Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

NEW ON THIS FORUM AND WANTED ANYONES OPINION ON THIS CAR

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 04:25 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by inknu2' post='1035341' date='Oct 18 2009, 09:45 PM
The carfax is clean, and i agree not a fan of the spoiler, but i would paint it.....
also agreed on the wheels being listed, unless the dealer has no clue since it was a trade in...
im trying to bargain it to around 40, i know its high , but if i spent 35 which is what the car books at i will spend way more than 5 gs to do wheels, paint the roof, mtech kit. exaust and the spliter and stereo...
and thanks EUROFAN, didnt mean to yell.lol
yes, but when you get a 2008 550 it comes with the mtech. the roof isnt that much.

also the scrapes on the lower rear bumper could just be from rubbing in and out of driveways.. i even have some on mine and mines not lowered just with sport suspension and my driveway is steep. the console is scratched alot. but i dont think thats a make or break deal. my kids throw crap all over and im yelling at them constantly, but i do keep the car clean. i have over 25k on my car (08), so he definitly put A TON of milage on it. maybe its mostly highway miles? no way to really know honestly.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Black Sapphire 2004 5.30i

This car looks insanely similar to one i've seen on bimmerpost or this forum...i can't remember and am at work so a lot of pictures are restricted...

but if you can afford this ride....why not spring for one of the 2 M5's also on the website...

http://www.chicagomotorcars.com/web/1127/v...HICAGO-Illinois
Old 10-19-2009, 06:10 AM
Contributors

the OP is insisting on a white car
Old 10-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530i Premium and Cold Weather Package Orient Blue, Tan Interior

LEGIT!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i M sport

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='1035645' date='Oct 19 2009, 10:10 AM
the OP is insisting on a white car

I completely understand why he insists on white. I, too, wanted AW w tan interior and looked at a ton of 5 series. They were all beautifl, but when your heart is set on something, nothing will satisfy. I could not find one in phx, bc they would get snatched up as soon as they hit the CPO lot. I actually found mine while visiting family in Miami. There are 6 dealers in s miami and so it was easy. In fact, it was in the first dealer I went to. Had it shipped for 900 dollars and three days later had my car. So, look in big markets and you'll find plenty and shipping very easy. Good luck.

PS: Im SOOOOOOOOOOO glad i waited for the AW w tan. I think its the most beautiful combo.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nikko64' post='1035687' date='Oct 19 2009, 11:15 AM
I think its the most beautiful combo.
Dont tell my car, but i do too My next car is definitely going to be AW
Old 10-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

I may be a moron but can someone please explain to me exactly what a rolled fender is?

Thanks!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 custom Range Rover, 2005 745li, FULL custom 1950 mercury, chopped and flame throwers, 1930 model A rat rod, nasty little bastard!! soon to be custom bmw 550 all white and black.

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ' post='1035696' date='Oct 19 2009, 11:24 AM
I may be a moron but can someone please explain to me exactly what a rolled fender is?

Thanks!
Its when they take this device and roll the underneath of the render and get rid of that hard edge underneath..... it allows the car to sit lower and doesnt run, and if it does touch the edge isnt rough.
look at the rear wheel pic and you can see how the rear fender looks folded under.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:01 AM
Contributors

I personally would NOT do it even though I really wanted an AW car as well before I purchased my Titanium Silver. You may be forcing yourself into this purchase because it's modified the way you want. You could potentially be spending $10k MORE than what others are worth in this current market at the least... IF there are no mechanical/body issues..

A few comments in regards to the points that attracted you to this car:

- Is the paint edge where the white meets the black on the wheels not straight? Since there is no brand specified, you could be buying $600 crap wheels that were custom painted.

- The carbon fiber parts on the car, (front and trunk lip) are probably knock offs if no brand was specified. That means they could be as cheap as $400-500 together.

- What do you mean that if the fenders are rolled, then it was done right? To me that just means he was running wheels/tires that were too wide for the car.

- M pedals? JSPEED, a vendor on the forum that sells replica parts sells "M pedals".

- 38k Miles is pretty high for a year old car!!!

- Clean Carfax only means that any previous problems may not have been reported. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006...rfax_facts.html Please also google "Carfax fraud" and read a little.

IF none of these issues will dissuade you.. AT LEAST GET A PPI (Pre Purchase Inspection) from BMW and/or a third party mechanic.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi' post='1035784' date='Oct 19 2009, 01:01 PM
I personally would NOT do it even though I really wanted an AW car as well before I purchased my Titanium Silver. You may be forcing yourself into this purchase because it's modified the way you want. You could potentially be spending $10k MORE than what others are worth in this current market at the least... IF there are no mechanical/body issues..

A few comments in regards to the points that attracted you to this car:

- Is the paint edge where the white meets the black on the wheels not straight? Since there is no brand specified, you could be buying $600 crap wheels that were custom painted.

- The carbon fiber parts on the car, (front and trunk lip) are probably knock offs if no brand was specified. That means they could be as cheap as $400-500 together.

- What do you mean that if the fenders are rolled, then it was done right? To me that just means he was running wheels/tires that were too wide for the car.

- M pedals? JSPEED, a vendor on the forum that sells replica parts sells "M pedals".

- 38k Miles is pretty high for a year old car!!!

- Clean Carfax only means that any previous problems may not have been reported. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006...rfax_facts.html Please also google "Carfax fraud" and read a little.

IF none of these issues will dissuade you.. AT LEAST GET A PPI (Pre Purchase Inspection) from BMW and/or a third party mechanic.
I agree, ALWAYS get the car inspected by independent 3rd party, even if you're buying a CPO.

Quick Reply: NEW ON THIS FORUM AND WANTED ANYONES OPINION ON THIS CAR