Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Options, and more options...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 11:39 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

Have been following this forum for a while now but this is my first post.

I'm planning to buy a 525d Touring Steptronic bu I'm still hesitant on which options to go for. The sures ones are PDC, leather and advanced AC (never mind the cosmetic ones like roof bars or mats) but I'm hesitating btw SATNAV and confort seats (never tried those but they seem confortable enough!). Anyhow, have about 2500 Eur to spend on extra option. Any suggestions?

Main use of the car, apart from looking good , is to get to work in town and occasionaly make holidays trips in Europe.

Great forum and a special ola to my portuguese friends Tuga and JMCaido (i'm portuguese myself...)
Old 07-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Contributors

PRO-NAV everytime......its really fantastic, I've the standard seats and I'm a big lad...1.93m and probably just as wide!....the seats are great.

by the way.....sorry you lost to the greeks.....with the olympics this year, I thought they were just being greedy having euro2004 as well!

DD
Old 07-16-2004, 12:27 AM
DrT
Members

PDC is a must - the touring is a big car ! But just ?2500 extra after leather. Would stear clear of comfort seats, or ventilated seats. Think carefully if you want to blow your budget on a NAv system (how much will you use it, do you know the way to work ? etc ) Get heated front seats as a minumum -it's cold in Belgium in winter. (I also have heated steering wheel). How about 17" run flats (test drive them first to make sure you're happy with the ride).

I'd think about BMW Hifi, Heated Seats, Sports Steering wheel and maybe one of the glazing options (if not Sat Nav). Think carefully whether you want a phone kit (if you do, remember Bluetooth is not all its cracked up to be and has fewer functions than BMW's standard phone, albeit cheaper). See Doctor Diesel's neat Blue Tooth alternative !
Old 07-16-2004, 01:38 AM
HIO
Members

I do think comfortseats are a must due to the fact that whiplash-protection is very important.
Old 07-16-2004, 02:21 AM
Members

Do confort seats come with electrical controls?

DrT: PDC is already in my list...My argument for SATNAV would be at reseling the car (more value in 5 years where GPS nav will be more generalized in all cars...) but it's true that I would be using it very little. Tried the 17'inch whells, don't remember any more the feeling of them but didn't had a bad time... However, the rims I like more are the 18'inch (pic attached). How's the ride on that?
Heated seats have them on my E46 and pratically never use them (car in garage overnight).
Bluethoot is sh***. Tried with my XDA II and never worked. Tried with the Siemens on the BMW list and took half an hour to get it working !!! Perhaps DrDiesel alternative...

Thanks anyway for your comments...
Attached Thumbnails Options, and more options...-proxy.jpeg  
Old 07-16-2004, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Dragonii' date='Jul 16 2004, 12:21 PM
Do confort seats come with electrical controls?
Yes, standard on comfort seats.

For me it's a must to have the AS, nav PRO, HUD and the comfort seats.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Hi Dragonii, welcome to the club.
(Foi uma pena termos perdido c os Gregos. Fica para a pr?xima )
Old 07-16-2004, 11:54 AM
Senior Members

I was just about to ask a similar question when I saw this post. I'm running low on funds after going for the 535d and opting for the M packet.

I'm at a point where it's Bus Nav or no Nav because I really can't go the extra for the Pro Nav. So is it worth to get the Bus Nav or should I skip and add something else instead? I too would be using it very little.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:05 PM

What about opting for the 530d with more extras? What's the price difference between the 2? I've tested the 525d Auto and frankly I would be quite happy with it. If not, just chip it !!

Driving now a 328i with 193 CV and even if it's a different kind of driving than a diesel, if I use 50% of the power everyday, it's already too much. Of course, once in a while, I just floor it and what a sensation. But if I had to buy it again, no way...
Pain in traffic jams (hard clutch)...
Old 07-16-2004, 12:06 PM
Members

Just me, forgot to login

Quick Reply: Options, and more options...