Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Looking for Tire Service Bulletin

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 10:58 AM
khl
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajax545' post='192758' date='Nov 2 2005, 08:59 PM
I have been complaining for the past year about tire vibration. Three weeks ago I took my car in for a window problem and requested that they check the front tire vibration again (5th time). They told me my problem was that my front tires had the inside cords showing. They also said there was a bulletin to replace the tires if I had under 20K miles. I had 21,539 miles and they said they couldn't replace them. I informed them that I have been complaining about this since 3K miles. They told me to call BMW and plead my case. I did and was told by BMW NA customer service that I needed to talk with my dealer and also that the replacement was only for cars with less than 10K miles. After the dealer had my car for 3 weeks, they said there was nothing they were able to do and come get my car. They told me they would talk with the regional service manager next time he is in town, however that was the best they could do. This came from the owner of the dealership.

I have since had to purchase new tires, being both front tires were showing inside cords. Any suggestions on were to go from here? I just saw the above bulletin and it describes my wear exactly. I do have the tires and plan to drop them off at the dealership so they can show them to the regional manager.
In my case, my dealer replaced my wheels at 21k miles. I complained the noise
since 10k miles though.

-khl
Old 01-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Originally Posted by Ajax545' post='192758' date='Nov 2 2005, 09:59 PM
I have been complaining for the past year about tire vibration. Three weeks ago I took my car in for a window problem and requested that they check the front tire vibration again (5th time). They told me my problem was that my front tires had the inside cords showing. They also said there was a bulletin to replace the tires if I had under 20K miles. I had 21,539 miles and they said they couldn't replace them. I informed them that I have been complaining about this since 3K miles. They told me to call BMW and plead my case. I did and was told by BMW NA customer service that I needed to talk with my dealer and also that the replacement was only for cars with less than 10K miles. After the dealer had my car for 3 weeks, they said there was nothing they were able to do and come get my car. They told me they would talk with the regional service manager next time he is in town, however that was the best they could do. This came from the owner of the dealership.

I have since had to purchase new tires, being both front tires were showing inside cords. Any suggestions on were to go from here? I just saw the above bulletin and it describes my wear exactly. I do have the tires and plan to drop them off at the dealership so they can show them to the regional manager.

I can only hope that your replacements were NON-ThumpFlats.

Ray Hull
Old 01-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i 6spd manual. Euro Delivery, Nav, Sport Pkg, 35%Johnson Tint

I had a similar problem and the dealer replaced my dunlop runflats after 15,000miles. The car now has 22,000miles and the roaring is back again. Any suggestions? Do u think they will swap them out with a new set of tires?

Also are the bridgestone runflats better than the dunlops?

thanks
-sss
Old 08-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Members

i have the same prob i only have 5k on mine but u know what bimmer dealership in ok wont replace them