Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Newbie...Can someone explain ED for me.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 05:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I juse need some clarifications as to how does ED work exactly. I am a young professional and want to get a 550i, but have always wanted to ED if I ever bought a BMW. I am not sure exactly how ED works. I understand I have to book my flight and hotel, but what about shipping the car and any other costs?

Any details on ED would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-05-2007, 05:55 AM
Senior Members

I have not done ED but a good ED dealer should have all the details. My understanding is that everything else should be taken care of - you can even have your car delivered to your local dealer if you use an out-of-town dealer.

If you put your location, someone may be able to suggest a good dealer, or do a search.

Also, I think the standard deal is $1000 above ED invoice.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NC23' post='410468' date='Apr 5 2007, 08:47 AM
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I juse need some clarifications as to how does ED work exactly. I am a young professional and want to get a 550i, but have always wanted to ED if I ever bought a BMW. I am not sure exactly how ED works. I understand I have to book my flight and hotel, but what about shipping the car and any other costs?

OK, you're probably not asking how Erectile Disfunction works
Old 04-05-2007, 06:46 AM
DRG
Members

Even if he was asking about Erectile Disfunction, I dont't think that will be a problem anymore, considering he's about to get a 550i... Nothing else will matter after purchase... Seriously, as I've seen before, there are people on the forum that have taken European Delivery, so your answer should be on the way. Good luck wiht the new ride.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:59 AM
Contributors

Hey NC23,

As said earlier...everything regarding the car can be taken care of through your dealer. You negotiate your car price and where and when you want to pick it up. You also have to arrange where in Europe you are going to drop it off. You can also get the list of drop-off points from the dealer. The only hitch you may run into is the delivery date may be postponed so you may have to change your flight arrangements and other hotel arrangements as you get closer to your delivery date. (So it's not always EXACT.) All the shipping costs are taken care of when you make your deal at the dealer. Once you're in Europe you can use Nav to get you around. Just don't miss your drop off to ship back to the U.S. If you're unsure where to go, BMW has some recommended tours that you can take with tourist sites and hotels...but usually more expensive than if you took care of your own arrangements...AAA or a travel agency would do better. I always recommend to keep your triangle reflector before you drop the car off 'cause it will be removed from your trunk before you pick it up at your dealer. Good luck!
Old 04-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530Xi - Navigation, Premium package, Steptronic.

Originally Posted by NC23' post='410468' date='Apr 5 2007, 09:47 AM
Hi everyone,

You might want to go to www.bimmerfest.com and take a look at the ED forum there. There is more information than you can possibly imagine...details, hotels, dropoff, etc. Also BMWUSA has a piece on ED in its website. Something you may not know is that you can combine ED with a Performance Center Delivery now.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Senior Members

It's quite simple:

You order a car from a US dealer in the regular way. The only difference is that you start with a MSRP that is 7% LESS than the regular MSRP!! You can negotiate down from there as you normally would.

Once you have agreed on the order, you then agree with the dealer on a pick-up date in Munich (usually a minimum of 6-8 weeks from order date), a drop-off date in Europe and a drop-off location (most major cities in western Europe).

You must pay for the car (including any trade-in) 30 days before the scheduled pick-up date.

You take care of your own transportation to and from Europe (although Lufthansa has a special 2-for1 deal for EDs).

Upon arrival at the delivery center in Munich, you produce your passport and BMW produces your car. Registration and insurance good for 14 days is included in the price. If you want to stay in Europe longer than 14 days, you can pay for extended registration and insurance (but it needs to be arranged in the US before you leave for Europe).

You then drive your car (most of us forgot about the break-in period!) and drop it off as agreed. BMW then ships the car to the US (again, included in the price) and you take "re-delivery" at your BMW dealership in exactly the same way as you would take "normal" delivery of a new car. It usually takes about 4-5 weeks to get the car from Europe to the eastern US, and 6-8 weeks to the western US.

Pretty simple really.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Here's some links that should help you out:

E60.net member's personal experiences:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=2096
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=4687

E60.net FAQ:
Old 04-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='410524' date='Apr 5 2007, 12:47 PM
Here's some links that should help you out:

E60.net member's personal experiences:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=4687

E60.net FAQ:

Thanks for all the info. I live in the northern New Jersey area. Can anyone reccomend any ED friendly dealers in the area. The dealerships I have been to are Morristown BMW, Prestige BMW, Park Ave BMW and Paul Miller BMW in Wayne.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NC23' post='410580' date='Apr 5 2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks for all the info. I live in the northern New Jersey area. Can anyone reccomend any ED friendly dealers in the area. The dealerships I have been to are Morristown BMW, Prestige BMW, Park Ave BMW and Paul Miller BMW in Wayne.
DiFeo BMW in Tenafly and Wide World of Cars do ED. If you go to DiFeo ask for Jeff Lee.

Quick Reply: Newbie...Can someone explain ED for me.