Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Loaner Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 05:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Originally Posted by SueBMW' date='Sep 10 2004, 07:13 AM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Sep 9 2004, 11:21 PM'] it's better for you to ask before you make your purchase.? if they promised to get you a loaner before you sign the papers and they don't give you one after, then you can kick their a$$e$ !
And how exactly do you suggest we "kick their a$$e$"?? I was promised SEVERAL times by multiple people I would get a loaner before I bought. They still refuse to give me one, even though I was in service for 28 days straight the last time I was in. No loaner, no lease payment paid. Nothing but rotten service, attitude, and unreturned phone calls. [/quote]
Personally, I would have gone to the dealer after 2 weeks, and raised so much hell, they would have wished I just kicked them in the derrier. Bad service from anyone should not be tollerated, remember you are the customer, and raise holy hell until you find someone in the company that cares about you. Daily letters or phone calls to the president of the company, service manager usually gets people on the ball, or at least in my experience.

Sorry you had so much trouble.... lucky for my dealer, they haven't given me the same service you have gotten.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:36 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first time for warranty service, my dealer gave me a Dodge Interpid. The second time, they gave me a 325iA. And the third time, the gave me a 530i just identical to my car with xenon. There was one guy behind me asked for the 3.0i Z4, and he was granted. I was told by the service advisor that my dealer has 70+ loaner BMW on the fleet ranging from 7 series down to 3 series. I am impressed.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:10 AM
Senior Members

I've had over the last few yrs, some from when my E46 was in....

320 CD Sport - nice car
320 Ci Convertible - also nice, bit posy for me though
318 SE saloon - good
530d - an E60 nuff said

I once asked for a 645Ci but the service guy just looked at my like I was crazy I think from now on we will see a lot of 1-series being given out as loaners.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:20 AM
Contributors

This is a sore subject with me. "IF" I make my appointment far enough out I'm graced with a 325, or something. But how often do we go in for routine mainance. Otherwise I'm SOL ... And that is what really pisses me off, I mean I have a 545 less then a year old, It has been in the shop, 6 times !! , and all they can offer up is a 325.... Bahhhhhhh
Old 09-10-2004, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

In Germany they give you a loaner when it's a warranty thing. Fo regular service the most dealers offer loaners too...
If you lease your car you get to coupons for loaners thru BMW FS (financial services) per year.
And loaners are allways bimmers, haven't seen anything other than that in Germany.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Senior Members

The last time my ride was in for 3 full days, they gave me a 320i that has some 121,000 kms and a faulty catalytic converter .

The exhaust stinks and petrol consumption is exceedingly high! (far worst that a 530i) .

The PDC (rear only) doesn't even work and the cabin smells . And there is a big ugly dent on the front passenger door (girls which I pick asked me if it is safe to ride with me )

The next time they want my car in, I am going to request for one with active steering - having to re-learn turning the steering to make a u-turn all over again makes me miss my ride !
Old 09-10-2004, 09:58 AM
Contributors

They mostly give me a Roll Royce, but that's only because the Lambourghini is always out..

But seriously.
They have some 5's and 3's and a few mini's as loaners.
Last week I had to cancel an appoinment, and the next available slot for a loaner was 4 weeks away! Very annoying.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Senior Members

And how exactly do you suggest we "kick their a$$e$"?? I was promised SEVERAL times by multiple people I would get a loaner before I bought. They still refuse to give me one, even though I was in service for 28 days straight the last time I was in. No loaner, no lease payment paid. Nothing but rotten service, attitude, and unreturned phone calls.
suebmw, that sucks big time ! you should go back to those people who promised you a loaner. if all attempts failed, go to the sales manager since one of the people who promised you gotta be your sales rep. if failed, go to the gm/president. i'm sure they'll do something. don't bother with the part/service managers. they don't really get along w/all the sales people. so if you complain to the service manager and saying where the hell is the loaner, they wouldn't give you one since he/she is not the one who promised you this. and they sure don't want to clean up sales people's mess. hope everything will work out great. good luck . oh, btw, i wanted to ask long time already. are you the first and only lady that registered in this forum ? if so, welcome to the men's world !
Old 09-10-2004, 10:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

My dealer gives me nothing...they simply point toward the rental car agency. The stupid thing is I just "assumed" I would get a loaner from BMW...hell I get loaners from GMC...I get loaners from Audi...but no such luck with the local BMW dealers here in SoCal. The exception is Crevier...but they'll only give you a loaner if you bought your car from them.

Anybody in SoCal know of a dealer that gives loaners for general service?? Maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places
Old 09-10-2004, 10:31 AM
Senior Members

They gave me an X3 once, with under 1,000 miles. By the time I returned it, the next day, after extensive road testing, under multiple conditions, the engine, brakes and transmission were all screaming for their 15,000 mile service.

Quick Reply: Loaner Car