Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Monaco Blue/Beige 550 with M Aero Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='275359' date='Apr 28 2006, 04:37 PM
She finally arrived and I've been driving around for 4 hours. Here are some preliminary pics. More info later, thanks to all.

Congrats and nice pictures!!!! Hope you make a big pic gallery with lots of Monaco Blue.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

Originally Posted by Landa220' post='275386' date='Apr 28 2006, 06:21 PM
I expect delivery of a Black/Auburn/Aero 550i early in June and now I'm even more excited. The shine looks great and the 124 wheels look great too.

I've been thinking when/if I'll go to the 166 style wheels, but man, yours looks great as it is.

Carlos
I think the wheels look amazing just as they are but can't go without the 166's....thanks Carlos.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Contributors

Now I really can't wait for my Monaco Blue with the Aero Pkg to arrive. It is awaiting shipping now. I hope they fixed the campaign issues in the factory and mine wont have to go thru more work at the NJ VPC.

Questions: Can't you remove the front plate in VA? I have never put my front plate on in IL and I surely don't want to ruin the lines of the front aero bumper with the IL plate.

I think the location of the aux input is ridiculous. Why didn't they just have it come out of the steering wheel?
Isn't there some new ipod hook up that BMW is supposed to come out with in June. I think the sound may be better if you use the bottom connection in the ipod vs the top pin connection.

You car looks magnificent and I really am happy I went with the Monaco Blue.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='275440' date='Apr 28 2006, 08:32 PM
wmbiii - Did you ever find out what the campaign was for? My SA mentioned it to me today but he had no real details. OC still shows 5/3 delivery for me but I'm not buying it. Between this campaign and the aero kit I'm thinking the date will slip. But who knows. Right now I'm just drooling over your car.
We never talked about it. In hindsight, because of the Aero kit, it just took longer at VPC. 44 days from order to delivery seems about right based on what I have read.

Don't worry yours will be here soon and we can do a DC meet. Have you been to National Capitol Area BMWCCA site; lots happening looks like.

Help me find a professional detailer, will ya?
Old 04-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Monaco Blue 523iA, Individual High Gloss Shadow Line, Beige Dakota Leather interior with dark poplar wood trim, Navigation Professional, HUD, Heated Sport Steering Wheel, Sports Suspension with Style 124 wheels, on order... Delivery expected in mid July.

Absolutely stunning. Congrats! I was contemplating whether to pick Silver Gray or Monaco for my new e60. You just made my choice a lot easier. /Thomas
Old 04-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Veight' post='275457' date='Apr 28 2006, 09:29 PM
Now I really can't wait for my Monaco Blue with the Aero Pkg to arrive. It is awaiting shipping now. I hope they fixed the campaign issues in the factory and mine wont have to go thru more work at the NJ VPC.

Questions: Can't you remove the front plate in VA? I have never put my front plate on in IL and I surely don't want to ruin the lines of the front aero bumper with the IL plate.

I think the location of the aux input is ridiculous. Why didn't they just have it come out of the steering wheel?
Isn't there some new ipod hook up that BMW is supposed to come out with in June. I think the sound may be better if you use the bottom connection in the ipod vs the top pin connection.

You car looks magnificent and I really am happy I went with the Monaco Blue.
Veight - I think that is what I am happiest with, this is an amazing color and I predict many more to follow. It is stunning. My wife loves it more than I do (and she has taste!). The Aero package really differentiates the car from other e60's, highly recommended. Where I live there seem to be few, my SA told me I was the second he had seen from their dealership in about 2 years. He loved it too. Good luck.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by snadir' post='275443' date='Apr 28 2006, 08:38 PM
very nice car...hey wmb, are you in alexandria? im in burke..not to far from u
ill definately keep my eyes open for your car around old town and arlington!!
I am - luckily I live and work in Old Town. See you around, just look for the plates!
Old 04-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Contributors

The picture you took of the back seat. Look at the metallic flake in the monaco blue in the back pillar. Stunning. I think when I get mine i'm not driving it. Ill put it in my living room and just dust it occasionally.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:47 PM
HHP
Members

My Ride: 06 550 SMG |Comfort seats | sport, premium sound and cold weather packages | active steer | Navigation |comfort access | rear seat heat | rear seat fold down| sirius|

Nice pics great color combo!!
Old 04-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Senior Members

WOW That Monaco Blue looks amazing. I thought it'd be lighter than that. A stunning car, mate!

Is that 19" or 18" wheels? And is it black wood grain or dark poplar trim?

I'm considering calling my dealer to check if I can still have sometime time to change my mind about the color. That Monaco Blue is nice!

Quick Reply: Monaco Blue/Beige 550 with M Aero Kit