5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   Monaco Blue/Beige 550 with M Aero Kit (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/monaco-blue-beige-550-m-aero-kit-25150/)

wmbiii 04-28-2006 01:37 PM

5 Attachment(s)
She finally arrived and I've been driving around for 4 hours. Here are some preliminary pics. More info later, thanks to all.

wmbiii 04-28-2006 01:39 PM

I'm not sure why that one photo attached twice; man is she something. Manual transmission is just unreal. More later.

Busta 04-28-2006 01:41 PM

beautiful 550, congrats :)

vegastrashed 04-28-2006 02:12 PM

Those pictures look great! :wow:

What kind of camera did you use?

darkside 04-28-2006 02:13 PM

I love that color combination! Your car looks like it is dripping in salad oil - deep, wet finish.
You will have an added treat when your 166's and Michelin's arrive as it is a whole new driving experience.

Again, congratulations!

Landa220 04-28-2006 02:21 PM

Ohhhh Man! That looks good!

Congratulations.

I expect delivery of a Black/Auburn/Aero 550i early in June and now I'm even more excited. The shine looks great and the 124 wheels look great too.

I've been thinking when/if I'll go to the 166 style wheels, but man, yours looks great as it is.

Congratulations again,
Fill us in on more of your observations.
Carlos

nbusbridge 04-28-2006 02:44 PM

Beautiful :thumbsup:

ImolaRedM 04-28-2006 02:56 PM

Very nice. Just makes my wait harder as the days draw nearer. Great day to pick up the car too.

my530i 04-28-2006 03:37 PM

Wow! It's mirror shine! :thumbsup: l love it :)
550 w/ 6-spd, huh? I'm jealeous!

doug_999 04-28-2006 03:39 PM

Beautiful!

How about a couple of interior pics?

wmbiii 04-28-2006 03:56 PM

I have barely had a chance to drive this car, but initial impressions:

Engine is simply a beast, 1,2 3rd gears are nice but once on highway, 4, 5 and 6 (barely got there) are monsters as they drag you through higher speeds. What a rush. Car just wants to run and purrs very nicely. I may want to make it louder but will give it the summer to decide.

Comfort seats are magnificent, best I have ever had sat in, almost too many options. The sides turn into your body and actually "hug" the driver in place. I wasn't ready for that.

Stick/Shifter - honestly it's been years since I've driven manual and I am very happy I got it, even if I am not use to it and screwed up a few times. The shift is short and easy in this car, much different then what I had years ago, very much a gentleman's shift. I do have to sit much closer to wheel but otherwise very cool downshifting coming to stops.

Ipod Aux standard with 2007 models; surprised SA in fact. The Aux is already there, ready for Ipod (rear console) which I started using immediately (doesn't sounds anywhere as good as CD, think I read something about that...)

When I came to pick car up they had it parked in front with "Sold" on it and my name. There were 6-8 people in front of the car, a couple salesman and prospects were checking it out. I didn't even know it was my car until I caught my sales associates glance saying "yeah, that is yours". He threw me keys and I opened door from 20 feet away and the crowd parted while we got in and turned her over. Quite the moment actually.

The hand off was easy, I found a small nick on the drivers side door panel and my sa he is going to have it cleaned up when I next come in. He assured me that if there was anything else (there wasn't, I went over it very well before driving off lot). Otherwise was shown how things works, got my Treo 650 hooked up, with address book, and I was off. Very easy and took less than 2 hours I think.

Bridgestone RFT, seems harsh as everyone describes but these will become winter tires soon enough.

Lots of Pollen today so car is already covered; what is best for cleaning that off - microfiber towel OK? duster from some website? Please let me know. I plan on throwing down some wax in next couple week, and keeping her on a 3 month clay/polish/wax routine, going to be VERY hard to keep this car clean. Wheel already look a bit dirty after 50 miles.

Color combo - I am simply amazed with Monaco blue; it changes colors based on the sunlight and is stunning. I am very happy with it, no matter how hard to keep clean. Just looking at it now with the sun going down - whoa its changed color again! My last 530 was Jet Black and while I was happy with that, Blue is just different enough to make me stand out. I think I would have been just as happy with black interior but the beige really is clean and what I was looking for. Also doesn't get as hot in summer which killed me in last BMW.

As usual for me, I will run at the mouth some more later. I'm off to share with my best friend....

wmbiii 04-28-2006 04:05 PM

7 Attachment(s)
more pics

legalman 04-28-2006 04:20 PM

Very,very nice...

joseyu 04-28-2006 04:27 PM

WOW! The car looks absolutely amazing. Now if June can only come faster.

wmbiii 04-28-2006 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by jiio' post='275384' date='Apr 28 2006, 06:12 PM
Those pictures look great! :wow:

What kind of camera did you use?

Olympus 8 megapixel Evolt e500 digitial SLR - its more like an old 35mm camera; great for photos of kids. Any of the digitial SLR's give you a lot more range than automatics.

