Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Mercury "platinum" extended service contract

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 04:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i, Premium/Sport Packages. Heated Seats, Sat Radio, Mystic Blue Metallic and Dakota Gray Leather interior. Active steering and headlights, M5 166 wheels

Mercury covers parts many other vehicle service contracts do not, such as:

Ashtrays; Door handles; Door latches; Door hinges; Hood latch release mechanism; Hood struts; Hood hinges; Hood torsion bars; Ignition switch lock cylinder; Rear hatch struts; Seat tracks; Deck lid latch/release; Deck lid hinges; Deck lid torsion bars; Power seat transmission; Window crank handles; Window regulators; Wiper motor transmission; Altimeter; Compass; Glove box lock and latch.

In addition, Mercury covers the oxygen sensor, which is classified by most warranties as a maintenance item and not covered. (Usually a $200 to $400 repair.)

Other warranty companies have a cap on hourly labor rates--they only pay a capped amount for labor leaving the customer to pay the overage. With Mercury, there is no cap on labor rate coverage so you are truly protected against the ever rising cost of auto repairs.

...I wonder if they cover the Roundel Decal
Old 02-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i E60 Orient Blau Metallic Premium, NAV, Winter Package, Heads Up Display, Logic 7 Audio, AngeliBright Upgrade [White], M5 Body Kit, M Embroidered Seats
Unhappy

So you're cancelling your BMW extended warranty or your Mercy plan???
Old 02-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Premium/Sport Packages. Heated Seats, Sat Radio, Mystic Blue Metallic and Dakota Gray Leather interior. Active steering and headlights, M5 166 wheels

Originally Posted by subarashi' post='535038' date='Feb 23 2008, 04:10 PM
So you're cancelling your BMW extended warranty or your Mercy plan???
My extended warranty. I spoke with them today on the phone and they don't have a clue. They probably are RRG and they don't cover computers, software upgrades and hardly any electrical. They also don't do wear and tear, the item needing to be fixed must be broken. I faxed the cancel notice to the seller last thursday. Of course they said they didn't get it. I am now sending return receipt to them requesting signature. Also sending to mercury same way, even thought they told me that they don't send me the refund. They said it comes from the seller which is Beverly Hills Unique Sports Cars.

I hope I am not in for a headache, but will document everything as I am a mediator for the LA courts.

dtv