Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Need help with my purchase...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. I have, what I believe, is a serious problem. I purchased a 53Oi sport two weeks ago. The dealer here had to do several vehicle trades with other dealers before the dealer that had my specifically spec'd car would trade. I was initially told it would be here on Friday or Monday (guess they forgot Monday was a holiday). I called on Friday and left a message with my CA. No response. Called on Saturday and left a message. No response. My wife and I drove by Saturday after closing (around 6:30pm) just for kicks, and really to see if they had a 335i coupe. There, sitting at the end of the lot (with a big sold sticker) is my 530i. Now, I know it is mine because it is from the dealer in Indiana that I was told it was coming from, had every exact option I wanted, and it had the sold sticker on it. Now I figured that I would get it today, and that I hadn't been called because of the busy weekend and wrapping stuff up before the holiday. Now, today I have a partner drive me to the office in anticipation of being called to pick up the car. Three phone calls and three messages later, I have still not heard a single word from the dealer. What should I be thinking and what should I do?

I am very pissed. I am very irritated that I have agreed to purchase an almost $60,000 vehicle and can't get a single person to answer a phone call or return one.

Sorry for the long post, but I needed to vent and needed advice. I am almost to ask for my deposit back and go to the other dealer in Cincinnati to buy a vehicle.

Jason
Old 09-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Contributors

sorry to hear about what you're going through. at this point i would try to get someone live in the sales dept and stop leaving messages with your salesperson. he/she may have taken advantage of the long weekend and took an extended vacation. i don't think that they would've gone through all the trouble of dealer trades to get your car only to delay the final purchase. talk about getting your deposit back or walking from the deal and you may see the dealership moving a little faster on your transaction. good luck.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Members

The problem is, the CA has been there the whole time. Everytime I have called, the receptionist has told me he is in. I left two messages on his desk voicemail and one on his mobile. I will give him till 9 am tomorrow. After that, I am calling the sales manager, and am either going to get my car or my deposit back. Just for giggles I called the other BMW store in town and I can get the same car with rear heated seats, comfort access and PDC for about $1500 more. Probably can negotiate that difference away.

J
Old 09-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Contributors

Don't forget, the car is just another commodity. If things do not work at one dealer, go to the next one.

First, I would call BMW of North America LLC and file a complaint. They need to know about bad dealers. Their job is to make sure that bad dealers and salespeople do not exist.

Then, I would go to another dealer. There are dealers every 30 or so miles. Do not reward the bad dealer, even if you have to drive an extra 100 miles to get your car. Any dealership must honor the service contract, so you can still use the local bad dealer for service (you may lose loaner privileges though, which means that you may need to accept a rental car instead).

If you agreed on a price with your dealer, it is hard to believe that another would not honor it. No dealer will take a loss on a car. As a matter of fact, another dealer may get joy stealing a deal from a competitor so they get a higher allocation of cars the next year. Try telling the other dealer the truth about this bad one, and see what they say.

We sometimes forget that we have the money and the dealers cannot exist without us. If they snub you, then at the end of the year, they will have one less sale (and someone else will have one more).

Hang in there... I hope this pep talk helped.

Best,
Old 09-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Oh I know how you must feel. Sorry to hear. Talk the price down again. As for another $250 or $500 off else you'll walk. Tell them what happened. That you left voice mails MANY times and no return call. Whats up with that?
Old 09-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Contributors

...unless this salesperson found another buyer willing to pay higher $$$ than you, and is hoping you'll back out. what a douchebag if that is the case. good luck.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Members

I thought about that....My wife actually just got off the phone with me and said the same thing. If that is the case, I am going to go balistic. We signed an agreement, I put down $2500 of my $5500 down. I will be seriously pissed.

As an aside. I got a phone call from BMW NA about a half hour after the first post. It was a customer satisfaction survey asking how the overall purchase was and how delivery went. I informed them, not only have I not had delivery yet, but I also explained the whole situation. He said someone from corporate will be calling me tomorrow.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue

What an awful situation. Have you heard anything yet?

I have to agree with monacobmw, go somewhere else if you can't get treated fairly... if they don't return your calls now, imagine how it'll be the day you actually need something.

Hang in there.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Members

No phone calls yet. I don't know what the hell is happening. I am seriously thinking about driving to the dealership tonight and seeing if the car is still there. Thing is, if I leave now, the round trip will take about an hour. Just sucks.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue

I would drive over, the anxiety would be killing me...

Quick Reply: Need help with my purchase...