Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Newbie just ordered..

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 07:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Thanks for all of the advice and thought provocing info you guys spurt out. Its helped me to get to the point where i have ordered my new BM. Have moved upto a 5 from a 330 sport and wanted to keep it sporty. At 41 i'm not pipe and slippers yet!!

So Ive Ordered a siver Grey with 172 19"ers Dakota Black leather , through loading (lesson learned from not having it on the 330) Ive gone for heated seats(her indoors was not happy when I got HK sounds instead last time) and Sun Protection glass with Hi gloss shadow line.

On the sounds side of things Ive gone for the Pro Radio as its my understanding that I'll get MP3 track info on the display, backed this with Logic 7.

Lex have thrown in the ?750 servicing pack so all I need to do is cover tyers, I'm going to get some 20" summer wheels to cover this and keep the 19s for winter, by rotating them I hope to get good coverage, at 10K miles a year I should be good for 3-4 years. Also going to add silver Hella rear light lenses, Hamman rear spoiler and chrome front grill.

Anyway thats my hyman now broken..... thanks
Old 06-08-2005, 07:55 AM
IMU
Contributors

Originally Posted by mixterk' date='Jun 8 2005, 04:38 PM
Thanks for all of the advice and thought provocing info you guys spurt out.? Its helped me to get to the point where i have ordered my new BM.? Have moved upto a 5 from a 330 sport and wanted to keep it sporty.? At 41 i'm not pipe and slippers yet!!?

So Ive Ordered a siver Grey with 172 19"ers Dakota Black leather , through loading (lesson learned from not having it on the 330) Ive gone for heated seats(her indoors was not happy when I got HK sounds instead last time) and Sun Protection glass with Hi gloss shadow line.?

On the sounds side of things Ive gone for the Pro Radio as its my understanding that I'll get MP3 track info on the display, backed this with Logic 7.

Lex have thrown in the ?750 servicing pack so all I need to do is cover tyers, I'm going to get some 20" summer wheels to cover this and keep the 19s for winter, by rotating them I hope to get good coverage, at 10K miles a year I should be good for 3-4 years.? Also going to add silver Hella rear light lenses, Hamman rear spoiler and chrome front grill.

[snapback]137571[/snapback]

Great move - you won't be dissapointed!!

I moved from a 330 cab, bought in June 2004, to my 535 in March this year. Was the best decision i've made in my whole life

How long have BMW told you to keep biting those nails?
Old 06-08-2005, 07:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by mixterk' date='Jun 8 2005, 09:38 AM
[snapback]137571[/snapback]

Sounds like a great setup.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Dealer tells me to reamin calm until September 1st...yeah right. Forgot to mention that Ive binned the alluminium cube for Anthracite Maple High gloss, thought the silver was too in your face. Do you think that was wise?

So I guess I'll be a good lad and read forums and mags and pester my local alloy wheel man for a good deal on the Fox RS3's I like, they look like Brayton Spirit Racing 20" 8.5J front 10J back with a deep dish in stainless.

This forum will help me vent and enthuse the time away.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by mixterk' date='Jun 8 2005, 11:25 AM
Dealer tells me to reamin calm until September 1st...yeah right.? Forgot to mention that Ive binned the alluminium cube for Anthracite Maple High gloss, thought the silver was too in your face.? Do you think that was wise?

So I guess I'll be a good lad and read forums and mags and pester my local alloy wheel man for a good deal on the Fox RS3's I like, they look like Brayton Spirit Racing 20" 8.5J front 10J back with a deep dish in stainless.

This forum will help me vent and enthuse the time away.
[snapback]137594[/snapback]
Welcome mixterk,

A great choice on car there - I have the same. I don't blame you for leaving the alu cube trim - my eyes are just starting to focus again after my testdrive in one with it.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Members

My Ride: Due in May 2005 - 535d sport, Silver Grey, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood, Xenons, Adaptive Headlights, High Gloss Shadow Line, 6 CD Changer, M Rear Spoiler

welcome aboard mixterk!

IMO a good choice on the alu cube. I found it too in your face as well and went for the high gloss maple wood, and very pleased I did.

The only downside is the number of times the sun reflects off the trim around the I-drive knob/gear selector. I seem to notice it out of the corner of my eye, instinctively look down and then have to blink hard for a few seconds.

Still living in the UK, too much sun isn't really a problem!!