Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Items stolen from car while in for BMW service

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2003 530d

Some years ago, another car I had (not bmw!) was in service and I had this huge box of chewing gum in the console.
When I went to pick it up I talked to the chief technician (!) and as he pulled out his pen from his shirt pocket a handful of chewing gums flew all over the floor. At the time I didn't make anything of it but he got extremely confused and tried to make it look as if someone pranked him by placing gums in his pocket
That was the last time I've been to their business and the car was sold soon after.

PS. My BMW service is the best ever. They even put a pack of BMW branded mints in the car after cleaning it inside out.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

sorry to hear that, but I live in Houston Texas and had my v1 in my car when i dropped it off at advantage bmw midtown and it was still there. In addition, i had forgot that I had left a 100 dollar bill in the center console and when i got the car back, it was all still there and the dealership gained my trust just because they didnt still my money, lol!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d SE Jet black / anthracite Advanced air con Sun protection glass USB Style 244 wheels

Originally Posted by wasupdu' post='444251' date='Jul 7 2007, 01:01 AM
I just left the dealer after having my O2 sensor replaced since my service engine soon light came on a few weeks ago. I had a great experience at the dealer (for the first time EVER) and during my drive home I noticed that I was missing a few items that were in my center console. The major losses were a series of gift cards that I had in there (about $400-$500 worth). I immediately called the dealer and spoke with a manager and he told me he would see what he could find out, but tried to assure me that they would "make it right" - in his words. Being late in the day on Friday I understand that he couldn't really do much more, but I'm still pissed nonetheless. Before I dropped off the car I made sure to grab my ipod, iphone, laptop, and briefcase from the car, but forgot to check the center console.
I have a feeling that at VERY BEST I'll end up with a couple hundred dollar BMW service/accessory credit which I'll have absolutely no use for. Oh well, I guess I should be more careful next time.
Sorry, just needed to vent
I would press the dealer very hard for some answers, it is unacceptable that someone they employ is preying on customers who forget to strip cars of everything not screwed down. :thumbsdown:
Old 08-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Members

I used to keep an empty backpack in my trunk so I could throw things in there quickly when I took my car for repairs or when I went to the car wash. Now I just don't keep anything in my car that would require removal. My cell phone goes with me, and that's pretty much it. So far nobody has ever stolen the umbrella that I leave in there on the floor behind the passenger seat.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Sorry to hear this.
Did the dealer not tell you to get all your valuables when levering your car?
I never put valuables in the car, I always keep all valuables in my Ferrari rugsack or a bag.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

I always take out my radar detector, my CD's and my Glock 26 before all service appts. On my last one, I thought I had left my small air compressor in the trunk. When I went to retrieve my car, it was gone, or so I thought. I semi-accused them of stealing it, and then called home to find out it was in my garage. I felt like a jerk, but oh well. I don't trust anyone, so watch your stuff!