ImolaRedM 04-28-2006 04:32 PM

wmbiii - Did you ever find out what the campaign was for? My SA mentioned it to me today but he had no real details. OC still shows 5/3 delivery for me but I'm not buying it. Between this campaign and the aero kit I'm thinking the date will slip. But who knows. Right now I'm just drooling over your car. :coolpics:

Klepper 04-28-2006 04:32 PM

Wow, looks great!

R. Edward 04-28-2006 04:32 PM

She came out nice. Enjoy.

snadir 04-28-2006 04:38 PM

very nice car...hey wmb, are you in alexandria? im in burke..not to far from u
ill definately keep my eyes open for your car around old town and arlington!! :cool:

amigo525 04-28-2006 04:50 PM

wow...cute..i love the smell too

CVTBenhogan 04-28-2006 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='275359' date='Apr 28 2006, 04:37 PM
She finally arrived and I've been driving around for 4 hours. Here are some preliminary pics. More info later, thanks to all.

Congrats and nice pictures!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hope you make a big pic gallery with lots of Monaco Blue.

wmbiii 04-28-2006 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Landa220' post='275386' date='Apr 28 2006, 06:21 PM
I expect delivery of a Black/Auburn/Aero 550i early in June and now I'm even more excited. The shine looks great and the 124 wheels look great too.

I've been thinking when/if I'll go to the 166 style wheels, but man, yours looks great as it is.

Carlos

I think the wheels look amazing just as they are but can't go without the 166's....thanks Carlos.

Veight 04-28-2006 05:29 PM

Now I really can't wait for my Monaco Blue with the Aero Pkg to arrive. It is awaiting shipping now. I hope they fixed the campaign issues in the factory and mine wont have to go thru more work at the NJ VPC.

Questions: Can't you remove the front plate in VA? I have never put my front plate on in IL and I surely don't want to ruin the lines of the front aero bumper with the IL plate.

I think the location of the aux input is ridiculous. Why didn't they just have it come out of the steering wheel?
Isn't there some new ipod hook up that BMW is supposed to come out with in June. I think the sound may be better if you use the bottom connection in the ipod vs the top pin connection.

You car looks magnificent and I really am happy I went with the Monaco Blue.

wmbiii 04-28-2006 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='275440' date='Apr 28 2006, 08:32 PM
wmbiii - Did you ever find out what the campaign was for? My SA mentioned it to me today but he had no real details. OC still shows 5/3 delivery for me but I'm not buying it. Between this campaign and the aero kit I'm thinking the date will slip. But who knows. Right now I'm just drooling over your car. :coolpics:

We never talked about it. In hindsight, because of the Aero kit, it just took longer at VPC. 44 days from order to delivery seems about right based on what I have read.

Don't worry yours will be here soon and we can do a DC meet. Have you been to National Capitol Area BMWCCA site; lots happening looks like.

Help me find a professional detailer, will ya?

tosterberg 04-28-2006 05:34 PM

Absolutely stunning. Congrats! I was contemplating whether to pick Silver Gray or Monaco for my new e60. You just made my choice a lot easier. :rolleyes: /Thomas

wmbiii 04-28-2006 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Veight' post='275457' date='Apr 28 2006, 09:29 PM
Now I really can't wait for my Monaco Blue with the Aero Pkg to arrive. It is awaiting shipping now. I hope they fixed the campaign issues in the factory and mine wont have to go thru more work at the NJ VPC.

Questions: Can't you remove the front plate in VA? I have never put my front plate on in IL and I surely don't want to ruin the lines of the front aero bumper with the IL plate.

I think the location of the aux input is ridiculous. Why didn't they just have it come out of the steering wheel?
Isn't there some new ipod hook up that BMW is supposed to come out with in June. I think the sound may be better if you use the bottom connection in the ipod vs the top pin connection.

You car looks magnificent and I really am happy I went with the Monaco Blue.

Veight - I think that is what I am happiest with, this is an amazing color and I predict many more to follow. It is stunning. My wife loves it more than I do (and she has taste!). The Aero package really differentiates the car from other e60's, highly recommended. Where I live there seem to be few, my SA told me I was the second he had seen from their dealership in about 2 years. He loved it too. Good luck.

wmbiii 04-28-2006 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by snadir' post='275443' date='Apr 28 2006, 08:38 PM
very nice car...hey wmb, are you in alexandria? im in burke..not to far from u
ill definately keep my eyes open for your car around old town and arlington!! :cool:

I am - luckily I live and work in Old Town. See you around, just look for the plates!

Veight 04-28-2006 05:45 PM

The picture you took of the back seat. Look at the metallic flake in the monaco blue in the back pillar. Stunning. I think when I get mine i'm not driving it. Ill put it in my living room and just dust it occasionally.

HHP 04-28-2006 05:47 PM

Nice pics great color combo!!
:geek:

Leburpor 04-28-2006 05:51 PM

WOW :wow: That Monaco Blue looks amazing. I thought it'd be lighter than that. A stunning car, mate!

