Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Interesting time at Crevier

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 06:00 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Well, yesterday I took my car to Crevier BMW (some of you guys had recommended them and since moving McKenna is out of my way now). They did the oil change - fine, but there were a couple of curious things (reminds me of Vlad): 1) They replaced the front pads because of "squealing" with 4200 miles left and 3 mm, good thing - except they didn't turn the rotors, am I expecting too much? I have done brakes probably hundreds of times and I have never just slapped on a set of pads. I always have the rotors turned or replaced, and I checked, sure enough there are still grooves in the rotors.
The other thing was the guy mentioned he'd "check for leaks" but noted there WAS a leak in my paperwork when I dropped the car off, I thought this was odd since they hadn't even popped the hood yet - how would he know? X-ray vision? When I got the car back they said the had "replaced valve cover gasket with grommet" - I was like WTF?!?!?!?! Again, I have been working on cars for more than 20 years and never heard of such a thing. Some of the old Chevy and Ford valve covers had grommets for the oil breather but replacing valve cover gasket with grommet? What the hell is that? Should I ask them?
The final thing that pissed me off: I told them I had McKenna look at my front suspension a few times over the last year or so since I had heard a "popping" noise when going at slow speed and turning the wheel. They claimed it was the aftermarket springs that caused it and I reminded him - those were done fairly recently and the issue was going on well be fore that it can't be the springs. They said that's what the service manager said so there's nothing they can do. This one is annoying but I want to get coilovers at some point anyway so not that big a deal, just don;t like it when they lie.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Not one suggestion?
Old 02-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, get at me when you're ready for your KW's!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if my suggestion would be useful, but could it be bushings or control arms? I'm probably not the best person for advice but I took a shot at it now give me a damn beer!