Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Lets see how good they really are!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 05:20 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get my baby back on saturday from 5 days intensive care...dealer is going to try and fix whole host of software probs, try and retrofit voice control, digital tv and a few other bits and bobs....hopefully they will manage to exorcise the deamons from the auto-lights module......if anyone here has been flashed at by me...sorry, its just the car and its strobe headlights doing its disco stuff.......

watch this space

DD

ps, doctor diesel hasn't dissappeared, he's just been too busy driving to post!!...
Old 10-28-2004, 05:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Hope you get it all fixed... have been wondering where you were....
Old 10-28-2004, 05:39 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by SkiScubaSailDude' date='Oct 28 2004, 08:28 AM
Hope you get it all fixed...? have been wondering where you were....
[snapback]50306[/snapback]
Drilling away?
Old 10-28-2004, 05:40 AM
Senior Members

Welcome back DD. Let me know how much your voice control retrofit costs. I really want it.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 525i

Hope all goes well.
Old 10-31-2004, 02:17 AM
Contributors

OK Folks

they had the car for a week and still no voice activation...bmw uk says still not working....and still no fix for mp3 playing. also, at long last mute stops cd playback, mirrors fold on locking and tv reception a little improved (still no digital terrestial reception yet)

Ah well,,,getting philosophical, the voice activation will hopefully happen in the future....bmw uk know I want it, I ordered it but cannot supply it (yet) at least they refunded the small sum they charged at ordering.

More on my tv upgrade exploits to follow

ps, cip 13.3 is now fitted (upgraded from 11)...engine seems smoother at takeoff...anyone else noticed that?

I seem to have settled into 99% enjoying the car and 1% wanting the trivial upgrades sorted.....I guess that is the mark of a great car ...as nothing (exept my wife as she tells me) is perfect in this life!

DD
Old 10-31-2004, 03:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Doctor Diesel' date='Oct 31 2004, 12:17 PM
at least they refunded the small sum they charged at ordering.
[snapback]51337[/snapback]
How much?
Old 10-31-2004, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Doctor Diesel' date='Oct 31 2004, 06:17 AM
OK Folks

they had the car for a week and still no voice activation...bmw uk says still not working....and still no fix for mp3 playing.? also, at long last mute stops cd playback, mirrors fold on locking and tv reception a little improved (still no digital terrestial reception yet)

Ah well,,,getting philosophical, the voice activation will hopefully happen in the future....bmw uk know I want it, I ordered it but cannot supply it (yet)? at least they refunded the small sum they charged at ordering.

More on my tv upgrade exploits to follow

ps, cip 13.3 is now fitted (upgraded from 11)...engine seems smoother at takeoff...anyone else noticed that?

I seem to have settled into 99% enjoying the car and 1% wanting the trivial upgrades sorted.....I guess that is the mark of a great car ...as nothing (exept my wife as she tells me) is perfect in this life!

DD
[snapback]51337[/snapback]
Hi
Am I correct in thinking, it's just the retrofit voice activation that's not working?
Because my 535 came with voice, and it works fine.
Regards
Old 10-31-2004, 03:22 AM
Members

Hi, Forgot to log in. Last post was me
Old 10-31-2004, 03:32 AM
Contributors

Yes, Its the retrofit that isn't working yet...the refund was about ?200 if I remember....Of course, when it finally gets done...I'll push for it to be done for the refund cost as it was on my original sales order.

Anyone in uk got the terrestial digital tv working yet?

DD

Quick Reply: Lets see how good they really are!!