Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

longest servicing ever?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 09:11 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i, Titanium Silver Metallic, Gray Dakota Leather, Poplar Grain Wood Trim, Steptronic, Active Steering, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, On-Board Navigation, Heated Front Seats, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Satellite Radio, Euro Rear Reflectors

I have just received a phone call from my dealer telling me that my bimmer is officially ready. I dropped my car off 14 days ago :thumbsdown: for a s/w update, oil change, oil filter change, and for some new windshield wiper fluid. I have been without my e60 for two weeks now, and i know that i'm gonna go for quite the drive when I get off of work.

Anyone else's serivicing ever take this long? Am i to expect this everytime or is this some nightmare story that never happens? After I told some others my story they have told me that they don't take their car to BMW of Arlington (Virginia, USA). I'm also in the middle of a letter to BMW of NA telling them the full story. It's bordering on 3 pages now because I have to keep going back an updating it when the dealer messes something else up.

counting down the minutes till i can go pick her up.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by cory.wingerter' post='204293' date='Nov 28 2005, 01:11 PM
I have just received a phone call from my dealer telling me that my bimmer is officially ready. I dropped my car off 14 days ago :thumbsdown: for a s/w update, oil change, oil filter change, and for some new windshield wiper fluid. I have been without my e60 for two weeks now, and i know that i'm gonna go for quite the drive when I get off of work.

Anyone else's serivicing ever take this long? Am i to expect this everytime or is this some nightmare story that never happens? After I told some others my story they have told me that they don't take their car to BMW of Arlington (Virginia, USA). I'm also in the middle of a letter to BMW of NA telling them the full story. It's bordering on 3 pages now because I have to keep going back an updating it when the dealer messes something else up.

Wow, that's nuts. I bought my car at Passport BMW - it's not a far drive from Arlington (I live on the orange line). Haven't had the car in for service yet but I hope they are faster than that!!! I work out by Sterling BMW - I might take it there for convenience if all doesn't go well with Passport.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

That is absolutely nonsense, I would check the car all over to see, that under their care the car might have been banged up and it took time time to repair. Thats only a guess, other than that I can see no reason why it would take that long. My 05 e60 has been into the dealer at least 3 times for service, inspection etc.....and never took more than a few hours. I would certainly demand to know exactly what was the problem.

They are not going to book an appointed for regular service and retain the car 2 weeks. ABSOLUTE NONSENCE, FIND OUT THE REASON.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i(Build 10/04)(SMG)Sport,BlkSapphire,Blk,Anthricite,Logic7,CWP,Comfort Seats,Nav,RearBags,Shades,Sirius,Heated/SplitFoldingRearSeats; '18 540i xDrive, White/Mocha, CWP, DAP, DAP+, Lux. Pkg, Prem. Pkg., Executive Pkg., Luxury Seating Pkg
Model Year: 2005,2018

Originally Posted by cory.wingerter' post='204293' date='Nov 28 2005, 01:11 PM

Cory, did the dealer give you any explanation as to why it took so long? Software updates can be tricky, but I think that this sounds a bit excessive. BTW, did they furnish you with a loaner? And since you list Washington, DC as your residence is BMW of Arlington close to your work? If not, you may wish to look north of the City for an alternative. My dealer had my car for two weeks once, but that was for repainting of the hood, and replacment of the BMW Assist Module, which they had to order from Germany.

Joe
Old 11-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Titanium Silver Metallic, Gray Dakota Leather, Poplar Grain Wood Trim, Steptronic, Active Steering, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, On-Board Navigation, Heated Front Seats, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Satellite Radio, Euro Rear Reflectors

i'll be sure to post my letter to BMWNA as soon as i get it finished. I am also not planning on finishing this letter until my car is safely parked in my garage and away from BMW of Arlington. And I had a total of three cars while car was out, first a chevy cobalt, then an X3, then a 325i when I asked them for another car after driving the x3 home for the holidays. The X3 just wasn't that fun.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:45 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

That's crazy--time for a new dealer.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Contributors

what kind of loaner did you get?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Passport BMW -
Attached Thumbnails longest servicing ever?-passportbmw.jpg  
Old 11-28-2005, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='204297' date='Nov 28 2005, 01:17 PM
I work out by Sterling BMW - I might take it there for convenience if all doesn't go well with Passport.
Getting service appointments with Sterling has not been easy for me. Have had to call the Service Manager twice because the SA's just wouldn't return my calls. Other than that, they kept my car for 5 days for upgrading to 19.02 (weekend included). They have put me in '05 325s, though, thanks to Enterprise. Maybe you'll get lucky with them.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Like the rest, I want to hear the dealer's story.

Quick Reply: longest servicing ever?