Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Ok now what should I do ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Originally Posted by strobeguy' post='283802' date='May 17 2006, 04:03 PM
Ok so now my car has been at the dealer for over a week and according to them they have replaced the complete I-Drive unit 3 times and all 3 units are bad. I am a bit nervous with this dealer as the service writer had not ever driven an SMG car before. I had to move it for him when I dropped it off. According to them they replaced every component in the dash 3 times. I interpert this as "we keep tearing this thing apart over and over again" Is there someone I can call?
Tell them to keep trying. However, I find it hard to believe that 3 separate units won't work. Along about the second one, I think I would have started looking upstream. You can bet that they have a PUMA going on this, so a call to BMWNA will only express your frustration, which will be relayed to the dealer, and probably irk him even further.

Just be patient

Ray Hull
Old 05-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Something must be wrong here 'strobeguy',

It wouldn't be the first engine changed - see Search.

Get a second opinion and then contact BMWNA.

But do not buy a Rambler
Old 05-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Members

Once again the parts failed. I spoke to the dealership owner who must have thought I was someone else because when I first called he was a jerk. He then made a comment about thinking I was someone else then because nice. He called me back as did the service writer but to no surprise the car is still in the shop. Monday will be 2 weeks and I am at a loss as to what to do. I think I am going to set a deadline and take it somewhere else.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:59 PM
Members

Ok so once again the dealership calls and says "BMW keeps sending up bad parts". Well with this being the 4th time they replaced the computer I called BMW NA. They told me they would call the dealership and get back to me later this afternoon. Its 7PM and still no call. I am really disappointed with the service and expect more when spending 50K on a car. I highly doubt that BMW keeps sending out "bad parts". I think my only other option is to take the car back and bring it somewhere else. Any thoughts??
Old 05-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by strobeguy' post='286265' date='May 22 2006, 05:59 PM
Ok so once again the dealership calls and says "BMW keeps sending up bad parts". Well with this being the 4th time they replaced the computer I called BMW NA. They told me they would call the dealership and get back to me later this afternoon. Its 7PM and still no call. I am really disappointed with the service and expect more when spending 50K on a car. I highly doubt that BMW keeps sending out "bad parts". I think my only other option is to take the car back and bring it somewhere else. Any thoughts??
First of all I would drive behind your dealership and retrieve 3 perfectly good "I drive" units from their trash.

Then I would relax and see what BMW NA does for you. I hope you are driving a BMW E60 loaner. If not when you talk to BMW NA talk to them about that.

Ask BMW NA whether you should take it to another dealer and who they would recommend.

Express your frustration with BMW NA but dont go overboard yet. The dealership, although inept is trying to help. Go up the ladder with BMW NA if this persists and let them know you really want to drive the car you paid dearly for. BWM engineering should be better than what you are experiencing.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:32 AM
Members

I hope they call today. I don't care about a loaner or the fact that the dealer told me to ask for a car payment from them. The car is paid for and all I really want is the vehicle back and not a vehicle that has been taken apart 5 times because they do not know what they are doing. I am going to give them another day to get back to me and see what happens. If I do not get some resolution today I am going to request to take the car somewhere else. I don't think at this point I have any other choice.