Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Mods on a leased vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 07:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

Hey all,

Now I know every dealer is probably different... But if I was to purchase new wheels and decided to install new springs, would I need to switch the stock springs back before I turned in the car?

What is the general cost to get springs installed by a shop?
I have a friend with a lift... Is this something I could do myself? I am pretty handy, just never have done springs before...

Also thinking about getting a M-tech kit as well... My big concern is the amount of money it will cost to Mod a leased vehicle... I have 2 years left on the lease and I will be buying a M3 at the end of the term...

I probably could recover a portion of my cost if I part out the pieces at the end of the lease... Any advice? Suggestions?
Old 10-02-2008, 07:45 AM
Contributors

Springs will need to be switched back, that is unless you have a great relationship with your dealer. Dependent upon the number of competing shops in your area, spring install should run $300 or less. Thus, $600 for 24 months of improved handling and looks...I decided it was worth it . I don't know that doing it yourself is an option, but I'm not mechanically inclined. I would consider wheels and M-Tech a wash unless they were in great condition at the completion of your lease. Then, as you suggested, they could be resold for a fraction of their original cost.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

PM sent