Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

New to this site just ordered my first BMW!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 06:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i Silver Grey, Beige Interior, Comfort Access, Comfort Seats, PDC, Premium Package, Nav, Sirius Sat, Power Sunshades, Cold Weather Package, Steptronic Auto Trans.
Unhappy

Well after years of wanting to get one, I just orderd the following car:

2007 530i
Beige Dakota Leather
Silver Grey Exterior
Comfort Access
Navi
PDC
Cold Weather
Premium
Logic 7
Sat Radio
Auto (steptronic)
Power Rear shades

Yea I know I decided to load it up! I only leased it for two years as I wanted to see if i like the BMW over the Japanese cars I have been driving in the past.

Two questions

1. Based on what I read on this site about the standard seats, maybe I should be adding the comfort seat option. I'm in sales and drive around a lot. What do you think? I was thinking to keep the price down maybe I should dump the Comfort access option in exchange for the comfort seats. I love gadgets and thought the comfort access was a nice idea. Doesn't seem to make sense to have a push button start when you have to insert a key. But $1,000 MSRP??? Or should I just keep both options. I'm getting the .0016 factor on the lease and I'm trading my 2002 Acura TL in against the lease so the payments are very palatable. But I will be cursing any option that seems worthless in the long run. Let me know what you current owners of these options think I should do.

2. I know I'm in the minority here but I like the Beige interior. I like the color black but it was too much. The beige seemed brighter and made the cabin look roomier. Plus I hate getting in a hot black car. I also wanted a light color exterior and I already have a white car so I decided to go with the Silver Grey with the Beige interior. The salesman thought I was crazy to get this combo. Funny thing though, it's the color combo all throughout the brochure. We asked another salesman and he said the he had seen that color combo and it looked good. I mean they had black and Monaco blue cars with the beige so why wouldn't the Silver Grey look bad? Does anyone have this combo? How does it look?
Old 08-24-2006, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Congrats and welcome.

If you enjoy driving, you're going to love the switch to BMW from the Acura.

As far as the seats go, you might want to see if you can sit in a 7-series (or 5-series with comfort seats) to decide what works for you. For some people, it's a pretty big issue and since you spend a lot of time in the car, you may find it's worth it to get the comforts...
Old 08-24-2006, 07:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Welcome to the best Forum!

I wud def. leave comfort access out, and put in the comfort seats w active function and active headrest.

Then why not try the best color auburn, but if you like beige go for it, who cares what they say if you like it? Just plz - I guess you are in the States- think of the sale of your car how much that combo will be an advantage of your car or lease. Whatever you decide post a lotta' pix.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Congrats and welcome.

Of what I read, go for the comfort seats.
The $ may seem high but you butt and back are worth it!

Beige is nice, but then the car should be dark in color.
I'm more for contrasts, light - dark or viceversa.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:18 AM
Contributors

I drive alot as well (12,000 miles on my 4 month old 530). You definately need the comfort seat option, either as a stand alone or it's included in the sport package.

Black is warmish in the sun.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue

Congrats and welcome.

I would definitely recommend the comfort seats. I don't have them but from what I've read and what I experience with my seats, I can imagine the comfort must be well worth the expense.

I have the beige interior but a dark exterior, I too am a fan of contrasts but it's whatever works for you.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Mispost.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:57 AM
Members

Comfort access can work inconsistently. I have it and dont' think it is worth it. I like and think you should get the comfort seats. Mine are ventilated too.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Dp1363' post='326249
2. I know I'm in the minority here but I like the Beige interior. I like the color black but it was too much. The beige seemed brighter and made the cabin look roomier. Plus I hate getting in a hot black car. I also wanted a light color exterior and I already have a white car so I decided to go with the Silver Grey with the Beige interior. The salesman thought I was crazy to get this combo. Funny thing though, it's the color combo all throughout the brochure. We asked another salesman and he said the he had seen that color combo and it looked good. I mean they had black and Monaco blue cars with the beige so why wouldn't the Silver Grey look bad? Does anyone have this combo? How does it look?
Interior color is up to you and what you think you'll like. I have black and went with the black head liner too. I was worried about the closed in look but I really like it, more than the black seats/Gray liner of my E39. Don't listen to the sales guy.

And welcome to the group. I'm sure you'll enjoy your frist BMW.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by cflm3' post='326274' date='Aug 24 2006, 11:57 AM
Comfort access can work inconsistently. I have it and dont' think it is worth it. I like and think you should get the comfort seats. Mine are ventilated too.

My Comfort Access works like a charm. I wouldn't want a car without it ever again. Just leave the fob in your pocket and open the door and push to start/stop. And the comfort seats are a must if you're going to be doing high miles, they are so comfy you won't want to get out of the car.

As for your color combos, it's such a personal decision. I basically went around looking at all the interiors and then exteriors seperately, then combined the Mystic Blue with Auburn. So if you love silver and beige I say go for it. Don't let the salesman talk you out of your choices because they tried the same thing with me, saying my combo may not work and GOD were they ever wrong! They even admitted they loved it when it came in. I couldn't be happier with all my choices and when you're ordering make sure you will be happy. Congrats on your future Bimmer.

Quick Reply: New to this site just ordered my first BMW!