Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

06 xi lease coming due

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Under 3 months and the lease on my XI will be up. Car will have about 43-44K upon expiration and the buyout will be 31K
Has anyone bought their leased vehicle? The only reason I would consider this option is because I have had 0 issues with the vehicle - (one software update). The vehicle has been very well maintained and driven fairly gently.

My one hesitation is that the next 50K might not be as trouble free as the first 50K. Have any of you gone this route.

Thanks guys!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530Xi
Talking

Originally Posted by jrsamps' post='670910' date='Sep 16 2008, 07:59 PM
Under 3 months and the lease on my XI will be up. Car will have about 43-44K upon expiration and the buyout will be 31K
Has anyone bought their leased vehicle? The only reason I would consider this option is because I have had 0 issues with the vehicle - (one software update). The vehicle has been very well maintained and driven fairly gently.

My one hesitation is that the next 50K might not be as trouble free as the first 50K. Have any of you gone this route.

Thanks guys!

I say keep it! I now have 65k on my car and it still drives like a baby! These cars can virtually go forever as long as you maintain them properly!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jrsamps' post='670910' date='Sep 16 2008, 06:59 PM

Thanks guys!
Keep it........the E60 is probably one of the better cars BMW has made.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i, Alpine White, auto, premium package, nav, cold weather package, euro red reflectors

I am also nearing lease end. I had several calls from BMWFS before they caught up with me about 6 weeks out. They reduced my pay-off $4500. I have a 525i with 45,000 miles. I don't know if they would have offered it had I called back the first time the called. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to purchase it or not.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lattelady' post='674724' date='Sep 21 2008, 05:36 PM
I am also nearing lease end. I had several calls from BMWFS before they caught up with me about 6 weeks out. They reduced my pay-off $4500. I have a 525i with 45,000 miles. I don't know if they would have offered it had I called back the first time the called. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to purchase it or not.
Interesting, they've called me two or three times but have not had the time to deal with them. I know the buyout is 31 but book is around 29.5. So that's very cool they were willing to deal with you. None of my business but what did they offer you for the buyout.. I'm sure they don't want the car back, especially with 45K on it.

Thanks

Joe
Old 09-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i, Alpine White, auto, premium package, nav, cold weather package, euro red reflectors

Originally Posted by jrsamps' post='676698' date='Sep 23 2008, 09:39 PM
Interesting, they've called me two or three times but have not had the time to deal with them. I know the buyout is 31 but book is around 29.5. So that's very cool they were willing to deal with you. None of my business but what did they offer you for the buyout.. I'm sure they don't want the car back, especially with 45K on it.

Thanks

Joe
I think they reduced the payoff to 27,700 which included the final payment. I had Premium, Navi, Cold Weather, on the car. Of course, when I went in to a dealer to look at leasing/buying another car, they pulled up a much lower number (around 24,100) for my payoff, based on Manheim Market. This was my first lease, and I was surprised by the lower payoff for trade that the dealer offers, which of course isn't a true number that you could buy the car for. I took it though, because it allowed me to walk away from the lease without paying for any wear/tear or mileage overage. I can see where leasing is sort of like being constantly in contract with your cell phone provider...it's hard to ever break free! We 'down-sized' to a 335 (premium, sport, navi), and got a pretty good deal on it. I think the dealer will make a nice profit on our 525 after it's cleaned up and put through the CPO process, though it was a little heavy on miles at 45,200. So hopefully, it was a mutually beneficial transaction.

I made no attempt to negotiate with BMWFS. The rep asked if he could go over my options, and in the course of that discussion he offered the lower payoff. I said very little in that phone call. I just took notes. If we'd decided to purchase the car, I probably would have called back and attempted to negotiate, though I haven't heard of good results in that scenario.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lattelady' post='676734' date='Sep 23 2008, 11:04 PM
I think they reduced the payoff to 27,700 which included the final payment. I had Premium, Navi, Cold Weather, on the car. Of course, when I went in to a dealer to look at leasing/buying another car, they pulled up a much lower number (around 24,100) for my payoff, based on Manheim Market. This was my first lease, and I was surprised by the lower payoff for trade that the dealer offers, which of course isn't a true number that you could buy the car for. I took it though, because it allowed me to walk away from the lease without paying for any wear/tear or mileage overage. I can see where leasing is sort of like being constantly in contract with your cell phone provider...it's hard to ever break free! We 'down-sized' to a 335 (premium, sport, navi), and got a pretty good deal on it. I think the dealer will make a nice profit on our 525 after it's cleaned up and put through the CPO process, though it was a little heavy on miles at 45,200. So hopefully, it was a mutually beneficial transaction.

I made no attempt to negotiate with BMWFS. The rep asked if he could go over my options, and in the course of that discussion he offered the lower payoff. I said very little in that phone call. I just took notes. If we'd decided to purchase the car, I probably would have called back and attempted to negotiate, though I haven't heard of good results in that scenario.
335i nice downsizing. Good luck with your new ride.