Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

My Shipping Vessel left - How do I track non-WW

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 12:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Soon to be 2005 5-series

My shipping vessel, 'GRUS' and my dealer said the car was loaded onto this ship yesterday. Anyone know how to track a non-Wallennius Wilhelmsen cargo?

I tried: http://www.sailwx.info but did not see that see listed. See jpg of Bremerhaven.

Photo of Grus shipping vessel:
Grus Photo
Attached Thumbnails My Shipping Vessel left - How do I track non-WW-bremerhaven.jpg   My Shipping Vessel left - How do I track non-WW-grus.jpg  
Old 01-31-2005, 01:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

MS Grus is an NYK ship. Tracking the ship??!! You are SOL!

cheers,

beewang
Old 01-31-2005, 01:10 PM
Members

I found this UK website that has it listed:

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/shipping_movments.asp

It shows that it will depart on 2.1.05 at 12:30 with destination 'Jacksonville?'

Leonard.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:30 PM

I managed to track my ship. NYK's Capricornus Leader, by calling up NYK on the phone, specifically their RORO operations office in Los Angeles. They were very nice and feed me information but I could tell I was wearing out my welcome. Signing up for web site access took a long time to get a response (nearly 2 weeks) and I think would have been a bust anyway although I did have bill of lading information which is essentail.

If your ship doesn't participate in the VOS (Voluntary Ship Observing) program for weather and location reports sites like shipwx and oceanweather won't help. Some NYK ships seem to participate, it's just spotty and apparently at the discretion of the ship's master.

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Jan 31 2005, 05:03 PM
MS Grus is an NYK? ship. Tracking the ship??!!? You are SOL!

cheers,

beewang
[snapback]85212[/snapback]
Old 01-31-2005, 07:32 PM
Contributors

Doh! This was me.

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Jan 31 2005, 09:30 PM
I managed to track my ship. NYK's Capricornus Leader, by calling up NYK on the phone, specifically their RORO operations office in Los Angeles. They were very nice and feed me information but I could tell I was wearing out my welcome. Signing up for web site access took a long time to get a response (nearly 2 weeks) and I think would have been a bust anyway although I did have bill of lading information which is essentail.

If your ship doesn't participate in the VOS (Voluntary Ship Observing) program for weather and location reports sites like shipwx and oceanweather won't help. Some NYK ships seem to participate, it's just spotty and apparently at the discretion of the ship's master.

[quote name='beewang' date='Jan 31 2005, 05:03 PM']MS Grus is an NYK? ship. Tracking the ship??!!? You are SOL!

cheers,

beewang
[snapback]85212[/snapback]
[snapback]85420[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 02-01-2005, 01:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i Silver Grey on Black, 6 Spd Manual, Sport, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, Fold Down RS

Keep checking on the SailWx site. My car was on an NYK boat and it eventually appeared on that site after a few days the ship had left port.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by a061444' date='Jan 31 2005, 02:58 PM
My shipping vessel, 'GRUS' and my dealer said the car was loaded onto this ship yesterday.? Anyone know how to track a non-Wallennius Wilhelmsen cargo?
I wonder if my car is on the same ship. At least I hope so. How did you get the information from your dealer. My dealer says he has no information on shipping vessels. Is he just too lazy to look it up?

Anyway, keep me posted if you find out more about the ship and its progress towards CA.

Old 02-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

You can call a freight forwarder found in the yellow pages, and ask them if they can track your ship for you. Otherwise, you can't on your own. Calling NYK is a good idea, but you can't do it often.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Feb 1 2005, 03:20 PM
You can call a freight forwarder found in the yellow pages, and ask them if they can track your ship for you.? Otherwise, you can't on your own.? Calling NYK is a good idea, but you can't do it often.
[snapback]85727[/snapback]
I concur... fellas if you do call NYK, please try to limit your calls, as you can wear out their kindness pretty quickly.

Also, keep in mind that just because you called, doesn't mean your car will get to port faster

cheers,

beewang
Old 02-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Members

Originally Posted by uwsc11' date='Feb 1 2005, 02:00 PM
[quote name='a061444' date='Jan 31 2005, 02:58 PM']My shipping vessel, 'GRUS' and my dealer said the car was loaded onto this ship yesterday.? Anyone know how to track a non-Wallennius Wilhelmsen cargo?
I wonder if my car is on the same ship. At least I hope so. How did you get the information from your dealer. My dealer says he has no information on shipping vessels. Is he just too lazy to look it up?

Anyway, keep me posted if you find out more about the ship and its progress towards CA.

[snapback]85714[/snapback]
[/quote]

Will do.

Leonard.

Quick Reply: My Shipping Vessel left - How do I track non-WW