Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

just back from Munich

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

[quote name='DUCKMAN' date='Dec 18 2005, 09:23 AM' post='212796']

Flawless trip thanks to Beewang's navigational dvd disc. I totally recommend getting the navigation system if you go the European Delivery route. Then beg, borrow, or buy a European disc. The added security of having the BMW lady navigate your car around is well worth the price you will pay. I lucked out and got 4 good days of weather and put 1503 miles on my new fantastic 550i. On day four, I raced to 152 mph on the autobahn. Sure there was a lot of wind noise and I wasn't able to run that speed for long (you catch traffic kinda quick at that speed), but the memory will last me until I stop breathing. Taking the picture wasn't as dangerous as you might think -- just don't look thru the viewfinder and hang on tight with your left hand.
The German roads and German driver are far superior to what we have in the States. Though paying $1.36 per liter for Super Plus is not something I want to do everyday.
Thanks everyone who contributes to this forum. You helped me make the best decision of my life -- buying the car and taking European Delivery.
[/quote
Did the ED thing this past JAN. and I also had a flawless trip weather wise and thanks to Beewang's NAV disc, didn't have any problems getting around.IMO every BMW owner should experience the ED trip.Looking forward already to our next ED trip.The only problem I'm having is I'm realy getting intrested in the Z4 Coupe and thats going to come out of Spartensburg,SC.Oh well you can't have everything.
cheers
vern
PS 32 days from drop off to redelivery,good luck
PPS Get the red rear reflectors IMO it makes a great looking car even better.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

wow, 152mph and its only going at 4600 rpms. i wonder what the top speed would be without the limiter.

congrats duckman. may u have many happy miles with the car.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Contributors

i am bit dizzy after i saw the speedometer..uffff...
Old 12-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

I bet that ride was as smooth as a baby's behind. Congrats on your new ride.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Awesome, Congrats!
Old 12-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

Duckman,

Congratulations!!! I had the same experience. My 550 hit 152 mph flat out. Also have the picture.

I did not have the guts to take a hand off the steering wheel so my buddy snapped the picture. I expect my car to be delivered this week as it has been in the US for a week now. Looks like EH Harmes drop off site in the pictures. I also had the same experience getting into my old car riding home from the airport. Funny you should mention that.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:50 AM
HHP
Members

My Ride: 06 550 SMG |Comfort seats | sport, premium sound and cold weather packages | active steer | Navigation |comfort access | rear seat heat | rear seat fold down| sirius|

Awsome picture! Sounds like a great experience
Old 12-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

sweet...I have the same car except for M sport coming. I test drove a 545 and had it to 225 or so...seemed quite nice and smooth at that speed! Cant wait to try mine out!! You loved the color?? I'm still agonizing over whether I should have picked silver gray over titanium...
Old 12-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

The titanium is a great color, the one I considered versus Jet Black. You will love it once you see it and are able to drive it.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

yes after a few days of stress I'm officially pumped about titanium and know for sure I made the right choice! Now if they would just build the damn thing and get it here!!

Quick Reply: just back from Munich