Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

My 525i is a POS

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok heres my story.
Traded in my perfect 2006 RSX Type S for a "Certified Pre Owned" 2006 525i "STILL UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY"
Of Course in Fl it was raining, so i didn't catch how horrible the paint was. The hood's clear coat was peeling, and there are numerous scratches all over the car. End of the week they took it in for a "full detail"
When i i got it back, the interior wasn't even cleaned and they couldn't buff out the hood; all of the scratches were down to the metal. They agreed to repaint the hood "which i feel should have been done before classifying it as a certified car"
They assured me it would take only 1 day to strip,refinish,paint. clear,and bake the hood. When i dropped it off they told me there was no way and it would take 2 days to complete, and i was fine with that i would rather have it done right then rush. I told BMW that i would need a loaner or rental if it was going to take more then one day. They told me that they were losing to much money on the deal because they had to repaint the hood and couldn't provide me with a loaner or rental. So i have to find my own way to and from work. I was more pissed that they never called me back then not getting a loaner. If you dont have any available thats fine but don't act like your loosing money by painting my hood. I'm sure that when the lease return came back they took money off for her hood being in such bad shape. Of course my salesman says its coming out of his pocket like hes doing me a favor which is BS. So i got the car back today after the hood was painted and the hood looks pretty good, but the rest of the car color is off now "very noticeable" in direct sunlight. The rest of the car looks like someone washed it with a brillow pad, which is funny because i found a used one on the side of the seat even after my "FULL DETAIL"
Driving it about 10pm tonight and the damn thing broke down on me. Engine overheated
This is the worst purchase I've ever made.
Aside from that, i have a bunch of other things wrong with the car from day one "ive only had it a week"
The Brakes Scrape and squeal like crazy which should have been fixed in the first place
the menu for idrive is stuck
before it broke down it was hesitating in 1st like it didn't know what gear it should be in
tranny would shift hard, CD player would get the discs stuck once in a while,the amp would cut out,many more but i'm sick of writing

The bottom line is that i feel like this car was never inspected in the first place. If someone actually drove this car for more then 5 Min. they would see how screwed up it is. I'm just pissed off because i traded in a perfect car for a POS. I know that BMW makes good cars but i'm just really disappointed with every aspect of this purchase.
So much for a certified car. never buying a car from this dealer again
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=62247&st=0#
If you made it all the way through is thank you, just had to vent
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-24-2008, 07:15 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

being a 2006 and CPO, you have the full factory warranty and the maintenance is covered too. if there is a good side to this, at least you can have everything fix under coverage. the dealer should be giving you a loaner in the meantime as well. sounds like you got the crappiest dealer in your area. be sure you get the extended maintenance package if possible. also ask for any software updates applicable to your model. Then point out the paint difference to them and demand a repaint of the entire car. CPO is supposed to bring the car back to new car likeness.

I am purchasing a 2005 545i CPO from my dealer in NJ tomorrow. They are updating the software to allow for MP3 CD playback, fully detailing the car (although the car is in great shape already), giving me the updated Nav DVD, and I bought the IPod integrated kit. Some dealers suck and some are great. Hopefully you can get yours to fix you up right.

Good luck!