Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

New car is here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Another one (the rear):
Attached Thumbnails New car is here!-dsr.jpg  
Old 07-11-2004, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Different to the 6series, where the light is red, the light on the 5series is white.
Attached Thumbnails New car is here!-dsco.jpg  
Old 07-11-2004, 10:55 PM
Contributors

Congrats!
Beautiful car, my next one will definitely be that colour!
Old 07-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ULtraPLanet' date='Jul 11 2004, 10:21 PM
Glad to see you survived Icy.? Car looks awesome!

Hope you guys can wait for me to join your autobahn train.? My car should be built next week!
Sounds good. What are the specs of your car? When do you think it will be delivered. Maybe a meeting somwhere in between us all is possible. What do you guys think?

Iceman,
I like the door trim, I can't talk my wife into it though <_< . Maybe after seeing your pics at night I might be able to convince her.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Icy' date='Jul 10 2004, 11:05 AM
After having the car just over a day now, I can report my sheer delight with this automobile. I had high expectations and I am happy to say that, except for a few minor issues, I am not in any way disappointed!

Now for the details?

1. Delivery MGR told me I have V.12 of the software. The mechanic who performed my activation requirements (DRL was the only one I needed) also told me they just received V 12.1 but can?t use it yet.

2. Telephone issue is, as I feared, probably insurmountable at this time. I talked at length with the BMW guys at the dealership and they cannot make a US Spec car (with US TCU, wiring, and software programming) work in Europe. Oh well, now looking at Doctor D?s bluetooth device.

3. When I first looked in the passenger footwell there was no power outlet. I asked the dealer rep and he told me he had never seen one there. After I pointed it out to him in the manual he just grunted. Oh well, taking pictures today I found the new location (further back and higher.

4. Rear Poplar console piece looks very nice. I am so glad I ordered this.

5. Mud flaps are great! They are subtle and do a super job of catching much of the flinging water and mud.

6. Wanted a different mat for the trunk. Eventhough someone suggested I could use the existing mat in the trunk by reversing it (Rudy I think), I went ahead and got the anti-skid mat from BMW. Fits like a satin glove.

7. While in the trunk I also notice the compartment on the driver/s side is gone. Don?t know what that means to the future of a DVD changer.

8. Passenger side mirror tilt in reverse works great.

9. Garage door opener does NOT work (as I suspected) ? another issue of having a US spec car in Germany.

10. No NAV disk. I decided I would not pay 200 some Euros for something that should have been in the car to begin with. (I gave the dealer an earful). Now looking at Ebay.de for a better deal.

11. Wasn't sure about the DRLs at first. But, now that I have seen them, they are COOOOOLLLL!

That?s it for now friends, I am all smiles

See below for a few pics.
just wondering your thoughts on the 530 engine power?
Old 07-12-2004, 08:50 AM
Icy
Members

Originally Posted by ethanbmw' date='Jul 12 2004, 10:12 AM
just wondering your thoughts on the 530 engine power?
Of course I'm at the very begining of the break-in period so haven't had the opportunity to throw the hammer down. But, I will say that the 3.0 L engine is adequately masculine with a throaty sound while still maintaining decent economy.

The throttle response is fast and the integration of the transmissions (Six-speed and Steptronic) seems to be near perfect. (I assume the SMG is the same although I didn't test drive one)

I really wanted the torque of the diesel (almost twice the 530i) and 38-40 MPG! But alas, this is not available in the US. The 4.4 L V8 was appealing but I wasn't sure I could afford the daily commute (after having just spend all my money on the car!).

So, overall I'm very happy with it.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Jul 12 2004, 06:08 PM
I like the door trim, I can't talk my wife into it though <_< .? Maybe after seeing your pics at night I might be able to convince her.
I tried to take pics tonight, but when using the flash the reflection was too bright to see that the BMW is lighted. So I tried taking them without the flash, what is a little dark... The reflections you see on the top and the bottom one is coming from the light in the car...
You can see that they are white...
As soon as I have better pics I'll post them.
Attached Thumbnails New car is here&#33;-lightds.jpg  
Old 07-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Kewl!
Old 07-13-2004, 01:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Jul 12 2004, 06:08 PM
Sounds good. What are the specs of your car? When do you think it will be delivered. Maybe a meeting somwhere in between us all is possible. What do you guys think?

Iceman,
I like the door trim, I can't talk my wife into it though <_< . Maybe after seeing your pics at night I might be able to convince her.
We are hoping for delivery no later than the first week in August! We have ordered - 545iA Jet Black/Black NAV Comfort Seats CWP PDC Sunshades Rear Airbags and Heat.

Looking forward to a meeting after the break-in so I can keep up with you guys. Somewhere with a nice backdrop for pictures.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:00 AM
Icy
Members

Originally Posted by ULtraPLanet' date='Jul 13 2004, 03:55 AM
Looking forward to a meeting after the break-in so I can keep up with you guys. Somewhere with a nice backdrop for pictures.
I think we'll be trying to keep up with you!

Quick Reply: New car is here!