Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Once Again BMW Customer Service Dropped The Ball

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

[font=Arial] Okay, so two weeks ago I took my car to the dealer because my front calipers are rusted. No big deal but I don't think that a car that cost almost $70,000 and that has under 7,000 miles on it ought to have rusted calipers. They told me that there was nothing they could do but I was welcome to call Customer Service to see if they could help me. I called and spoke with an extremely helpful fellow who told me that he would check it out and get back to me in an hour. A week later I hadn't heard from him so I called back and spoke with someone else who also promised to get back to me quickly. Well that was over a week ago and I am still waiting. Is this really such a huge issue that it requires days and days to figure out?? I think not. This is, however, another example of how convinced I am that BMW really does not care one bit about me or my satisfaction. In the past there were three times when I had real problems after a service appointment. I told the friendly person who called and gave the dealer all 1s rather then 5s and guess what happened?? Nothing. I got a phone call a while later from someone expressing concern and I never heard back from them again. I find it really annoying that they persist in calling me if, when there is a problem, they do nothing. As a result I no longer answer the surveys. It is really clear to me that, while we love our cars, the company who makes them loves our money a hell of a lot more then they love us.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ' post='334849' date='Sep 15 2006, 01:09 PM
[font=Arial] Okay, so two weeks ago I took my car to the dealer because my front calipers are rusted. No big deal but I don't think that a car that cost almost $70,000 and that has under 7,000 miles on it ought to have rusted calipers. They told me that there was nothing they could do but I was welcome to call Customer Service to see if they could help me. I called and spoke with an extremely helpful fellow who told me that he would check it out and get back to me in an hour. A week later I hadn't heard from him so I called back and spoke with someone else who also promised to get back to me quickly. Well that was over a week ago and I am still waiting. Is this really such a huge issue that it requires days and days to figure out?? I think not. This is, however, another example of how convinced I am that BMW really does not care one bit about me or my satisfaction. In the past there were three times when I had real problems after a service appointment. I told the friendly person who called and gave the dealer all 1s rather then 5s and guess what happened?? Nothing. I got a phone call a while later from someone expressing concern and I never heard back from them again. I find it really annoying that they persist in calling me if, when there is a problem, they do nothing. As a result I no longer answer the surveys. It is really clear to me that, while we love our cars, the company who makes them loves our money a hell of a lot more then they love us.
Totally agree - I would never buy a new BMW out of principle again. If I had known how bad the service was going to be, I would have saved a lot of $$$ and bought a lesser car.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 300TTto545' post='334876' date='Sep 15 2006, 01:12 PM
Totally agree - I would never buy a new BMW out of principle again. If I had known how bad the service was going to be, I would have saved a lot of $$$ and bought a lesser car.
actually......I agree too. I took delivery of a brand new car with a scratched bumper and tail light. It's been 4 days since I dropped off the vehicle and the service advisor has not called me ONCE. The first SA I talked to tried to fix the problem with some globbed touch up paint. I thought I would have better luck witht he second one but he has not been very courteous at all. I'm not going to judge BMW on ONE experience because that would be unfair but......Mercedes has always treated me right.

edit: so I picked up my car and the bumper's texture does not match the rest of the car. There is A LOT more orange peel on the repainted bumper than the rest of the car, even though the paint color matches. The dealer stated that he will polish it, but I know that will not change the texture of the bumper. I'm disappointed. I paid for a brand new perfect car, and I got a car with a scratch on it and now a car with an unmatched bumper. :thumbsdown:
Old 09-16-2006, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Originally Posted by Henry47' post='334883' date='Sep 15 2006, 04:47 PM
actually......I agree too. I took delivery of a brand new car with a scratched bumper and tail light. It's been 4 days since I dropped off the vehicle and the service advisor has not called me ONCE. The first SA I talked to tried to fix the problem with some globbed touch up paint. I thought I would have better luck witht he second one but he has not been very courteous at all. I'm not going to judge BMW on ONE experience because that would be unfair but......Mercedes has always treated me right.

edit: so I picked up my car and the bumper's texture does not match the rest of the car. There is A LOT more orange peel on the repainted bumper than the rest of the car, even though the paint color matches. The dealer stated that he will polish it, but I know that will not change the texture of the bumper. I'm disappointed. I paid for a brand new perfect car, and I got a car with a scratch on it and now a car with an unmatched bumper. :thumbsdown:
I certainly would elevate my displeasure directly to the pres./owner of the dealership.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ' post='334849' date='Sep 15 2006, 03:09 PM

I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I'm so sorry you are unhappy with our service, and we'd like the opportunity to review your problem. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BMW NA Customer Relations' post='336184' date='Sep 19 2006, 08:37 AM
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I'm so sorry you are unhappy with our service, and we'd like the opportunity to review your problem. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
will I be contacted also about my experience?
Old 10-14-2006, 02:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Henry47' post='336893' date='Sep 21 2006, 03:02 PM
will I be contacted also about my experience?

So did the guy contact you like he said he would??
Old 10-14-2006, 05:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

This is why I don`t renew my warranty with BMW, and take it outside to get things fix itis cheeper and better too.
most of the BMW dealers just take your money and forget about you.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Silver Gray/Gray Dakota Leather | Steptronic | Cold Weather | Xenon | Premium Package Modifications: M Aero Kit | Carbon Fiber Kidney Grill | K&N Air Filter | Charcoal Filter Removed | Radenergie R10 Silver 20" soon | kW coilover V3 | SprintBooster soon | M5 trunk finisher Next planned mods: ?Hamann quad exhaust + Hamann quad rear diffuser + Hamann Front Lip?

Likewise, when I was buying my BMW last year June, I was pretty disappointed with the fact that they were not really friendly (both Seattle and Bellevue dealers) compared to Mercedes. When I told the representative that I wanted to test drive a 6 series, he was reluctant (I didn't get to drive it afterall). O well, but I fell in love with the e60. Otherwise, I'd have got a CLS instead.
I just don't know what's wrong with the BMW dealers here around me.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i '01 IS300

I'm glad I am not the only one that is severly disappointed by BMW/BMWNA/Dealer/Service. Whatever my problem was, I had to drive the issue and show cause or explanation. I have never felt "they took care of me" like I did when I had my Lexus. If it wasn't for BMW's awesome engineering and performance, I would write off BMW 100% and NEVER buy one again! (I'm at 95%).

The unfortunatly thing for BMW is all my friends and co-workers know about the problems I've had because I would show up with rentals. Instead of asking how I am doing, they would ask how my car was doing. You think they are going to consider a BMW when it comes time for them to buy a car?

BTW the Dealer I used is Weatherford BMW, which I have other strangers complain about them too. The Service Dealer I use is BMW Houston North. They never return phone calls and continue to ignore my transmission slam problem. I still praise Westside Lexus!

Quick Reply: Once Again BMW Customer Service Dropped The Ball