Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Owners Circle Order Tracking Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 550-6spd

I am tracking an order placed around 12-12 on Owner's Circle and OC has shown the car as Scheduled for Production for the past two weeks but has not given a date. In reading other posts about OCOT, I am led to believe that OCOT will show a production date.

What info should I expect to see on OCOT?
Old 01-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Not much
It runs up to a week behind
They do not update often
And just what you see
in production, awaiting transport, en route, etc

For up to date info call the dealer - they actually have the production codes and are only a day behind
Old 01-04-2006, 06:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

And it can run even more than a week behind. The OC still said Awaiting Transport the day my car arrived at the dealership. dgjk is right, pester your salesperson. They can get you the most up to date info. There is also a toll free number to BMWNA that can get you info that is ususally better than OC, but your dealer/salesperson is the best bet.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Hi kscarrol and Biff Trout,

Seems that life is going on in New Orleans!

How are you guys doing down there?
Old 01-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Originally Posted by Biff Trout' post='218885' date='Jan 3 2006, 10:03 PM
I am tracking an order placed around 12-12 on Owner's Circle and OC has shown the car as Scheduled for Production for the past two weeks but has not given a date. In reading other posts about OCOT, I am led to believe that OCOT will show a production date.

For my European Delivery, the tracking in OC was totally useless. It was never right, not even close, and more than a year later it still shows my car is in the Vehicle Delivery Center!
Old 01-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

For my European Delivery, the tracking in OC was totally useless. It was never right, not even close, and more than a year later it still shows my car is in the Vehicle Delivery Center!
[/quote]

Same here,I took redelivery last Feb. and OC still shows it at the VPC.
Talk to your salesman he gets updated information on your car regulary.Good luck.
cheers
vern
Old 01-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='219201' date='Jan 4 2006, 03:46 PM
Hi kscarrol and Biff Trout,

Seems that life is going on in New Orleans!

How are you guys doing down there?
There are some parts of the city that are approaching some sense of normallcy, but the the flooded areas, around 80% of the city, are essentially wastelands. Population is maybe 20% of what it was before the storm. Can be very depressing, but seems like the rest of the world has moved on. Was a great story for a couple of weeks, but I guess it doesn't get the ratings anymore, so the press has essentially quit covering the story. We did not earn the nickname "the city that care forgot" for nothing. Guess we will pull ourselves up by our own boot straps, despite the hollow promises from Bush and the Congress to provide the levee protection that the Army Corps of Engineers clearly was not providing before. I can promise you that if 400,000 people were homeless from some disaster in NY or Boston, the coverage and response from Washington D.C. would be quite different. I asssume the reponse that we see of "well, you should not have built a city below sea level" will apply to L.A. or San Francisco when the big earthquake hits. Some how I don't think so! Sorry for the venting, but thanks for asking!

Sorry Biff_Trout, didn't even notice you were from New Orleans! Never saw a production date on the OC when I was tracking my car. But that was two years ago, maybe they've upgraded the capabilities of the website.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 550-6spd

kscarroll,

Did not notice you were from NOLA either.

Agree that life in NOLA can be downer at times but I have seen signifcant signs of "bootstrapping up" in the past several weeks.

Was speaking with a client today about how on 8-30, we seemed to be standing on the edge of an abyss where both the bottom and the other side were too distant to see. Lots of progress has been made since then and recovery is beginning to take hold with the abyss shrinking to a hole with visible boundaries.

My heart goes out to everyone rich, middle of the road, and poor who have suffered the worst. It is difficult to imagine what they are going through.

Finally, with regard to the US Army Corps of Engineers (inappropriately acronym'd USACE), it must be nice to never be wrong. -- DELETED -- This paragraph originally went on for 10 more lines, but most of my anti-USACE rant would be appreciated only by those of us who live here and have watched USACE attempt to deflect well-deserved outrage and criticism.

Thanks for the info. I will check with Peake.

BTW, if you know anyone who wants an 03 540i-6spd with M-Sport and 27k miles, PM me.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Biff Trout' post='219330' date='Jan 4 2006, 08:48 PM
kscarroll,

This paragraph originally went on for 10 more lines, but most of my anti-USACE rant would be appreciated only by those of us who live here and have watched USACE attempt to deflect well-deserved outrage and criticism.

Very True!

Thanks for the info. I will check with Peake.

BTW, if you know anyone who wants an 03 540i-6spd with M-Sport and 27k miles, PM me.

I might. I'll check and PM if there is any interest...
And how about some more detail on your car? Color? As you can see mine is silver grey. Even though the body color inserts are a great improvement over the black ones I got in my car, consider the red reflectors for the rear bumper. They really improve the look in the lighter color paints. The darker colors look fine with the inserts.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:56 PM
HHP
Members

My Ride: 06 550 SMG |Comfort seats | sport, premium sound and cold weather packages | active steer | Navigation |comfort access | rear seat heat | rear seat fold down| sirius|

Originally Posted by Biff Trout' post='218885' date='Jan 3 2006, 08:03 PM

Hello
I would suggest other than dealer to call BMW directlky at 800-831-1117 provide them your prod number and they can give you really good updates up until the car boards the ship.

Quick Reply: Owners Circle Order Tracking Question