Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Its here!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 07:41 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ky_Soldier , more interior pics coming up, Nighttime view
Old 05-29-2004, 08:42 PM
sj3
Senior Members

1) To increase the volume of Nav-babe's voice, turn the main volumn knob up while she's talking. If you have any trouble timing it, just use the repeat-last-instruction button to get her talking.

2) No idea; sorry.

3) I'm not sure I understand the question. In an auto (Step.), I would probably either use regular D or DS (wouldn't really matter much). If I really wanted to use the manual modes, I'd probably leave it in 2 or something in major rush-hour and just change up as necessary. Probably not much need for 1 but it could be used if desired. Tell you friend to use whatever mode he wants, just use it properly without overrevving the engine (not really possible in D or DS).

4) The auto mode does adjust pressure by itself, but using either low, meium, or high fan speeds to affect whatever temperature setting you use. The setting is in the clmate control settings screen. For example, it will use either high, medium, or low fan speed to get the temperature where you want it and then use whatever speed it needs to keep it there.

I had a temperature 'wheel' by the center vent in my '00 540i that I used all the time. Now that's not there any more! There is a center vent temperature cotnrol but it's in idrive now. Available with one voice command...center vent termperature setting or something like that.

Sam
Old 05-29-2004, 09:04 PM

If you have ventilated seats with Nasca leather (available as a Priority One option in the US: $$$), I have two questions:

Is the Nasca beige (I believe Nasca only comes in Black or Beige) the same shade as the standard 5-series beige?

And, does Nasca cover only the same areas as Dakota leather in the standard interior, or does it cover additional stuff (door armrests, etc)?

Thanks and good luck,

David
Old 05-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Senior Members

matrix, i was out driving tonight too, how i wish the run in period is over now.
i saw the side view of my car by a window at night and the front leds looks amazing. i was flying through the ramps and curves just to see the adaptive xenons move. i am amazed.
i find a small dead pixel on my idrive screen! and how i wish to have logic 7 now, somehow the stereo is not as loud as i would prefer.
so you are already enjoying the ventilated seats eh? does it actually make your bum feel cool (try wearing shorts)?
there are temperature and light sensors in the cabin you will only need to set the a/c o auto and the fan will regulate itself automatically.
have you setup bmw assist yet? i have accidentally called 911 a couple of times by pressing the phone button on the steering wheel.
you will need the adapter to hook up your phone before you can connect and use voice control. ie a trip to the dealer. rollee
Old 05-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Members

Hey Rollee, those adaptive lights are indeed truly amazing, believe it or not i was doing the same thing you were to test them out hehe. As for the ventilated seats, it does cool your whole body, its similar to the heated seats, though i believe the heated seats feature only has 2 parts of the seat (the back and the bottom) where it heats your body, the ventilated seats feature cools your body down throughout the seat as you will see in pictures i will be posting on later, you can choose (of a total of 3) which part of the seats you want to have ventilation on. BMW Assist unfortunately wasnt working either along with phone which really sucks, so am hoping that the trip to the dealer on monday will sort out all the problems i am having.
Old 05-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Members

And now the promised night time pics

Old 05-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Members

Old 05-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Members

Old 05-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Members