Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

My service visits experience....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 BMW 525i Premium Package, Xenon Lighting Package, manual Transmission. Titanium Grey, 20% Tint around the back, 70% V-Kool on front. Planned mods: Style 71 wheels with Toyo Proxy 4 tires, Sachs suspension upgrade, upgraded stereo, and many more to come.

First of all, this is not for my E60, will I get ban from this forum?
This is for my 4 yr old X5, I just like to share my service visits experience...

1st visit: went down to do the coolant flush right before my 4th year maintainance anniversary. Service advisor (SA) told me he noticed some problem with the window so he end up replacing the windows regulator on the driver's window On my way there, we notice the left turn signal is dying (flash very quick), so that's covered under warranty. But they don't have the part, so I have to make a second visit the following week. I told him my brakes is squealing (which it really wasn't, but it does seems harder to brake compare to new), I asked him to check on it and I want to see if they can replace that while I still have the maintainance, lo and behold my SA push this through for me and get it replace. How much would this cost usually?

2nd visit (the next weekend): Have the bulb changed. At this point, I am technically out of warranty. Instrument cluster starts to have some dead pixels. My SA push it through again and get it replace free of charge, but I have to bring this in the next week since they need to order the parts.

3rd week: have the instrument cluster replaced, so got a fresh new one

I thought it kind of sucks to go there for 3 straigh saturdays, but glad everything got fixed. Then few days after my 3rd visit, the damn 'check engine light' and 'trans fail safe' pops up! I was like oh sh*t. Again talked to my SA , he asked me to bring it in the following week instead of saturday since he has to call bmw and see if they can get it fix for me for free. So I brought it in on Wednesday (couple days ago).

4.5 week: car is in the shop, they took some time trying to find out what's the problem. Then Thursday night they told me they decide to change the whole wiring harness (from engine to back). Part itself is $500, 6 hrs labor. Damn it I love my SA, he got me covered free of charge!!!!

So they start the work today but I probably won't have my car 'til Monday. He said he can even get me a loaner if I want to.

Alright, I was kind of disappointed from all these little glitches :thumbsdown: , but who says all service advisor is bad?
Well, let's see if changing this harness fixes this problem.

Anyone heard of this trans fail safe problem? Granted it's on the X5, but maybe the E60 have some similar messages? Once that indicator is on, the transmission jerks everytime it changes gear, very very annoying....

Wish me luck guys.... I actually bought the extended warranty for the X5, but I think it covers less than the BMW original warranty, and I think it has a deductible as well (bought this at the dealer but it seems to be a 3rd party warranty). So it's great that I don't have to utilize my extended warranty YET....

No doubt that I highly, extremely, recommend my SA
Old 03-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Sounds like your SA is A-OK. Might want to let the people on the left coast know who the dealer is...for every good one there's always a horror story.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530Xi - Navigation, Premium package, Steptronic.

Originally Posted by jrsamps' post='406131' date='Mar 23 2007, 05:04 PM
Sounds like your SA is A-OK. Might want to let the people on the left coast know who the dealer is...for every good one there's always a horror story.
You might also post a comment to www.dealerrater.com. Lots of space to name names, etc. Most of the comments there are pretty negative, so it might be nice to see a good one.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 Olivin/beige 525I, Premium Pkg. Steptronic, M aero kit + trunk lid finisher, AC trunk lid + roof spoiler, 19" Breyton Magic staggered with Toyo T1R tires. 2002 Artic Silver X5 3.0, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg,

Kchan,
Where do you take your car to get serviced in the bayarea. I'm not really satisfied with Weatherford in Berkeley.