Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Now Canadians can lease US cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Thumbs down

UCANIMPORT ANNOUNCEMENT
--------------------------
Issued June 3, 2008
UCanImport Publications
www.UCanImport.com
www.ucanimport.blogspot.com

LEASING NOW AVAILABLE FOR VEHICLES IMPORTED FROM USA

UCanImport Provides Canadian Importers with New Alternative
for Vehicle Acquisition...

Victoria, BC. - Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - UCanImport Publications ("UCanImport"), Canada's leading educational company servicing Canadian vehicle importers, is pleased to announce a new partnership negotiated with one of Canada's largest fleet leasing corporations. Starting immediately, leasing is available as a vehicle acquisition option for Canadians importing new or pre-owned passenger cars and trucks from the USA into all provinces (except Quebec).

"We are very excited about this new program, as leasing makes great financial sense for many people when they acquire a vehicle," states Zabin Somani, General Manager of UCanImport. "For example, when you buy a vehicle, you pay for the entire cost of the vehicle regardless of how much you use it. However when you lease you only pay for a portion of the vehicle's cost, which is the amount you use during the term of the lease, as well as an interest amount charged by the leasing agent. Leasing can provide significant cash flow savings, which can then be better invested in appreciating assets, while still enabling the lessee to drive the vehicle of his or her choice."

With the introduction of UCanImport's new leasing program, Canadian importers can now explore the wider choice of new and used vehicles in the USA, as well as preferential pricing, knowing that leasing is now available as a vehicle acquisition option. "The savings achieved through importation could cover a significant portion, if not all of the leasing costs," continues Mrs. Somani. "In addition, when one factors in the lower acquisition cost of the vehicle in the USA, Canadian importers can also expect lower monthly lease payments."

Until now, vehicle leasing was not widely available for Canadian importers. Finance companies in the USA cannot offer leases to Canadians, primarily due to jurisdictional regulations, and Canadian finance companies typically won't offer a leasing option because of the complexity of the logistics necessary to ensure each vehicle is imported correctly and efficiently.

"This agreement leverages UCanImport's unique expertise. As a professional importation management company, we act as the intermediary between the Canadian importer, the vehicle seller and the leasing agent to ensure that each importation goes smoothly and as cost effectively as possible. We make the entire process easy for the importer while reducing the risks of importation for the leasing agent."

For more information, visit www.UCanImport.com/Vehicle_Leasing.aspx
--------------------

I hope I can lease a new BMW in the states since here is very expensive!. I just started to ask the autodealers how it works.....
Old 06-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

sounds to good to be true.. whats the catch?
if its possible i could be paying half of what i am now + wouldn't have had to put 6 g's down.
dosn't matter much for me now since im already locked into my lease, but it sounds strange..
Old 06-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, Carbon Black, Black Dakota, Black Diamond Trim, 6sp Sport Automatic with Paddles, M-Sport Package, Premium Package

Count me in on the veeerrry skeptical side of this opportunity.