Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Just ordered '05 545i. Waiting to receive it.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

i bet u every single minutes worth it~
Old 03-13-2005, 05:54 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Congrats and welcome. The wait will be well worth it!
Old 03-13-2005, 06:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i - ordered in January delivered April 21st! Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple.

Sounds like we have a lot of new people - my car started production March 11th - all the paperwork is signed - dealer said it should be another 5-6 weeks. Sooooo painful... I feel you pain
Old 03-13-2005, 06:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 M5 - Interlagos Blue / SMG / Black Perforated Merino / Fully Loaded!!

You guys are all great, thanks for the warm welcome... this will be my first BMW so it looks like I'll be hanging out around these forums for tips and advice on it.
The problem now is that the more I read around in the forums the more anxious I get about it! Oh, what to do............
Old 03-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, smokescreen-38 !
Old 03-22-2005, 08:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 M5 - Interlagos Blue / SMG / Black Perforated Merino / Fully Loaded!!

I just received my vehicle tracking number and I checked online to see the status of it and it says "On Order".
Does anyone know more or less how long after placing an order does it take for the vehicle to begin production?

Just curious (and impatient )
Old 03-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

3 weeks only - suck it up, your lucky.

I had to wait 3 months for my 545i 6 speed. It only took 4 weeks from the time it was built to the time it arrived in the US. The west coast port is only 20 minutes from my office, but it sat there for 3+ weeks waiting for an ECM recall update. Now that was painful.

This was my first BMW and the wait was every so sweet when the car finally arrived.

That thing about the "Ultimate Driving Machine" is so true - Enjoy
Old 03-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on black. 6spd MT, Nav, sports package.

yeah.. you guys are right.
I just can't wait any longer.

I am leasing mine for around $929 a month @ 36 months. (no down payment) Is that a reasonable price?

The car is fully loaded... the quoted price was $64k, but my friend who knew the guys at the dealership got them to take it down to 60.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

The way it was explained to me and seemed to hold true for my order is that build schedules are set on a monthly basis. I placed my order at the end of May 04. June production was already scheduled. So, my build was the first week of July.

If you placed your order now, it could be scheduled for April, if time slots are open, otherwise it would fall into May. Another way to push up the build is if your dealer modifiys an existing vehicle on order. Depending on the vehicle build status, the order can be modified. So, if your dealer has a similar car on order that has a set production date, they may be able to modify it for color and content.

Also, BMW pushes a customer order ahead of Dealer stock orders.

Then from build completion (1 week to build) to arrival in the US is about 4 weeks to the west coast. I assume it would be less to the east coast by atleast a week.

The on-line build status through BMWUSA is cool but is delayed. The dealer info is more up-to-date, so if you really want to track it, have your salesperson email you his updates. For example, I think mine was already on a boat for a 3-5 days before the on-line system changed status.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:19 AM
JustGuest

Originally Posted by goyk' date='Mar 22 2005, 01:45 PM
yeah.. you guys are right.
I just can't wait any longer.

I am leasing mine for around $929 a month @ 36 months. (no down payment) Is that a reasonable price?

The car is fully loaded... the quoted price was $64k, but my friend who knew the guys at the dealership got them to take it down to 60.
[snapback]105150[/snapback]
I ordered mine(lease also) just a week ago. I'm sorry but I think your dealer just f... you very hard. The current lease program from BMW Finance gives 61% Residual Value and 0.001 Money Factor. Using any Lease Calculator ( for example: http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm) and your MSRP of $64,000 and Cap Cost of $60,000. your lease payment should be $681/month + tax.
My car's MSRP is $61,595 and my lease payment is $655.00 + tax.

P.S. Sorry, I just realized that $64,000 was first dealer's quote and the car is fully loaded. Well, the MSRP for the car with all options is $70,540 and if you get it for $60,000 then your payment should be $575.00 + tax. It's even worse.

Quick Reply: Just ordered '05 545i. Waiting to receive it.