Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Owner's Circle Order Tracking Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After getting my production number last week I signed up with Owner's Circle and have a couple of questions from those of you in the US who have used it to track your order.

1. Will Owner's Circle ever show the standard three digit codes that BMW uses to indicate the order status (e.g. 111, 112, 150, 155).....or will there just be the few catagories like "on order", "scheduled for production", etc.?

2. There is a section for "Factory Ordered Options", however, that section is blank........none of my options are shown. Would the options ever show up there?

3. Under "Exterior Description" it shows the name of the color (Titanium Gray Metallic),.....but under "Interior Description" instead of Auburn it says "Red Orange Leather". I guess that is sort of a "description" for Auburn, but why would they write that instead of simply writing "Auburn Leather". It's almost as if they showed the person doing their website a sample of the leather without giving him the real name, so he just made up the name "Red Orange Leather" because that's what it looks like....sort of

If any of you have any answers to my questions based on your experiences with O.C. I would appreciate you sharing them with me (and others).

Thanks In Advance,
Old 08-10-2004, 04:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

rodybmw, in my experience w/ OC, 1) they never used the three digit code to indicate which stage of production your car was in. I took delivery of my car in late Feb 04 so unless they've upgraded the OC web site, no codes. I think you can get the codes from your sales assistant who looks it up on their computer, which is more up to date the the OC web site. 2) again my personal experience, but the option section did show detail liek my Logic 7 and rear sunshade, but not for a while, not until it got closer to being "In Production" as I recall. 3) Can't help you the Orange leather question, I got the Gray Dakota and it did say Gray.

As I'm sure you've seen from the posts, there tends to be a lag in the OC web site. I was fortunate in that I could track mine on the WW shipping website, so even when it was 2 days from the VPC in South Carolina, the OC still showed as awaiting transport. Again, for the most up to date info, call your dealer.

Be patient! It is well worth the wait! And of course we expect some pictures from Munich.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:12 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by rodybmw' date='Aug 10 2004, 01:56 AM
There is a section for "Factory Ordered Options", however, that section is blank........none of my options are shown. Would the options ever show up there?

under "Interior Description" instead of Auburn it says "Red Orange Leather".
Sounds like your SA has not done his job properly. I had some of the same problems. I called the SA and pointed out the discrepancies and he had it fixed properly. Same for the interior color. Looks like SA did not know the spec so used his personal description.

In defense of SA, he may have been in a hurry to get your order in line and put the first thing that came to mind in the order with plans to fix eventually. Don't wait for him. Call it to his attention pronto.

You will be assigned a VIN number in the Owner's Circle if you have used the 3-digit code to set up your order. The VIN number means you are "in process."

Good luck and have fun waiting. Many of us have been through it. Ask questions and the forum usually can help.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:51 AM
Senior Members

Mine did show up with all the options listed, I think it showed up right away. The status is way behind. The only thing it was really usesful for was getting the VIN to track it on the ship. Don't forget to order your free Hire DVD, it has some extras that are worth seeing even if you already saw the movies on the internet.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

It seems so long ago (March 2004) but my data was accurate after two days from ordering it at the dealer. There is a delay (3-4 days)on the website but there was a phone number posted here that you could call for a real time update. I was even able to follow it from Germany to NJ on the shipping transport company's website.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Contributors

As I remember, OC only tell "en route, etc" not with the last 3 digit number you've mentioned before.
Mine did show the detail option I've ordered, include the right leather's color I've chosen.

I guess what you can do is report the mistake to you sales representative. Because I think its their job to fill that correctly. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:59 PM
Senior Members

I ordered Auburn leather and it too said red-orange leather, but it came out just fine. My list for factory ordered options had them listed and I had to scroll down to see them all. You should have your CA double check with BMW to assure that the options are in their system.

And yes, no codes, just general descriptions. But the CA can call (or you may be even able to call too) to speak with an order department to hear the status and possibly hear the codes. The web site is woefully slow and behind with data (it currently says that my car is in VPC, but I picked it up from the dealer last Saturday!!!!!). The phone line is more up-to-date.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Aug 10 2004, 09:12 AM
[quote name='rodybmw' date='Aug 10 2004, 01:56 AM'] There is a section for "Factory Ordered Options", however, that section is blank........none of my options are shown.? Would the options ever show up there?

under "Interior Description" instead of Auburn it says "Red Orange Leather".
Sounds like your SA has not done his job properly. I had some of the same problems. I called the SA and pointed out the discrepancies and he had it fixed properly. Same for the interior color. Looks like SA did not know the spec so used his personal description.

In defense of SA, he may have been in a hurry to get your order in line and put the first thing that came to mind in the order with plans to fix eventually. Don't wait for him. Call it to his attention pronto.

You will be assigned a VIN number in the Owner's Circle if you have used the 3-digit code to set up your order. The VIN number means you are "in process."

Good luck and have fun waiting. Many of us have been through it. Ask questions and the forum usually can help.[/quote]
Actually since this is a Euro Delivery car the dealership had to fax the order to the Euro Delivery department and they are the ones that entered the order into BMW's computer system (DCS?). I know he had the name and code of the interior color correct (Auburn LCRK, not Red-Orange) because I saw the order sheet before he faxed it. After the ED department entered the order and assigned a production number (which took less than 48 hours from the faxed order) the order details appeared on the system and were accessibly by the dealer. My SA printed out the order details from BMW's system and everything is as it should be. However, the Owner's Circle is still missing all the options. I am not worried (since I have the real order sheet from the DCS), but just curious about why O.C. shows options for some people's cars and not for others, and why they would make up names (or descriptions) for the interior color instead of simply using the real name that BMW came up with in the first place.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:25 AM
JDN
Contributors

All good points. Could lead to a good discussion with BMWNA, but you might not get any satisfactoryanswers from them either.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:11 AM
Members

My options are not showing up in the order status either. However, I was at the dealer yesterday to change some options and the dealer provided me a copy from the BMW system. It indicated the order was accepted so I'm not too worried (although I'd feel better if the options showed up on the Owner's Circle).

Status 112 - scheduled for production!