Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

new purchase tomorrow- advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi all. great forums!!

looking tomorrow to switch from an X5 to 545 or even 530. a couple of questions, looking for many opinions.

Sport pkg or NOT?

Comfort seats or sport? are the sport seats on the e60 any different than they were on the e39?

Logic7? or is standard any good? I have premium sound now in the X5, and love it, much better than stock!

also, color wise, I can get a 2004 545 Silver Gray/Black. 2005 not gonna happen, leases are too expensive. I will probably add the newer wood pieces, and BT retro, when and if available.

hoping to hear from you all, soon!

andy
Old 10-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Contributors

I guess it depends on your priorities and your wallet. I loaded mine up, but can say that is seems that alot of people have been fine without the sports package. I have seen a lot of regrets on not getting the comfort seats and the L7 though.

Welcome.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CRRobert' date='Oct 7 2004, 08:40 PM
I guess it depends on your priorities and your wallet.? I loaded mine up, but can say that is seems that alot of people have been fine without the sports package.? I have seen a lot of regrets on not getting the comfort seats and the L7 though.

Welcome.
[snapback]42372[/snapback]

are the comfort seats THAT much better? does anyone like the sports seats? LOL!
Old 10-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Members

Well we have owned a couple of X5's a 4.4 and a 4.6is....the comfort seats on the E60 are a major improvement over the ones in the X5 for starters.

I would never buy a BMW with the sports package...that is why I drive a BMW. But it really is your choice AFTER you drive both...using a message board is difficult..you may have hemmoroids or a closet race car driver who knows...drive both and let your butt and heart tell you which to get.

The X5 and E60 have little in common....the E60 just destroys the X5 from a drivers perspective. My 4.6is had the Dinan S2 package and it still was not as fast as my 545.

Good luck, buy as many options as your wallet will allow...adding them later through aftermarket will never fill the void and be as good.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Members

Forgot your question about sound....

I was never pleased with DSP.....thought it was over-priced and limited things like iPod etc.

So far I have been more than satisfied with sat radio and the Logic7 system. Again bring a CD and listen to both on your test drive.

GL
Old 10-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ForceReconTrojan' date='Oct 7 2004, 08:59 PM
Forgot your question about sound....

I was never pleased with DSP.....thought it was over-priced and limited things like iPod etc.

So far I have been more than satisfied with sat radio and the Logic7 system. Again bring a CD and listen to both on your test drive.

GL
[snapback]42378[/snapback]

confused by your response. DSP - are you referring to the X5 premium sound? Bottom line - are you happy with the Logic 7?

also, per you X5 comparo - i know the 545 is faster, i am most interested in the seats, though, and the sports package. I have had spt pkg on 2 previous E39's, and 1 E39 without. I am being told that the ARS is a must have and that there is too much body roll without the sports package.

problem here is i have to get a 2004, and there aren't too many with comfort seats.. in fact, there are none at my dealer.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:50 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Oct 7 2004, 08:48 PM
are the comfort seats THAT much better? does anyone like the sports seats? LOL!
[snapback]42374[/snapback]
Welcome and yep.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Welcome.

The sport package is something you need to figure out based on your priorities and tastes. For me, the sport package is a no-brainer. That's why I buy BMW's in the first place. (I'm thinking that's what ForceReconTrojan meant in his post but I could be wrong -- he clearly is saying the opposite of what I'm saying -- it's either a typo or he's the type of person who does not care for the sportier feel.)

As far as the Logic 7, get it. You won't be sorry.

Sport seats are fine for me (as well as JDN). I had the comforts in an E39 and liked them but not enough to do it again this time around. Granted, the new comfort seats are much nicer than the one's I had so if I had to do it all over again and the numbers worked out, I'd seriously consider them.

Good luck!
Old 10-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Senior Members

Welcome Wassy. For my opinion on your questions just look at my sig!
Old 10-07-2004, 07:09 PM
Contributors

thanks Rudy, and others. I think JDN is saying the comfort seats are THAT much better, not the sports!

I know logic7 is great, I guess I am looking for comparo to stock. is stock horendous?

what about the run flats on the sports package?

if i don't get the sports package, I can get a sapphire black/tan with Navi, shades and logic 7.. does the car handle great w/o sports - anyone?

Quick Reply: new purchase tomorrow- advice needed