Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Which option(s) not to get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 05:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could probably live without Nav (in favor of a Magellan unit), and the rear fold-down rear seats.

On the other hand, I wish i had the rear shades for my two kids...plus, call me crazy, but for some reason I think they look sporty when in up position! Lastly, they protect your cars interior...
Old 01-18-2005, 06:12 AM
Members

My Ride: MY 2004 545i; April build; 6 speed; silver grey metalic; black leather; poplar; sport package; cold weather; active steering; xenons .

I wish I had ordered the fold down rear seats. In the first 7 months, there have been a few occassions when I wanted to carry something that was just a little too long. I was forced to drive my truck. I don't think the fold down rear seats can be retrofitted.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

The fold-down rear seats are standard equipment in Canada so he doesn't have a choice about that.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Grey Metallic SMG, Black Nasca Leather, Sport Package, Logic7, Comfort Ventilated Seats, Sat Radio, Split Folding Rear Seats

I second the thoughts to skip Nav, unless you are in a profession that takes you to new addresses in areas you don't know on a regular basis I see it as a $1800 toy, I don't know about you but I've spent enough on the car, which is essentially a toy already, I skipped the Nav.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ademitt' date='Jan 18 2005, 08:38 AM
[quote name='Canada545' date='Jan 17 2005, 09:54 PM'][quote name='ademitt' date='Jan 17 2005, 05:49 PM'][quote name='Canada545' date='Jan 17 2005, 04:59 PM']Looking at placing my order shortly (for a spring delivery) ...?

I was wondering which option(s) would you not order if you could do it all over again and why?? (not used much, too buggy, not worth the money, etc)
[snapback]80171[/snapback]
I would ditto on the rear shades. I have not had much use for them as yet.

Where in AB are you located?
[snapback]80190[/snapback]
[/quote]
Home of the oilers
[snapback]80246[/snapback]
[/quote]

Can't even start a hockey rivalry here as there doesn't appear to be any light at the end of the tunnel. It looks like it will be a long time before we see any Battles of Alberta.

Timing is good for you for your order with a spring delivery. It breaks my heart to drive my new car in the mess that we have in Calgary right now. Everything is melting and everyone has the same colour car (dirty brown).

Good luck with your decision. I assume you are going through Bavaria. What colour combo are you going with?
[snapback]80334[/snapback]
[/quote]
I just got back from Stockholm, lots for NHLers playing there for next to nothing ...
I've decided on the silver/gray with brown inside, I really like the brown and it hides the winter dirt pretty good ...
Old 01-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Canada545' date='Jan 18 2005, 02:49 PM
[quote name='ademitt' date='Jan 18 2005, 08:38 AM'][quote name='Canada545' date='Jan 17 2005, 09:54 PM'][quote name='ademitt' date='Jan 17 2005, 05:49 PM'][quote name='Canada545' date='Jan 17 2005, 04:59 PM']Looking at placing my order shortly (for a spring delivery) ...?

I was wondering which option(s) would you not order if you could do it all over again and why?? (not used much, too buggy, not worth the money, etc)
[snapback]80171[/snapback]
I would ditto on the rear shades. I have not had much use for them as yet.

Where in AB are you located?
[snapback]80190[/snapback]
[/quote]
Home of the oilers
[snapback]80246[/snapback]
[/quote]

Can't even start a hockey rivalry here as there doesn't appear to be any light at the end of the tunnel. It looks like it will be a long time before we see any Battles of Alberta.

Timing is good for you for your order with a spring delivery. It breaks my heart to drive my new car in the mess that we have in Calgary right now. Everything is melting and everyone has the same colour car (dirty brown).

Good luck with your decision. I assume you are going through Bavaria. What colour combo are you going with?
[snapback]80334[/snapback]
[/quote]
I just got back from Stockholm, lots for NHLers playing there for next to nothing ...
I've decided on the silver/gray with brown inside, I really like the brown and it hides the winter dirt pretty good ...
[snapback]80469[/snapback]
[/quote]
Also, plan to start my negotiations with Bavara, but if things don't go well, I might need to do a road trip to Calgary
Old 01-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Contributors

I wouldn't want to do without any of the options. The next one will be full options minus a towbar..
Even the Active Cruise Control has grown on me. I miss it every time I drive another car.
Definitely definitely the comfort seats, active steering and bluetooth.

But then again, my car is my office.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

Unless you plan to have a woman in the car all the time -- ask direction for you. NAV is a must. Magellan - cost almost $800, yeah it's portable and gets you there but for me the build in NAV is much better (bigger screen, easy to handle with I-drive, nicer female voice, better resolution). I thought touch screen was better and far supperior until I got to use it with the Magellan (scrappy).
Old 01-20-2005, 07:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Getting NAV was one of the best things I did. I used it extensively in Europe and often wondered if it would be of any use when I got back home. I have a good sense of direction and know my way around Los Angeles, but I use it often even when I know how to get to my destination. It offers great feedback on quick alternate routes, estimates arrival time and the best is not having to keep an eye out for your exit or next turn prematurely. You car counts down for you.

Things I didn't know and my dealer never told me. Waiting for NAV got me a bigger screen, voice commands over 95% of I-Drive functions, a post March TCU and CCC computer, which made BT possible.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:36 AM
Senior Members

You're on a BMW forum. They are going to have an upside for every option. Everyone here cant deal without a certian thing. What option dont you need. If you ask here youll end up with a fully loaded car, and options you dont ever use.

Quick Reply: Which option(s) not to get?