Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Need help with my purchase...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would leave a voice message for the CA telling him that you are disappointed with his slow response and that you saw the vehicle on the lot and want an updated status on when the vehicle will be ready for purchase and pickup, also mention to him that he is leaving you no choice but to call the general manager by close of business on that day if you don't hear from him. Don't waste your time with the sales manager, they have invented the games that the CA's can sometimes play. If you can't get results from the GM move on to another dealership. If the sales department is that bad I can only image what service is like. My CA bent over backwards to make sure everything was A+ on my transaction.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Members

Well, just got back. Car, along with a grey one, is still sitting there. Still has the sold sticker on the rearview. Not been moved since I saw it on Sunday. Don't know what to think. I will wait until tomorrow around 10, since they don't get in till 9. If no call by then, I will call and ask to speak to the GM. I will update you all once I hear what's going on. Thanks guys!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle' post='331294' date='Sep 5 2006, 08:04 PM
Hi all. I have, what I believe, is a serious problem. I purchased a 53Oi sport two weeks ago. The dealer here had to do several vehicle trades with other dealers before the dealer that had my specifically spec'd car would trade. I was initially told it would be here on Friday or Monday (guess they forgot Monday was a holiday). I called on Friday and left a message with my CA. No response. Called on Saturday and left a message. No response. My wife and I drove by Saturday after closing (around 6:30pm) just for kicks, and really to see if they had a 335i coupe. There, sitting at the end of the lot (with a big sold sticker) is my 530i. Now, I know it is mine because it is from the dealer in Indiana that I was told it was coming from, had every exact option I wanted, and it had the sold sticker on it. Now I figured that I would get it today, and that I hadn't been called because of the busy weekend and wrapping stuff up before the holiday. Now, today I have a partner drive me to the office in anticipation of being called to pick up the car. Three phone calls and three messages later, I have still not heard a single word from the dealer. What should I be thinking and what should I do?

I am very pissed. I am very irritated that I have agreed to purchase an almost $60,000 vehicle and can't get a single person to answer a phone call or return one.

Sorry for the long post, but I needed to vent and needed advice. I am almost to ask for my deposit back and go to the other dealer in Cincinnati to buy a vehicle.

Jason
You know, it could honestly be as simple as the guy taking an extra day at the tail end of a holiday weekend. And while you might think it would be a trivial thing to have someone else call you, that kind of sales environment just isn't set up for that sort of collaboration. About the only one besides the guy you bought it from who cares a lick about your sale is the manager, and I doubt you've made enough noise to get on his radar yet.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Senior Members

I know it's hard but I would walk away. Go to another dealer and order a factory BTO vehicle. If they don't call you back when you want to give them money think how you'll be treated after the sale.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Members

UUronL, I understand where you're coming from. But honestly, being busy is not an excuse. I am a physician, and I am pretty much always busy. I still find time to return patient phone calls. I may not get them on the first one, but by golly, I get them no later than the second one. I just don't like being made to feel as if my willingness to buy a vehicle should be taken advantage of, and that is how I feel.

J
Old 09-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle' post='331360' date='Sep 5 2006, 11:01 PM
UUronL, I understand where you're coming from. But honestly, being busy is not an excuse. I am a physician, and I am pretty much always busy. I still find time to return patient phone calls. I may not get them on the first one, but by golly, I get them no later than the second one. I just don't like being made to feel as if my willingness to buy a vehicle should be taken advantage of, and that is how I feel.

J

I never once said that they were too busy to call you back. The hypothetical situation I presented suggests that while messages were left, they might very well be sitting on an empty desk or in a voicemail box that no one is checking. If the guy is on vacation, he's on vacation. No one else is going to step up and deliver his cars for him while he's out. As for being a physician and expecting the same level of dedication from others... you're dealing with life and death issues, he's not. You no doubt hold yourself to the highest standards of professional conduct. I wouldn't expect many other professions to be able to live up to the kind of ethics and professionalism found in medicine. It's not uncommon for people in your profession to be on call or reachable in the case of emergency. The same is not at all common for a car salesman. Like I said, if he's out on vacation (a real possibility), no one is even likely to see that message let alone call you. The only other person who likely cares would be the manager, and he probably doesn't even know what's going on.

OTOH, if he really is there and just can't be bothered, I'd agree with you completely. Did you confirm with anyone today that he was in fact at the dealership?

If you really want to get some satisfaction, stick with the dealer and CA, but don't rate him on the survey - if they don't get all 5s, they don't get all their money. Make him work, but ding him. That's worse than taking away his sale because then he needs to spend time on you without getting his return - fair turn-around if he really is ignoring you. It also gets the CA and the dealership on the radar with BMW NA - in a bad way. People bail on cars all the time, but I think a bad rating isn't seen very often and would likely yield better treatment of you in the long run.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:20 AM
Members

I was told by the receptionist that he was there, but later a different one told me that he wasn't available at that moment (her words). I agree with you totally UUronL. You are right. My point in posting was that, there should have been at least a phone call back at some point over the past three days. I left two of the messages on his mobile.

Anyway. Almost 9:30 here and still no reply. He has another hour and then I will escalate the situation.

J
Old 09-06-2006, 05:46 AM
Members

Well, here's an update. My CA just called. He said he was out sick yesterday and wasn't in the office all day. So, the car will be ready for delivery today. It is in the service bay getting prepped and making sure everything is okay. I relayed my displeasure with the fact that I was getting the run around, but he does seem to be very sincere, so I don't get the impression that he was lying about being gone. Also explains why the car had not been moved.

However, still does not explain why the receptionist told me he was there. Anyway, will be ready this afternoon. Many pics to follow.

Thanks for the support guys. I was just getting a little anxious.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle' post='331473' date='Sep 6 2006, 08:46 AM
Well, here's an update. My CA just called. He said he was out sick yesterday and wasn't in the office all day. So, the car will be ready for delivery today. It is in the service bay getting prepped and making sure everything is okay. I relayed my displeasure with the fact that I was getting the run around, but he does seem to be very sincere, so I don't get the impression that he was lying about being gone. Also explains why the car had not been moved.

However, still does not explain why the receptionist told me he was there. Anyway, will be ready this afternoon. Many pics to follow.

Thanks for the support guys. I was just getting a little anxious.
Glad to hear it worked out. That waiting can be hard, especially whe you know your new car is sitting on the lot!
Old 09-06-2006, 06:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

do not wanna be the "smart a$$ from Europe" but sorry for all of you guy in the States, you have so many gimmicks and bad stuff regarding the deliveries and after many problems, really sorry for you.

BMW NA please read the message: you service suxx Get another dealer or a lawyer, no idea here is totally different, not always clear, but at least they do it what we ask.

Quick Reply: Need help with my purchase...