Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

on its way!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 06:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

Originally Posted by markt540i' post='193435' date='Nov 4 2005, 04:32 PM
very, very nice. Love the m kit. How can you stand it. Tell them to hurry up and PDI it so you can take it this weekend
Yeah I would be going crazy also! Great choice of a car
Old 11-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530D Reg 18th Sept 2003 (uk launch date) xenons, wood, mirror pack, 17" rims, Hi Fi spkr, Met Black On Order 530D M Sport Auto Silver Grey Visibility & Media Packs Wood & Lumber Support

just picked it up too dark to photo will post pics later.
the ride is so much nicer than my se was. not as crashy or noisy can't understand it because the sport should have stiffer suspension and lower profile wheels than the 17's on my SE

Only problem is that it won't pair with my phone. so I will have to take it back to the dealership tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by arosamond' post='194701' date='Nov 7 2005, 06:21 PM
the ride is so much nicer than my se was. not as crashy or noisy can't understand it because the sport should have stiffer suspension and lower profile wheels than the 17's on my SE
I have also found this with my car, the ride is so much better than my SE was. Have you got Goodyears fitted ?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by arosamond' post='190434' date='Oct 29 2005, 10:41 AM
Just ordered new silver/grey s530d M Sport and with Media and Visibility packs the car is a MY06 build week 39 and is in stock at a UK dealer.
My dealer has told me that he has a memo from BMW on his desk that says the car will be able to play MP3 cd's following a software update due in December the dealer said he will show me the memo when I go in to sign the papers on Monday.
He has also confirmed that the upgrade will be FOC.

Has anyone else heard about the software update?
is the software update for the mp3's due for everyone
Old 11-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530D Reg 18th Sept 2003 (uk launch date) xenons, wood, mirror pack, 17" rims, Hi Fi spkr, Met Black On Order 530D M Sport Auto Silver Grey Visibility & Media Packs Wood & Lumber Support

Originally Posted by 535D Sport' post='194714
I have also found this with my car, the ride is so much better than my SE was. Have you got Goodyears fitted ?
[/quote]

Yes the sport does have Goodyears whereas the SE had Bridgestone Potenzas
this is quite surprising because many of the posts I have read, particulalrly from across the Atlantic, have slated the Goodyears.

Originally Posted by norham' post='194723
Just ordered new silver/grey s530d M Sport and with Media and Visibility packs the car is a MY06 build week 39 and is in stock at a UK dealer.
My dealer has told me that he has a memo from BMW on his desk that says the car will be able to play MP3 cd's following a software update due in December the dealer said he will show me the memo when I go in to sign the papers on Monday.
He has also confirmed that the upgrade will be FOC.

Has anyone else heard about the software update?
is the software update for the mp3's due for everyone
[/quote]

I understand software for existing pro nav systems built pre sept 05 is expected before the year end