Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

individual options

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 11:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 SMG Individual interior, all options except Nav & HUD.

I ordered my 545, build date in august, and the dealer tells me that anthracite roof liner is not available till sept production. So i decided to go in for 'individual" interior with the piano wood, black marino extended leather as a cost option of 3000 euro.

does anyone know what "extended leather" entails, and also what the "individial designation" on the door sills look like?

Thanks in advance

PS: while I am posting, would anyone also know when we can buy the OEM M5 front spoiler & wheels
Old 07-15-2004, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by offshore' date='Jul 15 2004, 09:32 AM
I ordered my 545, build date in august, and the dealer tells me that anthracite roof liner is not available till sept production.? So i decided to go in for 'individual" interior with the piano wood, black marino extended leather as a cost option of 3000 euro.

does anyone know what "extended leather" entails, and also what the "individial designation" on the door sills look like?
Unforunately you are right with the anthracite roof liner. I wanted to get that too, but didn't wanted to wait any longer, so I decided to get it without it.
I'm not sure what exactly the extended leather covers, but there will be some things covered with leather, instead of just beeing plastic.
The door sills are REALLY cool. I got the lighted door sills from the accessories brochure, and mine say BMW, the light is white. When ordering packages through BMW Individual you can get these door sills as an option (exclusively - you can't get them without ordering BMW individual packages). They are lighted RED and say BMW Individual. A real cool look! (I've seen it once in person).
Old 07-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 545 SMG Individual interior, all options except Nav & HUD.

Iceman,

Many thanks for taking the time to anser my questions...I am realy looking forward to receiving my car now..

1 more question: please could you let me know what the translation for German is in the pdf download from www.karins-welt.de BMW M-tecnic bodykit. My specific questions are: what is the price? when is it available, and can one just buy bodykit instead of the whole package?

It would be much appreciated.

Best regards
Old 07-16-2004, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by offshore' date='Jul 16 2004, 08:42 AM
Many thanks for taking the time to anser my questions...I am realy looking forward to receiving my car now..

1 more question: please could you let me know what the translation for German is in the pdf download from www.karins-welt.de BMW M-tecnic bodykit. My specific questions are: what is the price? when is it available, and can one just buy bodykit instead of the whole package?
No problem.
But I think there is something wrong with the site, because www.karins-welt.de seems to be someones privet website and I can't find any *.pdf's for download nor any infos regarding Bimmers...
Old 07-16-2004, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

OK...

There is another thread where there is the correct link and where it is allready translated:

Click here
Old 11-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Members

Question for "Individual" orders:

Just to clear up some details. The BMW Individual choice makes sense for me - you buy an "Individual" package and voila - you have an "Individual" BMW. How then are some people able to order only specific items from an "Individual" package? I thought it was package 1, 2, or 3, not specific options to pick and choose at your leisure? (I'd like to know because I like to pick and choose and not get a complete package ).
Old 11-01-2004, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

You can get a complete package, or in some countrys like Germany you can have some of the Individual items as regular options.
For Germany that is the Anthracite Headliner and the Shiny Shadow Line.
Interior leathers and wood trim as well as exterior colours are then Individual options.
You can get them themselves or in a package.
So if you want a special colour, you can get it and don't need to order a package. Same with the leather...
Old 11-02-2004, 08:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by ITALYBMW' date='Nov 1 2004, 11:14 AM
Question for "Individual" orders:

Just to clear up some details.? The BMW Individual choice makes sense for me - you buy an "Individual" package and voila - you have an "Individual" BMW.? How then are some people able to order only specific items from an "Individual" package?? I thought it was package 1, 2, or 3, not specific options to pick and choose at your leisure?? (I'd like to know because I like to pick and choose and not get a complete package? ).
[snapback]51773[/snapback]
Unfly information on "Individual" provided by BMW and the competence of dealers in this regard leave much to be desired and few of the members of this forum
have experience or sofistication there so far and most of extra information (except what is written in the brochures or on the web-site) is unconfirmed.
I spent some time looking into the matter and can sum up the following:

BMW tries to confine our choices to the three packages for which they provide
more or less "sensible" prices. Out fo the package you can drop the individual exterior colour and probably the wheels with a credit in your favour. Otherwise you
apparently cud drop anything else but have to pay the full price.

I have heard that apart from "individual programme " exterior colours you can get any other BMW colour for extra price (again unconfirmed).

As for the other BMW Individual things (like I have seen photos of illuminated I-drive knob) I failed to find any list or pricing for them (dealers even do not know anything about their existence).

Any feed back from any of you will be much appreciated.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:08 AM
Members

...Which leaves me more confused about the Individual program. I know anybody can just take their vehicle to their local custom car shop, drop $20k and make their dreams come alive.

I'm just happy the BMW "Individual" options even exist and just want to see what my choices are. Any more updates would definitely be appreciated though. Case in point...
individual options-587445_1_full.jpg
Old 11-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Senior Members

is that a 3 ?

Quick Reply: individual options