Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

New 535d Sport Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 2005 535d Sport, Carbon Black, 19" M-light Double Spoke 172 8J Alloys, Media Package, Bi-Xenons, Heated seats, Black Dakota leather, Sun protection glass.

Hello all,
Apologies for the delay, but I've finally managed to get some pics of the new car. I previously had an E46 330d Sport which was an amazing car - really missed it. Problem was my newborn (three girls in all!) were not fitting comfortably so a bigger car was needed with a boot...to er boot!.

I'm really enjoying it - it's still hitting 22.1mpg though at 1300 miles but I've been told it'll improve. The response from passers by etc is weird too - I don't like showing-off but people really do stare, my last car was black too but didn't evoke the same response.

Let us know what you think. Again many thanks for the welcome especiially from ats77, Merv the Derv, 555 and Gav530d.

regards
Grafiker New 535d Sport Pics-dsc02191_1.jpgNew 535d Sport Pics-dsc02192_1.jpgNew 535d Sport Pics-dsc02194.jpgNew 535d Sport Pics-dsc02195_1.jpgNew 535d Sport Pics-dsc02196.jpgNew 535d Sport Pics-dsc02197.jpgNew 535d Sport Pics-dsc02198.jpgNew 535d Sport Pics-dsc02199_1.jpgNew 535d Sport Pics-dsc02202_1.jpgNew 535d Sport Pics-dsc02203_1.jpg
Old 10-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: various
Model Year: F10 2015 M Sport 530d

Very nice car! Black always look fantastic
Old 10-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Grafiker' date='Oct 16 2005, 04:08 PM
Hello all,
Apologies for the delay, but I've finally managed to get some pics of the new car. I previously had an E46 330d Sport which was an amazing car - really missed it. Problem was my newborn (three girls in all!) were not fitting comfortably so a bigger car was needed with a boot...to er boot!.

I'm really enjoying it - it's still hitting 22.1mpg though at 1300 miles but I've been told it'll improve. The response from passers by etc is weird too - I don't like showing-off but people really do stare, my last car was black too but didn't evoke the same response.

Let us know what you think. Again many thanks for the welcome especiially from ats77, Merv the Derv, 555 and Gav530d.

regards

[snapback]185008[/snapback]
Your car looks very nice. Congratulations.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Congrats Grafiker,

Carbon black looks amazing with the 172's.

The fuel economy will only only get worse But then you surely didn't buy a 535d for economical reasons. Joking apart it will improve I get 26ish round townand about 35 on a run.

People will stare because it looks awesome.

Enjoy the torque!
Old 10-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Members

hey Grafiker

this is my first ever post on e60.net..... been following this forum for ages as i am a massive fan of the new 5series.

just had to register today after i saw the pics of ure new motor..... wht can i say?..... absolutley awesome. congratulations on the car and the birth of ure new baby daughter.

im still at university so wont be getting my 5series for a while yet but i have to say that the one i wud go 4 is the exact same 1 u have just brought.
the 535d engine is awesome.... have driven a friends,
the black colour is jaw dropping,
and the 172 alloys (i think thts the right code for thm) compliment the car perfectly.

what other options did u specify??
are u considering getting it remapped by DMS??? or is it already fast enuf

enjoy
Old 10-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Contributors

Great looking set up. Carbon Black is stunning, and the 172s are perfect. Well done.

Did you use spacers at all for the wheels? because they seem to fill in the wheel wells so nicely.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 2005 535d Sport, Carbon Black, 19" M-light Double Spoke 172 8J Alloys, Media Package, Bi-Xenons, Heated seats, Black Dakota leather, Sun protection glass.

Tachyon,
Hi, The car is completely stock from the showroom - all it has is the M Sport suspension. By the way, congratulations on your very recent acquisition - it looks stunning, I especially like the Start-button, I must have just missed that.

Oh well, computers and cars - you just can't win. Enjoy.

regards
Irfan
Old 10-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Members

Hi say33d,
Hey, thanks for the reply.

The kids have already 'christened' the inside, thankfully the leather is wipe clean! I spent a really long time sourcing the car with the right alloys etc. The alloys make all the difference. You're right about the engine though as it only has 1300 miles on the clock I have'nt really been able to test it. I'll give it another 500 miles.

I assume as you know about DMS'ing you're from the UK. I've considered it, and I know it's undetectable by BMW diagnostics - so I'll wait and see there's no hurry. java script:emoticon('')

The other options are;
E60 2005 535d Sport, Carbon Black, 19" M-light Double Spoke 172 8J Alloys, Media Package, Bi-Xenons, Heated seats, Black Dakota leather, Sun protection glass, Professional SATNAV.

I regret not getting the Professional or Logik 7 system -but I may go for a decent system later on.

Keep in touch
Grafiker

Old 10-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Grafiker' date='Oct 17 2005, 12:27 AM
Hi say33d,
Hey, thanks for the reply.

The kids have already 'christened' the inside, thankfully the leather is wipe clean! I spent a really long time sourcing the car with the right alloys etc. The alloys make all the difference. You're right about the engine though as it only has 1300 miles on the clock I have'nt really been able to test it. I'll give it another 500 miles.

I assume as you know about DMS'ing you're from the UK. I've considered it, and I know it's undetectable by BMW diagnostics - so I'll wait and see there's no hurry. java script:emoticon('')

The other options are;
E60 2005 535d Sport, Carbon Black, 19" M-light Double Spoke 172 8J Alloys, Media Package, Bi-Xenons, Heated seats, Black Dakota leather, Sun protection glass, Professional SATNAV.

I regret not getting the Professional or Logik 7 system -but I may go for a decent system later on.

Keep in touch
Grafiker

[snapback]185056[/snapback]

im sure the kids have their own particular way of enjoying their new car.... atleast black leather is the easiest to look after.

i am from the uk.... manchester to be exact.

about the dms tuning.... everything i have ever read has led me to believe thts its undetectable by BMW..... however i have come across a thread that BMW can tell that you have had it done. some1 has mentioned that they can tell by holding down the odo trip reset button down for 4 seconds which brings up a triangle warning on the instument panel. however some people have sed they get the warning triangle on on their car and have never had any tuning done on it. still, some guys on that thread were adamant tht BMW can tell.... a good idea you check it out properly before you decide i think.

Bi-xenons are a must on the e60 i think.... the effect at night looks fabulous.... especially on a black car

The wheels look stunning too..... i been lookin at them for ages and i dont think i have ever seen an e60 in the uk with thm b4 so they are very unique.... every1 seems to stick with the standard 18'' sport alloys. I know the 19'' wheels dont come with run flat tires so im sure this improves the overall ride.... was tht a consideration when you got them or was it just the fact they look sensational and nobody else has thm

looking at the pic of your interior.... is that brushed aluminium trim you have?.... i know cubed aluminium trim is standard on M Sport models.

i cud prob talk about the e60 all day... and i dont even have one!!!!..... my family think im a lil crazy, lol........ but i like to do my research before i buy things so i dont think im tht mad.... well not yet anyway

enjoy ure ride and keep us updated
Old 10-17-2005, 05:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Congrats!! Love your car. It looks awsome with the msport package

Quick Reply: New 535d Sport Pics