Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Knowledgeable board-What can/would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='484044' date='Oct 20 2007, 09:21 PM
I think you need to see the dealer owner and/or BMWNA and elevate this situation above your SA. You are not happy and they should be able to assist in either fixing all the problems and concerns, or find an economical way to see you get a new car. There are clearly issues with your car that are somewhat questionable.....this is not a good PR exercise for your dealer or BMW.

Good Luck

+1 - stay with it and get the things you mentioned fixed. Sounds like it may have been in a minor accident on the right front. Do not accept that it cannot be properly aligned and have them inspect the suspension, also replace the leaky lens and all other problems you are having or you demand your $$ back. Was this really represented as a new car to you...that's fraud and you would have had to sign papers during your purchase that the car was used or a demo...they cannot sell you a used car as new!! Be persistent and get it fixed or hand it back. Good news is that the things wrong don't sound too bad for your dealer to fix and that will give you peace of mind and an enjoyable ownership experience....if you let these things go - they will nag you as long as you own this car and you will most likely end up trading it long before you normally would have. Good luck and stick to your guns!!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by BMW NA Customer Relations' post='485148' date='Oct 23 2007, 01:37 PM
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

EXCELLENT Service, monitoring the forum and helping out a customer!! You are to be commended for that!!

Way to go and soooo unexpected these days!!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by BMW NA Customer Relations' post='485148' date='Oct 23 2007, 03:37 PM
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
Kudos to BMW NA. Thank you. I have always said that BMW NA was a stand up organization.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Thanks NA! Hawaiian-I, be sure to keep us posted on how things work out, etc.

Good luck!
Old 11-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Hey Hawaiin-I , how are you making out with the challenges on your car ?? Last we heard BMWNA was on the case ....
Cheers

ps , was just checking on vacation plans in Maui this Spring, gotta love this new $1.07 CDN dollar.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i White/Black Sport

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='489628' date='Nov 3 2007, 08:09 PM
Hey Hawaiin I how are you making out with the challenges on your car ?? Last we heard BMWNA was on the case ....
Cheers

ps , was just checking on vacation plans in Maui this Spring, gotta love this new $1.07 CDN dollar.
Brief update:
Still struggling in paradise.
After alignment for car jerking left when braking on a Friday, car pulled right (opposite original problem) when braking over the weekend. Brought back on Monday was told if I could duplicate problem. That's why it's so dangerous; first jerk left, aligned, then right pull. Not all the time, cannot duplicate on demand.

Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease; not my style, but, if I bang someone because of the unforseen pull/jerk when braking, I'll be more than a squeaky wheel at that point.

BMW NA said wait for the rep. to come to the islands; subsequent phone calls not returned.
Letter to Pres./GM of local dealership, no response. 1 week.

Westcoast550:
Was just on Maui in August, loved it! White sand, mai tais, bikinis. Enjoy your vacation!
WARNING! If you stop by in Honolulu, watch out for the 550i jerking left or pulling right at the stop lights.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Damn 'H', I was hoping things would be further along than this.....the jerking under braking is downright DANGEROUS!!, ....(you hear that BMW-NA rep.....this man is driving a death trap!!!.....what are you going to do to help him.!!??) Hawaiin I, does this car have active steering?......if it does, this might be why it can't be re-produced, if not, maybe the brakes? ......H, lookup a member named 'BigLew' I think he is a BMW Tech. send him a PM, & see what he thinks could be the problem. Good luck.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by hawaiian-I' post='489645' date='Nov 3 2007, 09:23 PM
Brief update:
Still struggling in paradise.
After alignment for car jerking left when braking on a Friday, car pulled right (opposite original problem) when braking over the weekend. Brought back on Monday was told if I could duplicate problem. That's why it's so dangerous; first jerk left, aligned, then right pull. Not all the time, cannot duplicate on demand.

Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease; not my style, but, if I bang someone because of the unforseen pull/jerk when braking, I'll be more than a squeaky wheel at that point.

BMW NA said wait for the rep. to come to the islands; subsequent phone calls not returned.
Letter to Pres./GM of local dealership, no response. 1 week.

Westcoast550:
Was just on Maui in August, loved it! White sand, mai tais, bikinis. Enjoy your vacation!
WARNING! If you stop by in Honolulu, watch out for the 550i jerking left or pulling right at the stop lights.
H-I , really sorry to hear the status hasnt moved along. It is such a great car , and a real pity you can't feel confident driving it . We're all pulling for you , if you don't get satisfaction we are all on your side so push as hard as you're comfortable with.

Cheers