Is that 19" or 18" wheels? And is it black wood grain or dark poplar trim?

I'm considering calling my dealer to check if I can still have sometime time to change my mind about the color. That Monaco Blue is nice!

tachyon 04-28-2006 05:56 PM

WOW. Stunning looking 550i :wow: Great color combination. :thumbsup:

What are you doing spending all your time taking pictures and talking to us? Get out there and sit in it ... sleep in it tonight ... read the entire manual .... drive it all over the place. :P

Get a California Car Duster for those in-between washes ... great for sweeping off pollen.

Congrats!

wmbiii 04-28-2006 05:59 PM

Ok just back from quick run with car; lights are great, Xenon is clear and concise, didn't notice lights moving with car around corners really. I LOVE the lights that come on when you unlock the doors; very very cool, especially under the mirrors.

In terms of NAV; I didn't get it, and no HUD or Sirus. Its not that I was cutting corners but I don't need NAV or HUD for the type of driving I do. I will say that without NAV I do not have that DVD port under CD and makes the console seems much cleaner and concise. The screen seems cleaner as well. HUD looks and sounds cool but would have just been wasted on me as I don't really go crazy when I drive (OK that's BS, I was going 85 in a 45 ten minutes ago - but that was the car in 4th gear, not me)

The iDrive is a freaking breeze to work; its like a menu driven software program that takes maybe 30 minutes to figure out from start to finish. I did everything in that time and tonight will read manual to see what "secrets" I missed. I was a bit apprehensive but its a joke how easy it is to use.

Logic 7 is great, I do need to study up on it but had Springsteen sounding like a live concert for a while. That "speed" option is cool - increases volume as you drive faster.

More later.

Kmslo - how's your ride man? Your likely still roaming the streets of SF looking for a race by now. Hope you are having as much fun as I am...post ASAP.

joseyu 04-28-2006 06:00 PM

One of these lineout adapters would probably do wonders for the ipod sound quality.

http://www.sendstation.com/us/products/pocketdock/

wmbiii 04-28-2006 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='275467' date='Apr 28 2006, 09:56 PM
Get a California Car Duster for those in-between washes ... great for sweeping off pollen.

Congrats!

Thanks Tachyon - wondering when you would comment - Thanks this is what I had seem before and want, great call.

I'm reading manual now....

Leburpor 04-28-2006 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='275468' date='Apr 29 2006, 11:29 AM
The iDrive is a freaking breeze to work; its like a menu driven software program that takes maybe 30 minutes to figure out from start to finish. I did everything in that time and tonight will read manual to see what "secrets" I missed. I was a bit apprehensive but its a joke how easy it is to use.

You're making me wish I have my car today! Right now! DAMNIT!!! :lol:

I found the iDrive easy to use too and I have had hardly any previous experience with it. If you go the MB forum you'll find many people who highlight how cumbersome the iDrive is and how it's a turn off....I just don't get it.

Did you get the Voice recognition option? I loved it on the test car and couldn't order the car without it. The city I live in has like 5 different speed zones and to be able to change the speed limit by simply saying "SET LIMIT; 55" then 10 mins later "SET LIMIT; 115" it was awesome..

E1142860 04-28-2006 06:09 PM

Congrats. Beautiful color combination and very nice photos. Your writeup brought back memories when we picked up ours at the dealer. Enjoy.

CVTBenhogan 04-28-2006 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Veight' post='275464' date='Apr 28 2006, 08:45 PM
The picture you took of the back seat. Look at the metallic flake in the monaco blue in the back pillar. Stunning. I think when I get mine i'm not driving it. Ill put it in my living room and just dust it occasionally.

Ain't that the damn truth :thumbsup:

Veight 04-28-2006 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Leburpor' post='275475' date='Apr 28 2006, 09:07 PM
You're making me wish I have my car today! Right now! DAMNIT!!! :lol:

I found the iDrive easy to use too and I have had hardly any previous experience with it. If you go the MB forum you'll find many people who highlight how cumbersome the iDrive is and how it's a turn off....I just don't get it.

Did you get the Voice recognition option? I loved it on the test car and couldn't order the car without it. The city I live in has like 5 different speed zones and to be able to change the speed limit by simply saying "SET LIMIT; 55" then 10 mins later "SET LIMIT; 115" it was awesome..

I 2nd that...i want mine now too. I almost want to go to my dealer tomorrow and take out a 550 on another test drive. That is unless WBMII would want to drive his to Chicago and let me drive his...

wmbiii 04-28-2006 06:15 PM

[quote name='Leburpor' date='Apr 28 2006, 10:07 PM' post='275475'

[/quote]

I'm not sure, I know I can program my phone numbers via voice recognition - I better read up - thanks for the tip.

Leburpor 04-28-2006 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you have this button then I'm pretty sure you can do it.

To set limit IIRC you need to say "COMPUTER" then "SET LIMIT" then "FOURTY FIVE" to set 45kmh (or mph).