ipod...and the power adapter? mats are usually extra i think...last qs - sorry if it is a dumb one - what is CIP? thx for your help
Old 12-05-2005, 04:37 PM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

uny530xi:

1. I debadge mainly because I like the cleaner look on the trunklid. Also gives it a little "mystique", for whatever it's worth, as a lot of people (especially around here, as E60s are still quite rare) don't know what it is.

2. Disabling daytime running lamps will mean that, yes, only the angel eyes will be on when you turn on just the parking lamps.

3. The power outlet in the glovebox is a separate part that plugs into the flashlight charging socket, and it isn't included with the auxiliary input. But you can just order it and plug it in yourself.

Originally Posted by forwardslash' post='207581' date='Dec 5 2005, 05:45 PM
am in the same boat. btw, do they charge for these items esp the audio input in glovebox assuming that can be used for an ipod...and the power adapter? mats are usually extra i think...last qs - sorry if it is a dumb one - what is CIP? thx for your help
Yes, most of these items have additional cost associated with them, but they most expensive thing is the auxiliary audio input, which is about $200 installed. And you're right, most people here get it to use with something like an iPod. I also got the cigarette lighter adapter for the glovebox as well, so everything, including a cable to charge the iPod, can just be tossed inside the glovebox.

CIP is "Coding Individualization Programming", but basically it's just the software version installed on the vehicle, which affects features in iDrive as well. As time goes forward, it's sometimes helpful to know the software version on your car, as you'll here others here talking about various features with different versions. The only way you can find out the version on a car with navigation is to have the dealer tell you; on cars without navigation there is a hidden menu that lets you find it out.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

asked my deazler about red rear reflectors and they never heard of them. So my list changed to "I'll figure it out at home with the help of this site."
Old 12-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by das' post='207635
Yes, most of these items have additional cost associated with them, but they most expensive thing is the auxiliary audio input, which is about $200 installed. And you're right, most people here get it to use with something like an iPod. I also got the cigarette lighter adapter for the glovebox as well, so everything, including a cable to charge the iPod, can just be tossed inside the glovebox.

CIP is "Coding Individualization Programming", but basically it's just the software version installed on the vehicle, which affects features in iDrive as well. As time goes forward, it's sometimes helpful to know the software version on your car, as you'll here others here talking about various features with different versions. The only way you can find out the version on a car with navigation is to have the dealer tell you; on cars without navigation there is a hidden menu that lets you find it out.
[/quote]

Thanks. Quite helpful. Appreciate it.