Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

a little pre-service assist, if you would...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 11:45 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello

car is in for first 'formal' servce - oil change - tuesday next. other than the oil change and a new drivers seatbelt (prior visit, previous issue) i am looking for advice as to what i should be after having done...

on the list is:
- brake force display activation
- side mirror fold on keylock
- hesitancy issue with 2.2l (anyone with a tech report on this one please send it along - it would be REALLY helpful")
- increase sensitivity for wipers
- increase sensitivity for headlights

anything missed?

cheers!
Old 08-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Any strange noises? Is your steeringwheel still standing straight? These are just normal problems every car can have.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:49 PM
RH

side mirror fold on key lock
OK, so maybe I missed this but is that supposed to be a feature on the 5 series? I guess my outside side mirrors never folded back automatically. Are they supposed to?
Old 08-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RH,
Depends on whether u have the electric folding mirrors. If you do then you'll need the car memory turned on for folding by remote like on mine.

skidster,
What hesitancy issue do you have? Can you explain further? I think I might have that on my 3.0l unless its me not revving my engine enough?
If your dealer doesn't know how to activate BFD check out my post in the forum. So far from the responses only speuk and myself have had it done in the UK.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by skidster' date='Aug 16 2004, 09:45 PM
- increase sensitivity for wipers
I thought that the driver sets the sensivity of the wipers? Isn't the little wheel switch on the wiper lever for that ?
Old 08-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

It is but on my E46 it actually did almost nothing.. With little rain they wouldn't sense it and I had to do it by hand. Hope my E60 sees the rain better.
Members

BMW530 -
RH,
Depends on whether u have the electric folding mirrors. If you do then you'll need the car memory turned on for folding by remote like on mine.
(I just regsitered and changed my ID slightly ) Thanks for the response but I guess I'm still confused. Maybe I just need to study the user manual some more but how do I know if I have or am supposed to have the electric folding mirrors (is that option even available in the US?) I didn't see it specifically listed in your sig so it appears it's nothing special
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by RH' date='Aug 16 2004, 10:49 PM
OK, so maybe I missed this but is that supposed to be a feature on the 5 series? I guess my outside side mirrors never folded back automatically. Are they supposed to?
The dealer can activate it, so that if you press and hold down the lock button on the remote (master) key the mirrors fold.
BTW, when they are folded and you drive off the unfold automatically at a certain speed. And you can't fold them while your car is above that certain speed... I think it's 30 Km/h, have only tried it once and didn't paid enough attention to the tach...
Old 08-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Aug 16 2004, 04:08 PM
The dealer can activate it, so that if you press and hold down the lock button on the remote (master) key the mirrors fold.
The manual and the DVD that came with car say that if you hold down the lock button it de-activates the alarm (for towing, etc.) I guess I've never tried so I'm not sure what it does on mine. Are the instructions on the DVD and manual not correct or is that what the dealer reprograms?
Old 08-16-2004, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by RH530' date='Aug 16 2004, 05:17 PM
[quote name='Iceman' date='Aug 16 2004, 04:08 PM']The dealer can activate it, so that if you press and hold down the lock button on the remote (master) key the mirrors fold.
The manual and the DVD that came with car say that if you hold down the lock button it de-activates the alarm (for towing, etc.) I guess I've never tried so I'm not sure what it does on mine. Are the instructions on the DVD and manual not correct or is that what the dealer reprograms? [/quote]
The folding mirrors aren't available in the US... :thumbsdown:

Actually, in the US, you also can't close the windows and the roof by holding down the lock button on the remote (as you can in other countries).

Welcome to the forum -- spend some time looking around and I'm sure you'll find answers to questions you didn't know you had!!

Quick Reply: a little pre-service assist, if you would...