Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Lease Return

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 05:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am returning my lease next week to my dealer which i just signed up with for another lease. This will be my third car from this dealership.

The car has 11,000 miles below what i was allowed and has had the follwoing extras isntalled by bmw at my expense:

Aux Audio Input
Factory Alarm

I have some minor dents and some scuffs on the back bumper. I am hoping that the dealership can waive any extra wear and tear charges since I signed up for another car with them. (also, next year my other lease comes to an end and i will needign another car from them as well)

What can i say or do?
Old 01-17-2006, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I think it all depends on what you consider "minor"...

If the lease is with BMW, then they will most likely use an inspection service that isn't affiliated with the dealership so it won't matter how good a customer you are.

Usually, a few months before your lease is up, you'll get a lease-end kit that describes what is considered normal wear and tear. If you're car falls into that category, you'll be fine.

The extras installed at your expense won't matter at all as long as they're factory, etc. Unfortunately, there's no "credit" for those types of things...
Old 01-17-2006, 06:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

There is a decent end of lease guide on the owner's circle that seems to suggest that most scuffs and dings would fall under reasonable wear and tear, looks like they have a pretty generous policy in relation to lease returns. They also have pictures of what would and would not normally fall into their definition of wear and tear, last time I read it I was pretty surprised by just what they would deem to be OK. Assuming you've just got minor scuffs and dings you should hopefully be OK.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='225362' date='Jan 17 2006, 10:00 AM
I think it all depends on what you consider "minor"...

If the lease is with BMW, then they will most likely use an inspection service that isn't affiliated with the dealership so it won't matter how good a customer you are.

Usually, a few months before your lease is up, you'll get a lease-end kit that describes what is considered normal wear and tear. If you're car falls into that category, you'll be fine.

The extras installed at your expense won't matter at all as long as they're factory, etc. Unfortunately, there's no "credit" for those types of things...

I spoke to my salesman and he said he said that the dealership has soemone there that inspects the car upon lease return, i am hoping to get them to accept the car as is.

When i say minor wear and tear i mean the following

2 tiny dents on the rear 1/4 panels that you can only see if you inspect the car fromthe back (liek what the dealer does when you drop it for service)

one quatrer size dent on the front of the hood near the grill.

nice size scuff on the corner of teh back bumber