Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Negotiating Power

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should definately wait for 530 produced after March 2005. They will have the new I6 magnesium engine.

Originally Posted by KMonster' date='Feb 1 2005, 09:27 PM
Wow!? So many replies so fast.? Thanks everyone for the welcome and advice.

soc fans, no real preference at this point.? I had a good experience with the salesperson in Fremont.? Mt. View has a very large stock (doesn't really translate to customer service though).? Any suggestions?

I'm planning on purchasing not leasing.? I was going to buy a 2004 530, but read some reliability issues with i drive on some forums and with 2004 being the first year for E60, I thought i'd wait for 2005.? Now I here about 255hp and want to wait for 2006.? This is it though, no more waiting!? I realize waiting for later in the year to purchase the car would provide me with more negotiating power, but I wasn't sure I'd have much leverage if I'm going to order the car from the factory, regarding of time of year.? Any thoughts?? Thanks!

Edwin
[snapback]85927[/snapback]
Old 02-01-2005, 07:23 PM

You probably have very little, if any, "negotiation power" for a car that you plan to order -- especially for a newly announced model. As noted in an earlier reply, your greatest negotiation power occurs when you are a repeat customer at a particular BMW dealership; otherwise, if you take a new car that has been sitting on the dealer's lot for a few weeks/months, the dealer may knock some $$ off the price to move the vehicle (since the dealer has already paid interest on this vehicle on his lot and can avoid paying any further interest if he sells it to you).

You should consider ED if you want to save some $$ on this new car.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Steptronic Auto: Silver Grey Metalic / Black Dakota Leather, Navigation System, Premium Sound Pkg, Cold Weather, Rear Electric Sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Satellite Radio (Sirus). Born 12/19/2004, USA arrival 1/14/2005 delivered 1/24/2005
Exclamation

Originally Posted by katmai' date='Feb 2 2005, 12:02 AM
You should definately wait for 530 produced after March 2005.? They will have the new I6 magnesium engine.

[quote name='KMonster' date='Feb 1 2005, 09:27 PM']Wow!? So many replies so fast.? Thanks everyone for the welcome and advice.

soc fans, no real preference at this point.? I had a good experience with the salesperson in Fremont.? Mt. View has a very large stock (doesn't really translate to customer service though).? Any suggestions?

I'm planning on purchasing not leasing.? I was going to buy a 2004 530, but read some reliability issues with i drive on some forums and with 2004 being the first year for E60, I thought i'd wait for 2005.? Now I here about 255hp and want to wait for 2006.? This is it though, no more waiting!? I realize waiting for later in the year to purchase the car would provide me with more negotiating power, but I wasn't sure I'd have much leverage if I'm going to order the car from the factory, regarding of time of year.? Any thoughts?? Thanks!

Edwin
[snapback]85931[/snapback]
[/quote]

I did my homework online and then walked into my local delaler and told the SA that I know he had $5.5K to $7K into the sticker and that I know he has a family and needs to make a living, so I asked him is $1500 on the deal is enough he stated alittle low so i said I am ready to sign today how about $2K. He said ok and knocked $4.5K off the sticker build price I had. I did not want to custom order and I had him search the BMW alloaction dealer site and he found one on the boat with evertyhing going to a Michigan dealer. After a few swaps and and within 3 week I had my new 545I. Make sure you do you homework go in ith a file and print outs of dealer cost and salso make sure you build one online with BMW with everything you want. Be ready to show the details and walk if he is not intested as there ae many other dealers looking to mkae a sale. Rember they are working for you and you are not working for them.. Also 2 weeks before the end of any month is good to haggle with a dealer.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by KMonster' date='Feb 1 2005, 10:27 PM
Wow!? So many replies so fast.? Thanks everyone for the welcome and advice.

Edwin
My advice is don't go to BMW of mountain view. It's hard dealing with them with prices and the service isn't that good either. I've heard a lot of good comment about BMW of FREMONT. You should ask ornament who ordered his car there. And normally i bring my car there for service. They're professional and good, just that i didn't get my car on time.
Well, i bought mine from BMW of Peter pan. The internet fleet manager gave me a reasonable price though. About $1700 above invoice price. However, he is no longer there anymore. Good luck though..
Old 02-19-2005, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rsantucc' date='Feb 1 2005, 11:23 PM
I did my homework online and then walked into my local delaler and told the SA that I know he had $5.5K to $7K into the sticker and that I know he has a family and needs to make a living, so I asked him is $1500 on the deal is enough he stated? alittle low so i said I am ready to sign today how about $2K.
How nice of you to let him make ~$250 on the deal (before taxes). If he sells 15 BMWs per month, he just might make it into the middle class.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Buster' date='Feb 1 2005, 06:18 PM
Welcome KMonster!

I saw BMW is now advertising a lease on the 545 for $599.? Don't know the term, MF, residual but I would look into it.? Maybe a good deal in advance of the 550 roll out.
[snapback]85757[/snapback]
where did you see this ad?